Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

morning all

ok a little shaky this morning .....eventually euro and gbp got bull so far ....selling usd and yen at times

so far since 8am .....

1) i took a fast sell on EU for a handful then reversed into buying from 1340s ...to 1370s so far

2) cable i tried to sell below 2621 but scrapped out then into buys from above 2624 up to 2660s so far
been some opps to sell below 2655 to 2641 but didnt fancy it much ....will wait for buy ops

3) EJ scrappy ...bought above 127.70s to 127.90s so far

no complaints.....

N

just talking to a few newbies last few days regarding my scalping sessions london then US sessions and how i play......

generally if i can clear 30 pips in 1 session i will be pretty cruisy regarding if i keep pushing it ....like today i'm well up on a couple of nice EU and Cable bull moves ...........

so do i chase the market more ? .............really also depends on the market conditions .....

i will see if the yen and usd resell ...........if not i'll stay out till us opens

must confess i chased Cable down from 2650s earlier and down to 2630s now ....but thats just me being very aggressive today .....pure discretionary call guys ...........comes with experience

main push is europe bull VS Yen USD bear so will see if it comes again london session

N

cable got to 2655 no complaints .........market is all over the place but Euro is real bull........playing EU and EJ last 30 mins

pigs arse of a pattern here at moment .trying to let it breathe........will be out for 5 pips loss soon .........then will call it a morning as well up anyway .............greedy greedy greedy me

N

nope shes turned back into profit ............lets see if i can run it up

just hit 64 so who cares ............thats well over my quota for the day so back later

best trade this afternoon in US session has been selling CAD ..........so Ucad buys been my main focus

N

morning all .............one of my laptops is being repaired so sorry re lack of posts

ok interesting morning so far

USD (and /yen)have both been flat flat flat .....this means usd and Yen pairs are hard to make money out of generally unless the secondary currency is really booming .........

euro and GBP at times have been bullish .....but as stated its twice as hard to make money buying them when the dynamic duo are flat

CAD has been a big seller ..........interesting

ok i see usd and yen trying to come bull so will be selling europeans next ..........

N

morning all

decent morning on the G8 .........been buying mainly euro into yen and usd ......gbp is flattish so far

eu buys from 1390s to 1480s so far ...
ej buys from 127.70s to 128.30s so far ...

awesome moves

ok i continued to scalp EU up till around 11.30 earlier .......so scalped the 90 pip range described earlier ....off around only 5 scalps ...........so i am trying to reduce my trade volumes (something i have been trying to do for years now)

I learned long ago that i technically "overtrade" and it costs me in transaction costs mainly ........but every time i start to reduce the trades to increase my "Quality" my discretionary trading elements (learned over last 10 years) is disrupted as i inject new rules into my process........so generally i just accept the additional trades to get my mojo and flow back

such is life ............fine tuning is necessary to trade but very hard at times !!

N

EU now down to 1450s but cant really justify getting in at moment to sell it .........not going to chase silly entries at moment

hey gang .....i hope anyone trading saw that Eu faded back up to the 1460s so this time i did attack the sells .........been selling down from 1450s to low 1440s so far .........EJ and GU also nice bears at moment

waiting to see how us opens trigger the market at moment