Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

relatively quiet so far into early US session......

GBP under bear pressure
Yen and USD pulling Bull
Cad holds deep bear since london morning session

I like buying yen and usd ....just playing through what to sell .....

morning gang ........may be in and out of forums today as a few issues re the house renovation and contractors etc etc .....

(just dont go there...urrrrrr..:LOL:)

anyway meanwhile back at the ranch ...lets try to earn some dosh to pay for all the work being done....

still early doors and messy messy messy .............usd and yen playing out short so far .......but europeans spiking bear as well currently ..........I dont really want to go to the Aussie twins for buys and cad rangy

back later ..............
N

if you are trading this morning it was pretty obvious earlier that GBP and also Euro came continued bear and that ,mainly USD broke bull.........

im scalping Cable and EU south for last hour or so .....nothing great ...a few scalps ......

i needed EU south of the 1360s for comfort and its been to 1340s so far
i needed cable south of the 2920s for comfort and its been to 28980s so far

remember I cannot run many of these trades ...........you cannot be a scalper and a swing trader at the same time.....it is bloody hard to trail off of such small stops and targets ........possible on slower pairs but very hard on say GBP pairs .....I do it but its hard

and inexperienced trades must learn to walk before they run .....thats not arrogance or ego from me ....thats just the way it is gang....experience and thousands and thousands of hours of screen time

later
N

if you are trading this morning it was pretty obvious earlier that GBP and also Euro came continued bear and that ,mainly USD broke bull.........

im scalping Cable and EU south for last hour or so .....nothing great ...a few scalps ......

i needed EU south of the 1360s for comfort and its been to 1340s so far
i needed cable south of the 2920s for comfort and its been to 2880s so far

later
N

ok Cable got to 2850s before bouncing north , EU dropped to around the 1320s

plenty of room for a few scalps .....

ok i promised to show where i was scalping on my charts .........heres cable based on the recent few hours

Sorry i have removed my indicators and signals ...........this is a 1 min TF chart ......

many scrubbed pretty tight or lost money ......as i was only going initially for 4-5 pips max .......but i did ok ...and the last real few sell signals before GBP went north was excellent with 1 of them running some 30+ pips...............those are the bonus balls you need to make it a good days results.....they dont always happen .....or if they do yuo have missed them !!!!

to be honest the conditions were not perfect today .......and arguably i did far too much trading there in a range ...so i was sloppy and on hindsight should have avoided 2-3 of those.......but hey ...thats trading

no complaints....
N

Attachments

• cable scalping.JPG
    cable scalping.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 246
regarding the cable recovery north .....when did I start BUYING Cable ?

im always mindful of the relative index strengths of USD and GBP for the london morning session.... but equally its interesting to see when the price hits the early london opening levels .......in truth i started hitting cable around the low 2920s ....its up to 2980s now so a cracking retrace !

N

hey all

ok choppy morning on G8....real messy ......

GBP was shaping for sells but its cut back north .......AUD is pretty active so that tells me that Europe is too dead at moment to trade

Yes you heard right ...i havnt taken 1 scalp as yet .....see ...me ....patience ......It does happen !!!

back later

N

jees its hard today ............I took a tentative scalp on Cable at 2951 down to 2944 now ....but its so damn choppy

low of 2932/33 on that last scalp so ok .......looking to resell cable again in 2943/42 area if it comes soon

GBPCAD is the real deal resell but to much spread on scalps

scrappy day so far ...jees im only 2-3 scalps up .....sloooowwwwwwwwww

low of 2932/33 on that last scalp so ok .......looking to resell cable again in 2943/42 area if it comes soon

nvp you are like a coiled spring-imho GU just had another south signal couple of mins ago

hey BP ....man o man its a tough day so far.....im doing ok but ive had to sit on my hands a real lot .....GBP bear action is hapening ....but no real explosions yet

N

this pair sold own from 7235/6 to 7210 so far from last post ....i just dont like the costs of trading that pairs spread .....not for scalping .........different story on higher timeframes ...i trade all 28 pairs there.........

sloooooow today

just took gu sell off around 2933 ..........fast fast break

lot of action on Euro pair pullbacks ready to resell into the Euro Bear.....just a heads up