Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

This is my first post. I am new here, Where to download the Corrie indicators?

Hey T. (y)

Go to the links in the area on this post below......from there you will be directed to a lot of my stuff

Cheers
N

hey guys -

damn good question (y)

let me catch up tomorrow ..............tied up in some trading still and then have to go out

N

NVP,
To elaborate, I was just wondering since market goes up and down more than 10pips unless you pin point breakout of no return to afford with 3-5 pips stops. Would you mind please lend your wisdom as usual to hint some of the tricks in a way an average trader get it. Thanks
Eyasu

Last edited:
NVP,
To elaborate, I was just wondering since market goes up and down more than 10pips unless you pin point breakout of no return to afford with 3-5 pips stops. Would you please mind to lend your wisdom as usual to hint some of the tricks in a way an average trader get it. Thanks
Eyasu

tied up tonight E ...let me respond tomorrow (y)

N

Hey T. (y)

Go to the links in the area on this post below......from there you will be directed to a lot of my stuff

Cheers
N

Hi Nvp,

Thanks for the reply. From the youtube video, there is one indicator named "FxCorr v5b", is not include in your proposed download page. May I know where to download it?

Hi Nvp,

Thanks for the reply. From the youtube video, there is one indicator named "FxCorr v5b", is not include in your proposed download page. May I know where to download it?

Ok I'll take a look in the attic ,,,,,,is that the treble tframe ma indicator ?. :p

N

morning all

well its certainly been a lively weekend as I threw a few threads on the fire

anyway for those that know me and have followed me over the years i'm not usually so vocal or ferocious in my rantings but actually you do sometimes have to get a little outside the box a bit to shake yourself up !

back to normal this week but I do feel that if we as people wish to expand our horizons and grow we do have to get outside the box and get a little uncomfortable at times.........its the only way to learn gang .......no other ways i'm afraid .......

If you want to be successful in any walk of life you have to get outside your comfort zones and mix with people that are shaking the tree.............you cant hide in a box .....its not like the movies or the junk mail promises on YouTube.............step up or step away ........ its your choice ?

apologies to all if you feel that it got crazy with all this Disser nonsense / correspondence .........but hey ..sometimes you have to step out of the box a little ......right ? ;)

N

Last edited:
Hi Nvp,

trying to find it in my archives ............will post if I do (y)

it may be in this thread somewhere .cant remember how you search for files on a thread but you can :sneaky:

N

NVP,
I am not saying you disregard correlation but you focus instead on G8 index from the standard. I was using fx correlator for a long time and I was left behind but catching up with new G8 index correlations and gleaning the thread what I miss. How do you manage with so tight stop loss of 3-5 pips? Thank you
Eyasu

Hey E

remember the FXCorrelator is a simple / humble strengthmeter - and MA based in its build and signals .......no magic :cool:

it was relatively unique and new back in the early 2000's when I started and built it...........

but now such things are all over the Forex cosmos as standard indicators - some people even still try to charge $000's for them but I hope I have managed to eradicate such nonsense in the last 10 years with my free offerings here ....

check out this thread over the last few years as I tried to stop people wasting money on expensive but simple tools............Jason Fielder springs to mind as the most irresponsible junk vendor I challenged a few years back (y)

everything historically I have taught here and included in my links relates to that basic tool..............and it is a basic tool ............suitable for learning about the way the G8 correlates internally and with other markets ..... and how one can identify the relative strengths and weaknesses in that family for any MA and any TF ........

its a helicopter view for traders to assess market conditions .........nothing more nothing less .................on faster settings it can also indicate entry points

1) as currencies start trend moves/divergence - enter on Zero line crossovers on diverging currencies

2) as currencies indicate changes in trend / overbought / oversold conditions
(look for entries as lines converge back towards the zero)

and many many other tricks based on years of experience and G8 conditions

I have probably explained here over the years perhaps just 5% of how I can use this old indicator and a few derivatives ive developed over the years .............it has tremendous versatility and I love it to pieces......always will.........

but to be trying to trade on 3-5 pip stop losses on the basic indicator and settings thats not really feasible in truth...........even on 1 min TF..........to be this accurate in scalping you need to be using the basic fxcorrealtor to identify pairs and currencies in new / established trends (or overbought/oversold) but then falling back to the raw currency indexes and indeed paircharts to pinpoint the EXACT triggers on the 1min charts or even tick charts

advanced Scalping techniques need to have more than just the FXCorrelator in the toolbox .....its not that simple sadly

I am fusing my systems with Forexperians systems in a new journal so this may be helpful to people

N

NVP I notice you're very active in the scalping thread, do these indicators provide you any basis for your scalping activities or do you use these for longer term swing or position trading? You mention the importance of risking 3 pips for 3 pips profit as a 1:1 which it is, but you also advise elsewhere that the one rule of trading is to let your profits run. Do you find you can handle holding two (or more?) different sets of trading styles in your head at one time or do you tend to focus on just one type at a time? I ask this specifically because a large part of my portfolio is fundamental analysis on value stocks which are by their nature research and time intensive and are counted by the months (and years in a couple of cases - almost as long as I've been trading), and a smaller part is speculative short term trading on a technical basis. The asset classes are quite distinct in my case so there is no confusion, but I think you said you only trade spot forex. If so, I imagine there are times when your longer term trading view is quite at odds with your short term approach. How do you handle the conflict mentally?

Hi Izzy

remember that trading is a huge subject with zillions of combinations and opinions on how to be successful :cool:

This is a enormous thread here now dealing initially with basic forex strengthmeters and inter-market correlation

I don't expect anyone to read it from post 1 ............but in truth It was relatively early days for me with my strengthmeters and I was certainly not trading with the experience I have now........ or utilising all the other techniques and indicators I have learned from mentors and programmers that have helped me along the way

that's why T2win is so great as a forum .....you will meet and work with some great people in your journey (y)

ok let me answer the rest in red next
N

NVP I notice you're very active in the scalping thread, do these indicators provide you any basis for your scalping activities or do you use these for longer term swing or position trading?

