Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hey there ...load up my FXcorrelator as already posted earlier today

heres the 20ma on a 5min chart ....look at the red GBP ???

this is over simple ....but only look to buy cable when the red gbp is above the zero line and the green usd is below ......

3 massive trades today ......nice !

N

ps its not always this simple .....but the indicator starts making things look clearer if you want to see what currencies are doing relative to each other ......the more you look and practice the more you see......ive been doing iot for 20 years now so in truth it does get easier i promise .....if you know what to look for !

thanks sir i will definitely download this and do study on it and share study with you also and than please guide me if i go wrong somewhere....

thanks sir i will definitely download this and do study on it and share study with you also and than please guide me if i go wrong somewhere....

please share any thoughts and questions here M, so many people have questions on correlations and strengthmeters but dont post them ....... and unfortunately so many traders people use them incorrectly and inefficiently in my opinion ...missing out on so so much valuable information

N

hey Gang .....no trading today and most of next week we are moving over next few days

I am still around so feel free to contact me ......pms or emails to [email protected]

the distraction will be a blessing ......this moving stuff bores me rigid !

N

still out of action as lots of builders to sort out and my new trading room is full of junk still.....grrrr

trading on a small laptop with nothing else is no good for me and my scalping ...i need at least 3 screens up and minimum 2 laptops running for the speed of execution

CAD and USD having a grrrreat week so far .......AUD and NZD decent sells alongside a bearish EURO

have a good week
N

morning all.....I have been watching market this morning .....but its slow so far

a little selling on Euro (Especially E/J) has been possible but peanuts

N

hey all....i'm still pretty tied up waiting for my new trading room to be finished

Anyway heres last week on a fixed Start FXCorrelator

Winner :red GBP takes bull title again this week ...great run up from Thursday !
Losers: Bearish Orange AUD and Turquoise NZD got clobbered from Wednesday ....ouch !

the all powerful green USD was pretty bull all week alongside yellow yen ....offered decent pairings with those bear currencies already mentioned .....only Euro offered a few decent sells midweek if you stick to European USD crosses...

Best trade of the week (trade taken at start of Asian session Sunday nights)....

Brown CAD looked like it was easily going to be the alpha Bull this week going into Thursday Asian ...then the sky fell in !.......

so either buying GBPAUD or GBPNZD delivered over 500 pips this week ....and with only a 30ish pip drawdown.......hindsight is a great thing eh ?

have a great weekend .......its back to the building work for me !

N

Attachments

• G8 Forex week ended 5th oct 2018.JPG
    G8 Forex week ended 5th oct 2018.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 169
managing to get some scalping in today .....

great mornings action ..............GBP is going due south all london session so far

easy meat selling cable below 1.3100 to 3050s so far

Yen is a mirror image of GBP but going bull ...........so EJ sells ok in my stable

N

managing a little trading this morning alongside noisy builders !....who seem to have become trading experts over the last few days .....happy to tell me what to do ....hahahahahaha

tricky from 6am this morning ......USD has eventually come bull offering some brief opportunities selling EU in european stable ........really you've had to go to selling the Aussie Crosses to make solid pips so far ...........we need europe to weaken for more USD pair opportunities

pass the hammer........
N

morning all........

another early session before the builders and noise decends on the house !

not to bad .........European currencies all under nice selling pressure......usd is looking more and more bullish now early london and im in on cable and EU............Clear price zones formed with Cable safeish/tradable below 3220's and likewise EU below 1550s.........

hey all

messy morning ......USD not really signaling much and twitchy....

ive been selling EU but getting faked out now.....GBP going stronger now.....but i dont like correlation patterns on various currency triage patterns I look for .....

CAD is strong .....

as for the week so far ....

Good week for the Yen .........been 150+ pips at times but coming off now

Bad week so far for the CAD.....over 200 pips down from asians on sunday.....we may see a rally today i feel so watch that US session later

USd generally bear this week so far from late tuesday ....so solid pips buying Cable and selling U/J from that time ......

play of the week is Selling CADJPY..........bit too exotic for me .....

N

I have struggled to find time this afternoon as tied up with builders....

GBP has sold off alongside Euro ........usd is bullish , but yen is the Buy so far

nice end to the week

N

morning all .........trying to scalp amongst the building work going on .....at least my builders know their cable from their loonie now !

ok easy meat today so far ...........gbp is progressively gaining through session.....most other currencies selling .........

