Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

ok back later ...........tidying up my scalps today ...........nice session for an hour or so

since Asian opening weve only really seen 20 pips on bulls and bears currencies ...so huge postential London for some BIG moves............asaan usually swings 30-40 pips - especially if the Aussies are moving

so its gonna be good London .......grrrrrrr shame I cant stick around

N

thanks for replay sir :smart:
I testing your indicator but is very hard to find a great setup trade right ? I trade on M5 timeframe

Hey CI

so are we talking indicator or Indexes ?

if you mean the FXCorrelator original then I would recommend you look for bounces back into divergence on say a default 20ma 0n 5min setting

...........buy the bouncers north and sell the bouncers south - like here

now I would be lying if I said I use this as my lead strategy as I don't these days ..............I use the fixed indexes as they give me real prices signals off of S/R ................the Basic FXCorrelator will only show you momentum plays

howerver theses nothing wrong with that in right situation :smart:

N

Attachments

• divergence.JPG
    divergence.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 120
hey gang .heading out .........not sure what USD is doing next but i'm done ........nice sell usd session on early London ...... session

Attachments

• what next.JPG
    what next.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 122
  • trades.JPG
    trades.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 136
hey gang .heading out .........not sure what USD is doing next but i'm done ........nice sell usd session on early London ...... session

usd been a little tricky since my last scalping.............but still generally bear for me London

N

Attachments

• ud ranging.JPG
    ud ranging.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 105
usd been a little tricky since my last scalping.............but still generally bear for me London

N

yep ...............you can see that the greenback is getting resold at that Asian resistance level ............healthy moves down each time (y)...........some Ucad buys .......AU sells pretty good recently

BUT .........its hiding the REAL action on the G8 ....where GU SELLS are doing well

GBP is having a real real DOG ........(not shown)

GBP index is nearly 90 pips down on the day .....:eek:......and that's before looking at what the pairs are doing .........AUD, yen and cAD are best buys for the day so far .... so therefore the best pip hauls in selling GBP

N

Attachments

• asian resistance holds.JPG
    asian resistance holds.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
yep ...............you can see that the greenback is getting resold at that Asian resistance level ............healthy moves down each time (y)...........some Ucad buys .......AU sells pretty good recently

BUT .........its hiding the REAL action on the G8 ....where GU SELLS are doing well

GBP index is nearly 90 pips down on the day .....:eek:......and that's before looking at what the pairs are doing .........AUD, yen and cAD are best buys for the day so far .... so therefore the best pip hauls in selling GBP

N

heres the RED GBP index getting mullered in last 3-4 days

GU shown as example of the effect

OUCH !!!:whistle:rolleyes:

N

Attachments

• dog dog GBP.JPG
    dog dog GBP.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 129

N

usd still selling nicely ...in fact i've had a little action in last hour or so after finishing work

GBP is still the mega dog ...........but ive been selling usd into anything worth buying

that usd resistance level from Asian session has been priceless (y)

N

Attachments

• usd sells.JPG
    usd sells.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 100
  • usd pair trades.JPG
    usd pair trades.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 103
good morning everyone

you have heard me talk at length about how I now use the usd index to monitor and time my USD pair scalping entries.........exits

on Forexperians thread as well I comment a lot about what the usd index is doing ........highs , lows , turning points etc etc ............I find it really helps my trading when I can call at least one of the partners in a usd pair trade !

the standard FXCorrelator indicator has been available here for free since 2009 .......its a solid little strengthmeter and you can watch the dynamics/performance of all 8 currencies (including USD) on any timeframe and any MA setting you desire......its the heart of most things I do in truth

however isolating the usd index in more real time (no MA skew) is I must admit very useful so I now offer it here for free so you can understand what the hell I am talking about sometimes !

this is not a unique or novel indicator.....theres plenty of USD indexes out there if you look..........you can latch it underneath usd pair charts to assist signals as well as also using it in isolation ....

anyway here it is ............the lighter Green lines are Hi / Lows of each bar to assist real price analysis and I'll alo drop it in the links area

cheers
NVP

Trying to load your USD index indicator . MT4 show blank screen. Compiling the indicator gives the following warning error

Improper enumerator cannot be used.

