Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

the usd has been generally bear this week..........after a retest of the recent weeks low shes under pressure again now

scalp buys
N

Attachments

• the week usd.JPG
    the week usd.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
gu best sell on that recent bull run by usd..............hard work though .......I have been working it from 5680.............5670 now with 2-3 rescalps so far

N

gu best sell on that recent bull run by usd..............hard work though .......I have been working it from 5680.............5670 now with 2-3 rescalps so far

N

5680 was the key price on this pair..........it came right back at around 8am and then got sold off another 20 pips

im still selling this pair on retraces (y)

N

5680 was the key price on this pair..........it came right back at around 8am and then got sold off another 20 pips

im still selling this pair on retraces (y)

N

5620 now ....................superb selloffs so far since London opening (y)

I am having a bit of a scoutabout on the threads to look at the latest batches of Training / vendors / systems etc etc to see whats new in the world ...

excuse my many sarcastic comments I have posted ...but seriously ?

1) DONT pay for training or apprenticeships or any other form of promises made by vendors ....................if you decide to do so CAVEAT EMPTOR and don't come crying here to us for help ...............

2) sure the odd book or video or recommended information.........but paying thousands of pounds to suits with some fancy charts is a waste of time and money

i'm sure that what you are seeing is slick and persuasive and the guys are cool and dudes and making mega money ...............and the videos kick butt and the website is real corporate...........but any money you donate will go into their pockets and also fund the next batch of advertising and mailshots

if you want to pay for training ensure you spend at least a year in trading learning the ropes and the main systems / approaches ...................at least you will then smell an obvious rat when you see it ...................

Sermon over
N

the usd has been generally bear this week..........after a retest of the recent weeks low shes under pressure again now

scalp buys
N

9.30 BST saw the turn............one way traffic then ever since for usd following on from yesterdays selloffs

good good conditions for trading usd pairs (y)

N

Attachments

• usd action.JPG
    usd action.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 147
Hi NVP I am really struggling to add your correlator to my mt4 platform I have no idea about doing these kind of things, what I have done is deleted my BEAR indicator and copied your code into it but I only get the currency initials showing, no graph lines or anything , it could be something to do with this section // silly MQL needs this part to be done manually
SetIndexBuffer(0,Idx);
SetIndexBuffer(1,Idx1);
SetIndexBuffer(2,Idx2);
SetIndexBuffer(3,Idx3);
SetIndexBuffer(4,Idx4);
SetIndexBuffer(5,Idx5);
SetIndexBuffer(6,Idx6);
SetIndexBuffer(7,Idx7); I have not got a clue how to do it manually, I have sent you my number and I kow you are very busy but HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Hugonote

hugonote, I think nvp has made clear elsewhere these are simple moving averages you can set in virtually every charting package. There's nothing wrong with keeping it simple.

morning all

usd been a bear this week..........see those resistance levels today ?..........lets see if it can claw some back

until then we are looking at selling usd for me ............

N

Bear , Claw ...........?............jees I kill you guys :LOL:

Attachments

• usd week.JPG
    usd week.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 129
Hi MM

I can see you are still getting slowly back into it after your 3 week holiday and have not been able to get a full day in yet - probably due to other commitments

Still nice results on a genuine live money account with no faking or alterations etc there - pity nobody believes anything on this site - but can totally understand why with its history of multi nic fakers etc etc

Today looked a "cracker" - going to pick out a few corkers to show Sun11 what we will have him doing over the next couple of months

Around tomorrow and most of next week

Regards

F

196974d1440077518-intraday-live-short-term-trading-calls-expert-retail-forex-trader-eur3.png

MM is a class act ....................

Sun you can learn a lot from these guys .....................regarding scalping I only have one previous mentor who in the past got this close to what these guys can do........back in the early 2000;s .......(not a T2win member)

In truth he couldn't teach what he did (introducd to me via an old shell trading floor buddy) .................he had been in the business since the start of time and had come into forex from other more traditional areas of commodities and equities ................we spent a little time together but everytime I thought I had all the rules he threw more in ..........

in the end I realised he was just hard wired to the market ............the guy lived in central London and he had screens in most rooms in his flat ........he lived it 24/7 due to no real other interests or family or friends (long story)

if you read market wizards there a guys interviewed just like him - 1 offs

anyway - learn learn learn ............it will pay off if you commit yourself here

N

Hi NVP I am really struggling to add your correlator to my mt4 platform I have no idea about doing these kind of things, what I have done is deleted my BEAR indicator and copied your code into it but I only get the currency initials showing, no graph lines or anything , it could be something to do with this section // silly MQL needs this part to be done manually
SetIndexBuffer(0,Idx);
SetIndexBuffer(1,Idx1);
SetIndexBuffer(2,Idx2);
SetIndexBuffer(3,Idx3);
SetIndexBuffer(4,Idx4);
SetIndexBuffer(5,Idx5);
SetIndexBuffer(6,Idx6);
SetIndexBuffer(7,Idx7); I have not got a clue how to do it manually, I have sent you my number and I kow you are very busy but HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Hugonote

hey H

got your e-mail - just load it as it is ...theres plenty of youtube videos teaching how to load Mt4 into platforms

and here are the loading instructions on my word doc attached ..............just remember you may need to add a syntax into the settings to get it linking to your platform

good trading

N

Attachments

• Free FXcorrelator intro System May 2012.pdf
    741.3 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
hugonote, I think nvp has made clear elsewhere these are simple moving averages you can set in virtually every charting package. There's nothing wrong with keeping it simple.