The Fxcorrelator on the appropriate MA settings acts as a overview of the market - suitable for any Timeframe and MA selected .........for example a default 20ma setting shows you what currencies are currently strong and what are relatively weak over the average of the last 20 bars on TF selected ...nothing more nothing less - I will use it to steer my scalping at times (whats strong or weak vs usd).....but its only part of the system

You mention the importance of risking 3 pips for 3 pips profit as a 1:1 which it is, but you also advise elsewhere that the one rule of trading is to let your profits run. Do you find you can handle holding two (or more?) different sets of trading styles in your head at one time or do you tend to focus on just one type at a time?

I state that 3 pips should be enough as a stop for most scalps ..........if it stops out you have got it wrong .........similarly if as a swing trader you saw an opportunity on a pair and it needed a 30 pips stop to cover the interim high/low behind the signal ........... its the same thing .....just that we are scalping and the pip levels required are significantly smaller than swing trading ..........but remember so are the rewards as you are trading significant volumes of trades in a day verses a handful swing trading !

One of the many things I have learned from Forexperian was to reintroduce a 2-3 contract rule on scalps .........always exiting a % of the contracts after achieving say 5 pips of a scalp ..........then leaving some on to hopefully "RUN" using basic trailing stop techniques.

hence I can have my cake and eat it ....letting profits run on a percentage basis whilst covering losses by taking early contracts on 5 pip gains (y)

I ask this specifically because a large part of my portfolio is fundamental analysis on value stocks which are by their nature research and time intensive and are counted by the months (and years in a couple of cases - almost as long as I've been trading), and a smaller part is speculative short term trading on a technical basis. The asset classes are quite distinct in my case so there is no confusion, but I think you said you only trade spot forex. If so, I imagine there are times when your longer term trading view is quite at odds with your short term approach. How do you handle the conflict mentally?

since I now 100% scalp the concept of longer term is pretty useless to me ..................the last 30m-60m is of some importance to me but not that much.............above that I may be interested in any significant highs or lows but really when you scalp you are right in the moment dude ..........right in the moment ;)

?[/QUOTE]

N

usd bull at moment ................ok back later .got to go out

Attachments

• usd bull.JPG
    usd bull.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 195
hey guys - a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes here on some of this feuding and dissing nonsence so you will have to excuse me in not participating here for a while

I will always be happy to respond to questions on Forex Correlation here and forex Strengthmeters on this thread (as I have for several years) but really havnt got any more tme or patience at the moment to continue to argue with certain members of this forum

Cheers
N

Hey E

remember the FXCorrelator is a simple / humble strengthmeter - and MA based in its build and signals .......no magic :cool:

it was relatively unique and new back in the early 2000's when I started and built it...........

but now such things are all over the Forex cosmos as standard indicators - some people even still try to charge $000's for them but I hope I have managed to eradicate such nonsense in the last 10 years with my free offerings here ....

check out this thread over the last few years as I tried to stop people wasting money on expensive but simple tools............Jason Fielder springs to mind as the most irresponsible junk vendor I challenged a few years back (y)

everything historically I have taught here and included in my links relates to that basic tool..............and it is a basic tool ............suitable for learning about the way the G8 correlates internally and with other markets ..... and how one can identify the relative strengths and weaknesses in that family for any MA and any TF ........

its a helicopter view for traders to assess market conditions .........nothing more nothing less .................on faster settings it can also indicate entry points

1) as currencies start trend moves/divergence - enter on Zero line crossovers on diverging currencies

2) as currencies indicate changes in trend / overbought / oversold conditions
(look for entries as lines converge back towards the zero)

and many many other tricks based on years of experience and G8 conditions

I have probably explained here over the years perhaps just 5% of how I can use this old indicator and a few derivatives ive developed over the years .............it has tremendous versatility and I love it to pieces......always will.........

but to be trying to trade on 3-5 pip stop losses on the basic indicator and settings thats not really feasible in truth...........even on 1 min TF..........to be this accurate in scalping you need to be using the basic fxcorrealtor to identify pairs and currencies in new / established trends (or overbought/oversold) but then falling back to the raw currency indexes and indeed paircharts to pinpoint the EXACT triggers on the 1min charts or even tick charts

advanced Scalping techniques need to have more than just the FXCorrelator in the toolbox .....its not that simple sadly

I am fusing my systems with Forexperians systems in a new journal so this may be helpful to people

N

NVP,
Thank you so very much for the lengthy explanations. I find G8 indexes more responsive for a short term trading. I will follow up on on tactics of 3-5 stops to capture breakouts. I will be watching every bit of your sentences to find few drops out of the bucket. Thank you
Eyasu

By the way where is Forexperians systems in a new journal, is it open forum?

Last edited:
NVP,
Thank you so very much for the lengthy explanations. I find G8 indexes more responsive for a short term trading. I will follow up on on tactics of 3-5 stops to capture breakouts. I will be watching every bit of your sentences to find few drops out of the bucket. Thank you
Eyasu

By the way where is Forexperians systems in a new journal, is it open forum?[/QUOTE]

hey E

Forexmospherian may chose to create new journals in future but up to him

I was going to start a public Journal trying to fuse my strengthmeter techniques with some of F's methodologies but will not be doing that in public forums now

will always be here to answer general Strengthmeter queries

cheers
N

Hi NVP
Finally downloaded you file thanks

no worries H - always around here to answer questions on forex strengthmeters .......other than that head down trading ..no more time for the many timewasters and idiots now posting at T2win ;)

N