Solved the warning error by changing the MODE_CLOSE in the IMA line to MODE_SMA.

But the USD green line appears almost straight.

Not satisfied with the result, I read the thread further...more posts...

After searching, browsing and reading this thread, post #16490 solve the problem of displaying the indicator. Load the U.mq4 which is the USD line first.

Just one question... the warning error I get....can it be ignored? The warning error occurs due to there is no MODE_CLOSE in the iMA format mode ennumerator.

Last edited:
morning all

USD is bear ............im scalp selling this morning

Attachments

• usd bear bear bear.JPG
    usd bear bear bear.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 121
usd has some serious support ahead on the selloff this week

Attachments

• bigger picture.JPG
    bigger picture.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 161
heres the eternal quandary we have to handle as traders

EU ............Nice run up and pips in the bank .........but close out or let it run

N

Attachments

• eu closes..JPG
    eu closes..JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 110
ok gotta scoot for some conference calls.........

the Euro has had a blinding London....25-30 pips added on most pairs from it
CAD and GBP the dogs .....up to 20 pips down London

USD a steady sell but not in the class of those guys

back later

N

Attachments

• london sell.JPG
    london sell.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 128
wow I see that USD London tested the Asian (weeks) low and then bounced some 40+ pips north !!

superb trading ...wish i'd been at the table

EURO was the Sell.............it had a terrible London session

GBP has had a generally good reaction to the budget so far

N

Attachments

• usd bounces north.JPG
    usd bounces north.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 101
  • eu sells.JPG
    eu sells.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 106
Trying to load your USD index indicator . MT4 show blank screen. Compiling the indicator gives the following warning error

Improper enumerator cannot be used.

Solved the warning error by changing the MODE_CLOSE in the IMA line to MODE_SMA.

But the USD green line appears almost straight.

Not satisfied with the result, I read the thread further...more posts...

After searching, browsing and reading this thread, post #16490 solve the problem of displaying the indicator. Load the U.mq4 which is the USD line first.

Just one question... the warning error I get....can it be ignored? The warning error occurs due to there is no MODE_CLOSE in the iMA format mode ennumerator.

Hi There

I have never seen that message before and the indicators have been downloaded now from T2win a few thousand times .......??? :confused:

I will look at the U.mt4 indicator ............did any of the other indexes show this error ?

did you load the FXCorrelator ok ?

Thanks
N

morning all

a little frustrating today ...............I was hoping to hammer some more resells on the greenback from London openings ..........

its currently still drifting up towards the Asian low ................I will be reselling as soon as I get the chance ......so buckle up

Attachments

• usd action.JPG
    usd action.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 114
not bad as I leave

cheers
N

Attachments

• recent trades.JPG
    recent trades.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 112
thanksgiving so frankly not worth it .................talk soon all

N

Hi There

I have never seen that message before and the indicators have been downloaded now from T2win a few thousand times .......??? :confused:

I will look at the U.mt4 indicator ............did any of the other indexes show this error ?

did you load the FXCorrelator ok ?

Thanks
N

Thanks for the reply.
Well, the indicator will run with any warning errors generated. That's why no such questions has been posted by those who have downloaded it.

I just wondering the technical aspect of the warning message as there are only 4 MA modes in MT4 compilation, namely
MODE_SMA
MODE_EMA
MODE_SMMA
MODE_LWMA

Hence, there is no MODE_CLOSE in the standard compilation of MT4 iMA indicator. So I am wondering what smoothing method is used for MODE_CLOSE.:confused:

Other index indicators also show the same warning messages.

FXCorrelator loads perfectly.:clap:

Anyway, as the thread posts progress and reveal, even though with the indicator possessing some internal syntax errors, the indicator is making money for the users. I guess that is all that matters.

And thanks again for the unselfishness sharing.(y)