Covel - free download book

Available free on Amazon:
Trading the Trend (Collection) eBook: Michael W. Covel: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store#_
Trading the Trend (Collection) [Kindle Edition] Michael W. Covel (Author)
(You don't need a Kindle - just download Kindle reader for PC)

You may not necessarily agree with the philosophy but it's worth a read IMHO. The link also includes some sample pages.

[Mods: don't know which thread is appropriate - please move as reqd]

At this stage, I assume it's a thread topic.

As you were.:)

thanks for the link 0007 (y)

don't have a kindle so downloaded the kindle for pc. registered it and then clicked buy. wow! that was easy and seamless, delivered straight to my pc kindle in an instant, all most impressive indeed.

yep - downloaded the books on 2 of my pc's .....

I was looking at covel recently and pondering a buy
thanks !
N

Thread moved to "Educational Resources"

Didn't realise there was so much out there for free !

Only occasional interesting points. I dislike Covel, he seems to talk theory so much and never reveal or talk the mechanics of any strategy. Way of the Turtle was OK, but this guy sells courses for upwards of 10k. Milking his own fame in my opinion.
Glad it was free though

Never knew there was a kindle program for pc . Unfortunately the book is not free but just a free sample .(like the look inside feature)

Thanks for the link anyway

Last edited:
I would say that's fortunate if it prevents people from reading it;)

The whole (as far as I can tell) book is indeed free: I have it on my Kindles and my PC. The "look inside" is just a sample but if you register with Amazon and purchase the book in digital form its price is zero -- but you still have to purchase it for zero. Obviously Amazon get you signed up for an account but it doesn't cost anything.

Last edited:
The whole book is indeed free: I have it on my Kindles and my PC. The "look inside" is just a sample but if you register with Amazon and purchase the book in digital form its price is zero -- but you still have to purchase it for zero. Obviously Amazon get you signed up for an account but it doesn't cost anything.

I've read it some time ago (paper edition). Just wonder if he trades for a living, or he makes more by writing etc.

I've read it some time ago (paper edition). Just wonder if he trades for a living, or he makes more by writing etc.

all he does is promote stuff, his books, courses, plugins..i bet he couldn't trade to save his life.

Covel is just another snake oil vendor.

How much money has he made from trading??

Its all from his books, courses and seminars.

The problem I see with the book is that it's full of good advice: in the style of e.g. buy low -- sell high. We all know that's what we'd like to do as well as cutting our losses, letting our profits run and sticking rigidly to our carefully constructed plan -- good principles maybe but I'm not sure he actually explains fully how to do it - but isn't that all part of the psycho approach. On the other hand he provides lots of interesting anecdotes and does point to guys who have been very successful -- so it's a bit like the Olympics: if you keep practicing you might one day give Usain Bolt a run for his money! I actually enjoyed reading it but in the end you have to get off your butt and go and do the trade!

PS - it's updated since 1st edition (which I didn't think much of) to include post-2008 sentiments. Maybe I'm going soft in old age but I got more out of it this time!

Maybe it doesn't matter if you are ok with getting trading ideas from somebody who doesn't trade for a living.

I prefer practical approach with ideas that can improve my trading/profitability

I also prefer the practical approach.

I think there must be a crossover here...I'm not concerned with Covel the seller of xyz...but as an author.... somebody has to write these books...and at least he is writing about successful traders and includes a lot of their quotes.

It's these quotes and nothing else, that should provide food for thought.

I don't understand, the link says it costs £27.18 for the kindle version of the book?

I don't understand, the link says it costs £27.18 for the kindle version of the book?

Thats really strange, just a few hours ago, it was priced at nothing. Unless we all started downloading it and they realised perhaps it does have some value..

That's a shame, it was to be my first delve into the world of kindle. I noticed on the blurb it says - "Text-to-Speech: Enabled ", does this mean you can listen to kindle books through headphones using a kindle?

That's a shame, it was to be my first delve into the world of kindle. I noticed on the blurb it says - "Text-to-Speech: Enabled ", does this mean you can listen to kindle books through headphones using a kindle?

would you want to?..imagine listening to a trading book with a voice that resembles jeremy paxman for example..put you off for life :LOL: