Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

cable down to 3070 at times ........GBP is flattening ...not sure how much else is in the tank now london....

usd and yen have played out real bear over last few hours ......steady buys on most currencies into the dynamic duo .....GBP was a late bull starter but has done really well coming from 3060s to 3170s so far ...100 pip move

sorry - had some problems online today

i posted this a long long time back and it froze .......didnt realise !!!

hey all

ok nice start to week .....

GBP is bear at moment ......been selling cable from 3180s to 3160s so far

no other pairs really showing yet

ive been selling cable at times ......and buying ucad at times

main 2 pairs today

N

morning all ...

selling GBP and CAD initially early london ....into USD

all change now .......

morning ...

ok not too bad today so far

European currencies are bear ......

mainly scalping cable sells from 3080s to 3060s so far .......

sorry been tied up......generally europeans have stayed bear as i was trading earlier

cads had a good bear run today so worth buying at times

Hi Nvp. New here and I find your thread interesting. Will try to learn more, would I need to bakread from page 1 or will it suffice to read links from your signature? Thanks.

Hi Nvp. New here and I find your thread interesting. Will try to learn more, would I need to bakread from page 1 or will it suffice to read links from your signature? Thanks.

hi there !

Sure ----- use links from Signature area is a good start Maaku and look at my profile here for more links and email address for PMs

N

Last edited:
morning all

ok good action so far .....GBP got bull earlier .....weve also seen a drop on the Euro at times

im using yen and usd to trade against these guys

mainly buying cable from 3130s to 3150s so far

N

hey all

Is it ok to use indicators built for other non Forex markets ?

Also - Is it OK to use indicators developed before the Forex retail platforms materialised ?

Forex Trading for the retail market really did not develop until late 1990's ......but so many of the top 20 indicators that 95% of all Forex Traders use were developed long before this ...

so why not just focus on indicators developed specifically for the Forex market and launched post 90's ?

(like the FXCorrelator)

this is just a little hint / pointer gang .....I suspect you are all using indicators that fail these filters ......like RSI for example , Bollinger bands...... the list goes on and on

sorry !!

N

hi gang ...sorry re delay ...been tied up with some other traders coaching and trading....

initially this morning i was selling yen and usd into mainly the europeans

it was pretty tight though ...real real messy

eventually GBP dropped through the floor and ive been selling Cable ever since

nothing wrong with steady buying on EU and EJ though ...but G8 correlation is a little screwed today so far

N

ok GBP index fell to around -70 pips earlier and bounced the index Support line some 2 to 3 times ...........its reveresed back around 50% now so hopefully we may see some reselling soon

Euro and more recently Cad have been the days buys ....

USd and Yen are net bears today ......but relatively quiet ....

cable sold down to 3040s after hitting 3110s in early london session so i sold it down all the way

Cable has only just proved itself to me aas a bull from around 3070 level......its a buy but I am really really looking for some aggressive reselling in truth before we close the week

THE WEEK
overall its been a real bad week for GBP index ...its some 260 pips south of asian opens on sunday night
NZD been the best bull performer.......usd and yen very very neutral for week

N

hey guys

sloow start on london Forex session.....mondays are tricky as the weekend is still unravelling and only 1 asian session in place so far .......

anyway ive sat on my hands so far ...(unlike me ?)

yen is the alpha bear .....gbp finally emerging as the alpha bull ..........

re cable ...assume ists going bull........rebuy as long as it stays above 3070s ....

EJ buys are worth a look ..........best buy was earlier around 5.40am at 125.50s .......too early for me

anyway stay in 125.60s now for rebuys

N

excelent rebuy on EJ literally as i was posting ........125.64/5 to 125.70 so far

N,,

hey all .....sorry ...been doing some training ....

ok since last post above

GBP fell back and sold off hard
USD held Bull
Yen continued its selloff (alpha Bear still)
Euro emerged as Alpha Bull

I traded based on these signals as they emerged and if you read earlier posts that meant i have stayed on the EJ buys from early london...no deviation

so been scalping it up from 126.60s to 125.80s so far

cable was a little more tricky having hit it hard bull earlier up to 3090s .....I started hunting sells in the 3070s although even that was perhaps a little ambitious (i got it though)..............cable sold off to 3040s so far

no complaints on mornings trading ...I did pretty OK

N

apologies for my relatively brief responses on so many recent Threads / subjects here at Trade 2 win

this is not intended to be clever or sarcastic or any other interpretations that members choose to read into the posts

it is simply i am always short of time and try to crystallise issues into 1 or 2 bullet points that i feel will be useful to the members involved ...sometimes this is not enough i realise ....apologies

I mainly respond over the weekends and always try to allocate time to Trade 2 win as it was the first main forum where i introduced my Forex Strengthmeter work back in early 2000's and the owners and members have always been kind to me ...something i try to do myself for members here ........I am active on a few other forums these days plus have Youtube , Twitter and my own website and membership to manage alongside pretty much full time trading and training in the week .....

If members feel that I have not explained my thoughts enough feel free to PM me and go to my profile for more details of how to contact me

Thanks again everyone .........
Neil
NVP

I just noticed the Best threads links across each of the sections in T2win

heres the link for the Forex Stuff .................

https://www.trade2win.com/threads/best-threads-in-the-forex-forum.80714/

Phil (Newton)
Andy (3 ducks)

jees some of those names take me back to the good old days...check them out ...all threads stood the test of time so some decent ideas in all of them ...........and some legendary T2win Traders all contributed on many

N