Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hey guys

in response to some recent requests heres a pretty simple system based loosely on Captain currencies 3 ducks

have a good day
N

jut a follow up here ...for anyone trading this system we have USD and CHF as sells at moment with various currencies offering up buys signals through the morning ........nothing firm being offered as a buy

N

heres the 3 duck corrie signals for ucad today so far ...........usd is the sell so we hunt anything worth buying on the 5min TF (above the zero)...cad offering buys

look at the superb tight stop loss offered on most recent signals

and take a look at GU today on these setups if you get time ......some GREAT pips

N

Attachments

• 3 duck corrie ucad trades today.JPG
    3 duck corrie ucad trades today.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
3 ducks corrie says sell usd this morning

how are you doing ?.........buying currencies above the zero ?

N

Attachments

• 3 duck sell usd.JPG
    3 duck sell usd.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 110
heres the eu on the 3 duck corrie today ....

remember the usd is one of the only signals in the 3 duck Corrie box at moment so sell usd in best signalling pairs

EU is mixed bag .........see the signals when euro goes above the zero ?

now again I am happy to share this free system but remember my scalping is not based on this system
it is much more customised for me and faster ....this is 5 minute signals requiring more stops and a different strategy entirely

however you can see from this why generally I would be happy to keep supporting EU rebuys even from down to the 1.1250 levels ...............right ?

N

Attachments

• 3 duck corrie  eu trades today.JPG
    3 duck corrie eu trades today.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
dude you are like a sniper (lol)

100% great analogy BP..............scalpers are snipers......wait patiently for the shot and take it .........

funnily enough I was part of the stunt team supporting that tom berrenger film in the 90's in Australia .......but that's another story another time :)

N

eu winner on 3 duck corrie.....only 9-10 pips max stop needed as well

bonus :)
N

Attachments

• 20 pips eu buys.JPG
    20 pips eu buys.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 141
awe man the yen is a peach sell............EJ rolling

uj not bad but as we know we like USD as a sell as well currently

us session has been a good one .........

on the 3 ducks the usd has been a sell most of the time as a LEAD sell (already discussed)

heres how it fared on the EU today ..........extended from earlier

REMEMBER you can buy any of the G7 currencies going positive (>0) against the selling usd if you want ..........that's your prerogative - I'm just using Euro here as an example ........

remember this is a fairly simple and straightforward system , borrowed from Captain currencies excellent 3 duck method and adapted for the use in a Strengthmeter environment

ive extended the earlier chart to see how things went on ..........

since London morning session you can see that usd actually went north so came out of its 3 ducks signal .........but has returned

I am still happy to keep buying this pair as long as Blue euro gets up abobe the zero ........

you can add some more frills to the system if you need to but the 3 duck Corrie does the business if you want something to use as a format and find THE main currency to follow in all pairs being traded

N

Attachments

• 3 duck lead sell is the usd.JPG
    3 duck lead sell is the usd.JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 158
morning all..brexit day

see my scalping thread for early action ...gonna be a long day and longer night as I intend to be trading as much as possible next 48 hours

opportunies like this don't come along that often to make serious serious money in the markets :)

today will be volatile guys .........not exactly a surprise right ?

my focus is the GBP and also the Euro ...and I will play that pair more than usual today...I think whatever the outcomes today the G8 views this as a bad day for Europe full stop
with usd still weak my guess is the yen will have a good day today overall as will the aussies

so far ?
im scalp selling GBP all the way since 6am .........especially from 4790's
buying EJ and UJ as well ............playing the yen strength
I am betting the EA will get real weak as well at times so sell when offered

game on
N

its gonna be a long day and longer night as I intend to be trading as much as possible next 48 hours

opportunies like this don't come along that often to make serious serious money in the markets

its like the cup final , world cup and Olympics all in one day

N

bull yen and Bear GBP in charge of the G8 on lower TF's at moment

you would be crazy to go against this bias in your pairs .........usd is still a solid sell as well......................the ole 3 duck corrie still calling the USD as the alpha sell

N

EG pair will be fascinating today ..I expect serious volatility

so who is winning the battle of Britain so far ?

well the GBP has been winning the last few days - see below
but so far the euro is winning the day today easily ......

that's my free indexes on those charts guys the Euro index and the GBP index against the g8
you can see that today they are BOTH falling as the G8 looks at this whole EU debate as a lose lose for the 2 currencies

fascinating battle .....and fascinating couple of days in prospect:smart:

N

Attachments

• battle of britain.JPG
    battle of britain.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 174
the euro is under a lot of pressure at moment .....Brexit and other things on its mind

its nearly even a sell signal on the 3 duck corrie alongside the USD ..so bear that in mind when ever deciding to buy it today

N

ok - ive had a great mornings session and will be back regularly with always half an eye on the market

cheers
N

aussie D just gone 3 duck bull today gang

euro and USD are the 3d sells at moment

this is the 4hour 60 TF showing the situation ........that's a sell EA signal on the 5min TF's when offered

N

Attachments

• aussie D goes 3 duck bull.JPG
    aussie D goes 3 duck bull.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 125
ea coming south as well

must confess the 3 duck signal was flashing to me by then so was more confident hitting this sell when best prices arose ........

1.5070 would have been elite category for getting in ........anything inside 20 pips sputh from tat to 5050's was still respect from me

1.5000 at moment ..........nice nice pips so far and just warming up if you believe the 3 duck corrie system :)

N

like shooting fish in a barrel today ............dontcha love brexit ?

N

the 3 duck Corrie system currently has :-

BUYS - GBP , (AUD is not >0 in 5min)
SELLS - YEN , USD(forever !)

that's where the action is by choosing these guys either together or in a preferred pair ....

GU clearly is a Star buy again now :)

ding ding London morning over .......jees what a day

Yen got clobbered !!!!
over 200 pip selloff on yen .......
EJ to + 220 pips since early London , UJ to +100
GU buys cleared the 100 pip mark
ucad sells to -100 pips

if you cant scalp positive pips in this environment (500+ net pip moves on just the pairs above) in about 4-5 hours then please do not pass go and do not collect £200

N :)