Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

nope..........tooooooooooo agressive .............lost my deposit there.....

did i get that CAD bull spike ?

do not bloody go there .....i was 50 /50 deciding to resell Ucad around 3307 ......

URRRRRRRRR

N

ok after the CAD spike move i had to recalibrate a lot of the systems ....for the NY session

us session has seen selling on CAD , GBP and Euro ......buy everything else ...swissie and Yen are best movers so far

ive been selling EJ from 124.40s to 124.20s at times
ive been selling Cable from 2950s to 2930s at times
UCAD hasnt really gone king kong bull enough to justify me playing (the spike moved it out of kilter)

overall today ive done just fine ......but had to work for my money a little harder than usual !

N

heres a response from my Forex Factory Thread......

T2win is my spiritual Home and where i started reaching out and sharing my ideas way back in early 2000's .......but I still like FF ...its obviously more Forex Focused which is my area of expertise...and has some amazing programmers and Traders i have been lucky enough to work with over the years ......and it also has a pretty good Forex Calendar Diary........

Hi D

I hope you are well and profitable !

for day trading I do primarily use the 1 min TF ....but I also use other variations dependent on the speed and dynamics of the market and the specific pair being traded

I can easily step right back to the 5 min if needed or perhaps a hybrid like the 2 or even 3 min TF to shift the gears around

im also a big fan of Range bars and also Renko based charts ...(not heiken Ashi - the real deal stuff).....I worked for about 6 months with some really really good renko traders back in 2018 developing some pretty effective systems for Forex and the Dax ....so i can switch to those as needed

it really depends what the market is doing.............

you have to be able to recognize and adapt quickly to market conditions ......thats why 95% + of forex traders fail as they sit there blindly watching for limited patterns and signals on perhaps just 1 or 2 pairs .........

they are like a blindfolded boxer trying to beat an opponent with full vision....they are never going to win

Neil
NVP

Last edited:
Big week this week on the Forex G8...some nice moves

aside from my daily dabblings in trading the london opens (as posted here daily)...I do trade on higher TFs trying to catch the mood/trends of the week ..........

This week it was all about the Greenback USD going a solid solid Bull all week.......

as Equity markets softened this week people ran to the old school Yen , USD and Swissie for cover ....

RISK ON

good to see we can still get the decent tribal patterns that I used to "cream" on a daily basis a few years back ....

anyway it was easy meat if you were taking positions through the week buying this trio into weaker currencies ....CAD and GBP were particularly hit at times....

Even thursday and Friday there was still more trades and money there .........something i get nervous on with the weekend approaching and traders looking to close out or lock winning positions taken earlier in week

thats interesting ....so we saw no ease up on the RISK ON accelerator even into the weekend ?

beware next weeks action !

have a good one gang

Neil
NVP

Attachments

• Forex G8 week ending 8th Feb 2019.JPG
    Forex G8 week ending 8th Feb 2019.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 84
hey all

interesting morning .....sorry ive also been on a lot of calls so not much time to post

ok USD continues to rise from last week ...solid gains so far london session

ive been selling european currencies when offered...CAD is big bad bull so not in sell frame so far

ive been selling Cable from 2930s around 7.30 am to 2910s ....then ....managed 2 cycles as Cable pulled back to 2930s twice around 9.10 am and 11.20 am .....both times selling off to 2890 s where a big bad support level is showing up

swissie is weak as well.....but as another Risk on/off currency sometimes USDCHF can be a funny pair to try to follow

N

hi guys ...i do trade higher TFs .......

ive got a real fat sell signal looming on GBPCHF ...resell around the 2933 area .....it may slip a little more if the high pushes higher .....but its really showing a big fat sell on my dashboards ..i'll probably put an order in to save me watching ...

ive got a real fat sell signal looming on GBPCHF ...resell around the 2933 area .....it may slip a little more if the high pushes higher .....but its really showing a big fat sell on my dashboards ..i'll probably put an order in to save me watching ...

triggered earlier .....i would personally put a stop above that recent 2970 high....target 1 down to next support level the 2914-20s ?

N

in the last hour or so ive tried to thump cable resells when offered .....

2880s sold down to 2860s.......last resell was at around 2877 (stop around 2884) about 10 mins ago ...down to 2873 so far

2921 .....but you cant faff with these like scalps .........i'll let it run out to T1

2921 .....but you cant faff with these like scalps .........i'll let it run out to T1

low 2914 was hit gang .....that was my suggested T1 off this trade starting around 2933 ...by all means come to B/e on this and try to let it run

not much off a wider spread (why i wouldnt scalp this) ...but the signal was a real real peach

N

NZDUSD quiet active ......this pair heavily sell orientated on Highr TFs ...happy tokeep reselling it at moment

last nice sell around 6740 to low 6731/2

im calling some decent resells of euro into Euro pairs guys .....check around

EURCAD begging to resell around 5013 / 14 levels

already 5010.......add the stop around 5020 earlier and worth a punt .....but again i tryto work with ultra low spread pairs if i can like usd based ones ......swings and roundabouts as EURCAD will be less manipulated by big banks

i could have taken some 6-7 trades across different pairs in last 30 mins .....nice market