Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

the 3 duck Corrie system currently has :-

BUYS - GBP , (AUD is not >0 in 5min)
SELLS - YEN , USD(forever !)

that's where the action is by choosing these guys either together or in a preferred pair ....

GU clearly is a Star buy again now :)

the 3 ducks corrie is on fire at the moment ..........only the Euro is not in play .........mainly because the 4h TF 60ma shows it as a buy whereas 1h and 5m its selling

otherwise with 7 currencies firing on big trends you are being offered a hatfull of opportunities to trade :)

its a little like cheating but clearly you can get the 3 duck corries on 1 chart by adapting the settings

a 4hr TF on 60ma = (roughly) a 1hr tf on a 240 ma
a 5m TF on a 60ma = roughly a 1hr Tf on a 5ma

so we drop these on the 1hr TF with a 60ma in the middle !

heres belows action .........the amended 3duck corrie on the left and the current currencies all firing on the 5 min TF

The yellow Yen is THE trade right ? its been dominating all morning so you flow to yen sells in key pairs with currencies you want to buy ..if you watch my scalping thread my most popular Yen pairs I scalp are the usd and the euro

look at the EJ this morning .....what a play !

and don't forget the GBP red .......see how its come north again on the 5min ?..........buy it into usd guys .its delivered way over 100 pips at times today

great sport at moment - thanks brexit :)

N

Attachments

• 3 duck corrie latest action.JPG
    3 duck corrie latest action.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 126
big difference between scalping and the 3 duck corrie of course guys .......and a current trade I have on explains that

the GBP is really set up to be a buy on the 3 duck corrie ...

why ? .......because on the higher TF / Settings the GBP is a mega mega Bull .........so on a more relaxed style of trading like the 3 duck corrie I would really be sitting back and buying it when offered on the 5min TF against the euro , or USD if they were aligned

meanwhile on my faster and more customised scalp chart ?

I trade it both ways !!!!

scalp wise I have been happy to sell that GU post 2pm from below the 4875's R levels ........down at 91/94 now and still a sell ..........

I don't care what the 3 duck corrie says .......sure its nice for them to be aligned but I still don't give 2 figs

I have a different and more advanced system for scalping ...........horses for courses guys

N :)

just corresponding with Forexmosperian who many will remember here at T2win...........just emailed him my pip haul so far .........

I have hit my best daily pip haul in over 6 months now looking back

i'm sure he will be beating me but we will see ...im sure MajorMagnum (MM) is beating me ...but then again he is the best trader I have met for many years now

N

the market today is like a damn demo ...........you are being given loads of time and space to trade and the moves are big

ive just had 10 pips off ea in 2-3 mins ........ungheard of really

and GU is like trading in slow motion ........its offering 10-15 pips moves in its sleep

like putting on a green with the hole the size of a bucket

N

i'm physically drained ........havnt traded like this for a long time and really need to stop for a break soon .....will stop posting and open up more trading screens now for last 30 mins

back later
cheers N

today has been like the cup final , Wimbledon, the ashes and the Olympics all rolled into one .........

and we hav'nt even got near thinking about the Brexit results yet !!! :)

have a good one - back later .......turning up the pace now for a final push by opening up more screens .......I will rarely get to play with this level of volatility in the market

N

what a day ..signing off now and may get up in the night to trade the results .......will have to see

have a good one
N

good morning everybody

I have been trading since the early hours ............

I have never in my recent years seen so much carnage in the markets and traded with such a heavy heart.........

but I traded and naturally have had a ridiculously successful session selling my beloved GBP through the floor , and in fact selling the Euro as well into the naturally safe havens of the Yen and the USD

the British people have sent a message to Europe and the world regarding our opinion on free trade, immigration and many other things most of them have not thought about in detail .....

I will not bother you with details or charts or anything else as in truth I am already too tired to do it ...........you can see the falls through the night and do the math ........any decent trader has made fortunes off of this by trading what they see .......

so have a good day - I need to take some time out now before the stock markets open ......and then again I will return

cheers
NVP

ok i'm ready to trade again.............I may as well make some money as sit stunned in front of the TV

wife has just asked me to promise I don't trade out of control this morning ....but then again shes fairly ok to spend my overnight gains...... :)

ok lets do this .......game on
N

ok I'm going to comment once here then will be back later ....

i'm too frazzled and tired to post much and I want to open up all my trading screens so will sacrifice my thread/posts laptop to do that

I want to be at least 8-10 pairs available to trade at any time this morning ......this is serious stuff

overnights .......Seriously ?....are you living on the moon ?

London from 6am .....

GBP is fighting back ..up 300 pips already from 6am .....buy but suspect the FTSE open will kill the rally

Yen off 200 pips , usd off 60 pips

REMEMBER this is CARRY TRADE territory .every skit........every news item....... every little bit of news will hit those guys .....just like most historic market crashes the USD and the Yen are king

trade them head to head with the Euro .............Euro and GBP are the bad guys at moment ................sure you can play the EG but its peanuts guys .......

Yen & USD vs GBP & EUR pairs

capishe ??

right ..............game on .........go gettum .........and remember this day as you get a handful in a trading lifetime like this

N

GBP as a currency has actually made back 35% of its losses since Asian opens.......that's better than I thought ........it dropped about 1200 pips overall as a currency and I was lucky enough to get most of those mainly on GU

N

ok shutting down the posts for a while and turning up the turboboost on my screens into early London/European stock market

back later ...ive made a good haul already since starting again .....but doubt if I can get near my Asian performance ...............unless ftse opens are more volatile than I think

N

just before I go and to put things in perspective ............as people know I use volatility meters for the G8 to help gauge when to trade ........part of my bespoke Scalping systems

I am more than happy to be trading off of minimum +20 to +30's most days .........below that I cant be bothered much as I need momentum in the market

I recorded a G8 Vix value of over 800 at one point in the evening ...........that's what the market was doing !!!! :)

N

ok the gbp is bleeding heavily again towards Ftse opens .........expect it to get re-hammered for a while until Ftse and markets find their S/R levels again

buckle up

N

ok the gbp is bleeding heavily again towards Ftse opens .........GU is 100 pips off of recent highs already

expect it to get re-hammered for a while until Ftse and markets find their S/R levels again

buckle up

N

gu just dropped over 150 pips in 5 minutes ...been waiting for that for a while

just called a 50 pip live trade on my scalp thread ..... .back later

N

50% bounce now on GBP from Asian falls ............ok that's it

will be trading us session after some rest

N

hey all .....trading the us session now .......

from 1pm ......

usd and Yen are bear ........Cad and NZD the buys

GBP is ranging ........more bull than bear .....

pairs trading

well has to be GU right ! ........i'm bull on that guys if it can hold 3686
Ucad sells
EA sells
au buys

N