Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

been waiting for that GBP bull phase to stall following the dow opens........

finally got back in at around 3126/27 to resell cable

ive been selling europe all day as stated and someone asked me why .........

well because my more bespoke strengthmeters (tuned to my style) were pretty good on showing me to sell them .......a little bit of discretionery decisions in the mix .....but after 20 years im not too bad at seeing where the best opportunities are .....

then i sit on say EJ EU and GU and wait for best signals to sell them

heres Cable ...........on a 5min from 6am GMT............and ive signalled up the sell phases

its not rocket science is it ...........all of the thousands of indicators and patterns and other magical systems we use will recognise when a price is falling (including my systems)

around 5 phases ..........i havnt called them all here today as ive been busy as well

and thats it .........no magic beans ....no astrological signs....just common sense approach to finding the best trending currencies and then going for the direction on decent signals

simple ?.......maybe

effectice .....yes

profitable .........yes over time and as long as you have the other 95% of the traders skills required working well ...........its not just about guessing directions and entry prices .....

today has not actually been that good a day .........the G8 correlatoin patterns are pretty average ....but i still did just fine ..........there will be much better days ...and if the days are worse i will hopefully only trade minimally and not give a way much ....

the secret is having a tight defence and minimising losses on the bad days and absolutely creaming it on the good days !!!!

N

Attachments

• selling cable.JPG
    selling cable.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 93
morning all

easy easy action this morning so far ...........

GBP is BEAR ......thats it

i was more than comfortable selling from 3030 levels to 3000 so far

nothing else in town for me scalping so far .....Cad and or Euro may be worth selling at some point

heres 1 min Cable with a 20 ma default FXCorrelator below it ....this is available for free in links below ..........im signalling up the red GBP sell signals as it falls below the zero line

N

Attachments

• 9th nov 2018 fxcorrelator.JPG
    9th nov 2018 fxcorrelator.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 86
so.....as mentioned lots of times already today

GBP IS BEAR .............

stay focused and stay alert ..........ive been selling Cable down from 6am this morning .....all in posts above ....no Bullsh*t here gang ......100% authentic Forex Trading since early 2000's

have a good weekend .....a little windy down here in the south of england .....we are at our lodge in Dorset this weekend escaping the house renovations ...and jees its pretty stormy !!!

N

Attachments

• sell cable 9th Nov.JPG
    sell cable 9th Nov.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 81
I spend a lot of time corresponding and talking to inexperienced traders ....Its part of what I do and i find it very very rewarding ....I learn and (hopefully) they learn through talking about what they are doing and sharing insights....

Its all about honesty and I do have to give a lot of home truths to traders who are in reality moving in directions that (in my humble opinion) are not going to get them to planet profitability

however I also get a chance to talk to many traders who are very much on that profit path....many dont even realise it .....so i offer what advice I can and get them to realise its all about sample size and allowing their strategies to BREATHE !

so if you think you are on the right path (but the bottom line is not yet showing it)....be patient ......it could simply be sample size not yet revealing your eureka strategy

HINT - less than 100 trades of sample is not going to tell you much guys .....FACT

I'm always happy to have a chat by PM or via my email address available in my profile area

N

hey all .....

ok after a slooow start the London Forex market was excellent....a clear pattern emerged that i love to trade

Cable was my main focus again .......happy to sell down from 2980s to 2890s so far .......first selloff was some 80 pip drop !

ok big retrace since then ...but i am trying to rework cable resells now again from 2970s to 2950s so far

N

wow what a us open session so far on cable !!!

after taking some easy scalps up from 2960s to 3000s and then another run from 2980s to 3020 cable has fell off a cliff ...........80 pip fall !

i got in from 2970s when it was clear any Support zones were failing.down to 2920s so far

what a ride .............keep talking cabinet ...the longer you talk the worse cable will fall....

N

hey all .....ok interesting week !!

May has cajoled the cabinet into supporting her plan......good luck with that ....first ministers now resigning.....how many to come

knives are being sharpened in the commons .........bring on the vote

based on these events i cannot believe GBP is still net bull this week (See below)

this is the week so far .....Red GBP still net bull above the zero

lets see what the next few days bring .......given the UK are now virtually guaranteed to go to either a Remain / No Brexit deal the message that GBP is holding up is interesting .....

either way i am hooked on Cable next few days .....

N

Attachments

• GBP holds.JPG
    GBP holds.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 78
meanwhile back on the ranch and scalping London markets....

GBP may be holding the week but its being killed this london session !

ive been working Cable down from the 3020s to 2960s so far ......ready to resell again soon

N

interesting area now in 2980s ..........ive had buy opportunites to make a few pips but really am waiting for resells still

whilst we wrestle with cables antics ...im happy to be buying EU at moment ...and EJ ...

EU been ok up from 1340s to 1350s more recently ....bigger price moves up already earlier than that from 1330s

interesting area now in 2980s ..........ive had buy opportunites to make a few pips but really am waiting for resells still

too easy ...a nice signal at around 2981/82 gets me a fast scalp down to 2972/3 so far

N

ok ive promised to talk to a few traders this morning so will be back later .....

i cancelled the chat with the guys as Cable fell off a cliff.........

cable has now swung over 200 pips bear since london opens ....best session ive had for a while

god bless brexit

N