Cqg

Mathemagician,

"CQG is definitely in the running".

If you get me one, I'll be your best friend.

Grant.

Didn't realise you could get all of that with IB. May be cheaper, but direct access gives you minimum increment spread, and this is currently free if you subscribe to the charting package which is IMO excellent.

IB is direct access. Order types not natively supported on an exchange are implemented on IB's servers.

IB's charting is not very good, but there are many third party charting / order entry platforms that work with IB feed / API.

This is very interesting information. Thank you for sharing it. My business has grown to the point where it is time to take it to the next level from an infrastructure standpoint and CQG is definitely in the running. Again, thank you.

jj

JJ, from an automation perspective, I think you may be better checking out TT as they have a very well developed API that allows both data out and orders in. You could certainly call your external strategies and have orders inbound for execution.

CQG, I gather, only allows data out through the API.

I don't mind having my strategies written in the platform's native language. I just want this to be the last platform for a while. If the platform allows DLL calls I can do the automation myself.

jj

Basic cost of CQG with access to Eurex only = £352 per month.

Still waiting for Reuter's details.

Grant.