Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

last scalp was reselling EU from 1448 to 1440 .......will try to let it run if possible

EJ and GU both also good bear scalps since Dow opens

eu now down at 1430s and still trailing stops letting it run from 1448

no drama so far .....europe remains weak so far into us session

have a cable sell running as well ....jesus what a nice start to us session

had a good london also earlier ..no complaints

as questioned on another forum ...my MAX stop on my trading is 5 pips ...many times i get in for less

this allows some good % returns on capital most days .....like today

for the dow session so far i have been hitting GBP and Euro against the USD bull

i have 25 pips locked in on the EU so far and about 23 on cable ...i bloody missed an EJ sell earlier

so at say 1% per trade at 5 pips stop needed thats roughly 10% return there if it holds

some days better than others ...........but scalping is bloody hard but the most rewarding approach to trading if you stick at it

N

Last edited:
ps if anyone is running those pairs i have stops currencly at

1420 for EU and 2634 for GU

done enough today ..cheers

so will stop before my confidence overflows into losses

morning all ....

ok its not too bad so far .........USD selling through London seesion so far ........

ive been buying EU , GU and EJ at times going with the flow ........

EJ 127.50s to 127.60s so far

GU 2660s to 2680s so far

EU 1450s to 1470s so far

its only 8.15am so to have 3-4 decent scalps in bag already bodes ok for day ......all single digit wins but hopefully the double digits will follow if the correlation paterns hold this morning

N

market a little screwy at moment .i have just 1 trade still going a EU from 1465 trying to get it flying still......(like Gatwick)

if you trade correlation and strengthmeters you will know that yen is screwing the market this morning ......its bull alongside the europeans ......

big push for usd and yen to get bull domination at moment...im not convinced and especially looking to rebuy GU ...and perhaps EU soon

ok took that and now at 2689..........im not convinved this will run but was as good as anything i look for ........EU slow to turn so not in yet on that

back later ............no complaints as its hard to pick a retrace reversal off initial london moves.........i missed selling EJ around 127.40 and now 127.17 but thats life

i didnt take GJ earlier but resold GU at 2686 down to 2678 now .........

its easier if market retains intial london direction (obviously)

later
N

shame i missed the other pairs but GU from 2686 to 2661 now .........i only got 1 of the 4 trades possible

GJ went to 140.68/9 from 141.00

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

only kidding neil ---------- was the better half shouting over your shoulder sell the GU now ---------- nice trade