Cable tradeable from 3150s to 3190s so far .........im not chasing any other pairs at moment as no need

although Euro is getting better so buying EU / EJ also interesting

N

hey all

sorry re lack of posts.....ive been helping on the house renovation and also spending some time talking to a few Trader mates I used to mentor ....... been fun and a pleasant distraction from stripping wallpaper !

its been a fairly tight day today in the G8 forex market ..........the 8 currencies hung really tight until us opened ........(so the london morning session was light)

GBP has sold off swinging 50 pips from its London highs....Yen is the alpha Bull now up 60+ pips from London low ......most other currencies are pretty tight rangy .......

for the week i was expecting more action off the GBP .....the brexit rumours are off the charts so i thought it would really make cable a go to pair all week.....and is was monday / tuesday with cable bull going well.....selling off since .....

NZD kiwi dollar is buy of the week ......well done if you bought it ......but beware tomorrow and traders closing trades .......yen , Euro , even USD all been weak at times ......pretty evenly spread

have a good evening gang
N

hey gang .......been trading this week but with limited hardware and screens (building work in new house) so not been posting , also been working with a few traders on some interesting projects as well......but ore of that in the future

not a great day since 6am .....USD has been Bear all day .....but yen aggressively bull.... ive been mainly looking for cable rebuys all day above 2970 (been to 3040 at times) ..........a little EJ selling as well but not that committed ...

N

morning gang ....

ok again sorry re lack of posting .......the house is a builders mess and im working on what laptops i can at moment .......

so far its light activity today .....usd been pretty flat to be honest...so making profits on usd pairs harder

i went bull cable early today ....2890s to 2918 so far ......its come back off but still my main hunt for rebuys ..the rebounce on 2890 price level was text book earlier !

a little EJ buying on cards as well.....but if you knew my correlation preferences for london sessions its not perfect at all today so I am happy with pips made so far ...no complaints

N

tricky morning so far .........

CAD took hits earlier.....and Yen is the lead bull currency..........USD , EURO and GBP pretty flat in truth ..........maybe the draghi speech later today will liven things up .....ZZZZZZZZz

days like this are tricky for traders .....do you start trading out of frustration and probably bleed pips ? .........or just sit it out and wear it ? ....or pack up for the day early ?

i have been working Ucad up from 3120s to 3140s so far and also EJ down from 127.40s to 20s so far .....but as stated it could blow up in my face

my main pairs not performing at moment ...so im using the reserve teams !

N

tough day today ........usd eventually came bear ......but Europeans have been weak all day as well so not much action there on those pairings

USDJPY buys and AUDUSD/NZDUSD Buys been good plays this afternoon....but they are not my regular playmates

N

in case it had'nt escaped anyones notice .....the Dow has lost some 8% of its value in October ....moving smoothly from hero to Zero in 4 brief weeks .......and in the process also selling a mega fake interim bounce to all the believers burying them all firmly..........more fool them .....cheap money is no more ......markets dont go up in straight line any more ....welcome to trading

when i started this thread way over 10 years ago ..........i used to be much more heavily into intermarket analysis ..........john murphy and his followers etc etc .....I also remember talking at length to Ashraf Laidi at a forex conference who was also heavily selling his own intermarket work .....interesting times ......

basically here I used to follow the equity markets and if the Dow fell I was straight into buying yen , Swissie and USD and devil take the hindmost.........

theses days i am more relaxed on the subject ........i dont need to worry about what gold , Equities , bonds or even crude oil is doing .......I just watch the 8 forex currencies and trade where my indicators tell me ...........i dont need the blanket of intermarket correlations .....if they happen they happen ....i make money whatever .......

even so ............heres that Dow falling in October and equivalent G8 action for same period ......look at that Yellow Yen climb.......thats over 300 pips for buying yen alone before you add in the partner/pair currency falls (like Euro falling 90 pips = 400 pip selloff of E/J in Oct so far )

The yen is the most sensitive to global equities i have found over time .......so its a pretty good result for the intermarket crew .......hey more books sold .....(ignore the times it doesnt work)

or you do what i simply do .....buy the currencies rising in a period and sell the ones falling ......too simple ?....depends .....all we have to do is follow what the market is telling us ..............screw the fundamentals .....screw the experts .........just listen to the one person worth following ......the market itself !

who needs the extra complexity and layer of intermarket analysis ?.....well the booksellers do .....thats for sure !

N :)

Attachments

• yen safety plays in october.JPG
    yen safety plays in october.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
hi gang

slooooow this morning so far ..........and G8 correlation not perfect for me to really trade confidently (but what are you gonna do ? ......only 10-15% of the time its perfect scalping for me)

what are those conditions ?...........(sorry i dont kiss and tell everything here)

anyway..........GBP came bull for me ....ive been tentative cable buying from 2720's .got to 50's so far but very twitchy gang ...not for inexperienced traders

usd is pretty neutral for morning after swinging bear then bull ......nothing much else showing for me to really trade .......a little EJ selling happening but i cant be bothered ......

later

N

cable been to 2770s now ...so be patient and keep re-buying it on bounces ...only pair in town to scalp this morning really as already mentioned earlier