COT Reports

Why? Not asking for Larry's opinion, asking for yours...in your own time..:)

I believe it makes sense. Having said this I have never traded futures however been doing a lot of study lately on them.

Stocks fundamentals are its sales and earnings.

Commodity futures fundamentals are its COT reports especially interest of the commercials in the given market. They are the ones that decide on the direction followed by hedge funds. I do not also think (from what i have read in COT reports related books) they are any useful for short term trades.

The technicals of both commodity futures and the common stock is the price action on its charts.

A good mix of price action backed up by COT reports should yield good results. This again is not for short term trading. I am talking weekly charts.

The COT Report is often viewed as a contrarian indicator (for example if most of the non commercials are net long who else can they buy from?). I'm pretty sure it can be used by retail traders providing that they:

Have nerves of steel
Large enough account balance
Able to be comfortable using large stops

Mick

Combined with other top and bottom picking with clearly defined risk such as the elliott wave will prove magical

Today's COT report.

I like this one. Firm sleeping keeps my back aligned. Great for emergencies when the wife throws me out of the bedroom. Tucks away under the bed when not in use.

Peter

Attachments

• cot.jpg
    cot.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 1,163
Today's COT report.

I like this one. Firm sleeping keeps my back aligned. Great for emergencies when the wife throws me out of the bedroom. Tucks away under the bed when not in use.

Peter
:!: I have that exact sleeping cot and used it about 3 weeks ago.