hey guys ...............the standard FXCorrelator is a Ma based indicator

load my indexes from the links below and you can trade real time off these guys ........no lag

N

Attachments

• gbp index in my links area.JPG
    gbp index in my links area.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 182
  • signature area.JPG
    signature area.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 200
  • indexes.JPG
    indexes.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 220
hey guys ...............the standard FXCorrelator is a Ma based indicator

load my indexes from the links below and you can trade real time off these guys ........no lag

N
NVP I notice you're very active in the scalping thread, do these indicators provide you any basis for your scalping activities or do you use these for longer term swing or position trading? You mention the importance of risking 3 pips for 3 pips profit as a 1:1 which it is, but you also advise elsewhere that the one rule of trading is to let your profits run. Do you find you can handle holding two (or more?) different sets of trading styles in your head at one time or do you tend to focus on just one type at a time? I ask this specifically because a large part of my portfolio is fundamental analysis on value stocks which are by their nature research and time intensive and are counted by the months (and years in a couple of cases - almost as long as I've been trading), and a smaller part is speculative short term trading on a technical basis. The asset classes are quite distinct in my case so there is no confusion, but I think you said you only trade spot forex. If so, I imagine there are times when your longer term trading view is quite at odds with your short term approach. How do you handle the conflict mentally?

heres my current scalping issue on a 5min.............euro , usd and gbp are tighter than peas in a pod

no divergence to trade (n)

Attachments

• cant trade this much.JPG
    cant trade this much.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 222
Hey E

why do you think I have disgarded correlation ?...........sure I don't preach the inter market stuff here anymore but I do believe in it .....

I am now a 100% scalper and use the correations between currencies everyday -...........so its as impotant as ever

order flow ?.............hey ........forex trading is simple.........work out when you are prepared to scalp buy a pair and when you ate prepared to scalp sell a pair be

then keep doing it :smart:

I am not interested in orderflow..........keep it simple

N

NVP,
I am not saying you disregard correlation but you focus instead on G8 index from the standard. I was using fx correlator for a long time and I was left behind but catching up with new G8 index correlations and gleaning the thread what I miss. How do you manage with so tight stop loss of 3-5 pips? Thank you
Eyasu

results update

check out MM's performance on forexperiens thread..........this is what the dissers hate it seems ........successful traders !

euro and usd are now both bull .......the real deal was earlier ...........Euro came off the floor around 2.50 BST..........70-80 pips possible for the patient traders ............usd bounced off its floor around 5.40 and I have been buying it since then ..........mainly swissie and cad

have a good weekend ......looks like you have earned it :smart:

N

Attachments

• eu trades.JPG
    eu trades.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 186
NVP,
I am not saying you disregard correlation but you focus instead on G8 index from the standard. I was using fx correlator for a long time and I was left behind but catching up with new G8 index correlations and gleaning the thread what I miss. How do you manage with so tight stop loss of 3-5 pips? Thank you
Eyasu

hey guys -

damn good question (y)

let me catch up tomorrow ..............tied up in some trading still and then have to go out

N

NVP I notice you're very active in the scalping thread, do these indicators provide you any basis for your scalping activities or do you use these for longer term swing or position trading? You mention the importance of risking 3 pips for 3 pips profit as a 1:1 which it is, but you also advise elsewhere that the one rule of trading is to let your profits run. Do you find you can handle holding two (or more?) different sets of trading styles in your head at one time or do you tend to focus on just one type at a time? I ask this specifically because a large part of my portfolio is fundamental analysis on value stocks which are by their nature research and time intensive and are counted by the months (and years in a couple of cases - almost as long as I've been trading), and a smaller part is speculative short term trading on a technical basis. The asset classes are quite distinct in my case so there is no confusion, but I think you said you only trade spot forex. If so, I imagine there are times when your longer term trading view is quite at odds with your short term approach. How do you handle the conflict mentally?

let me come back on this as well tomorrow - good questions from everyone ! (y)

To both of you...
No body shared there real name here. Most of the people in the forum use a nickname as userid. Then why I would be different??

Look at your username buddy. I also don't know real name of Sir Gissachance, Major Magnum, NVP. About Forexmospherian, I know his first name is Peter. That all. I know all of them from UK. They also didn't share picture. In my Forexmospherian profile. I shared my city. The backdrop is from my city.

I don't know what is others problem here. Some people are here making silly jokes on lower brain etc etc. bla bla... not all the people in this world has same track mind ...

Mr. F never asked any details about me other than trading. If he asked, i would have no problem to share my details, skype id, blogger id, what ever... I would love to join their network.

We are real people here.

Honestly, I don't need to justify anything here at least to the criticizers.

Hey Sun

using Forums and the many members associated is a little like life.............you are going to get people that want to help you and people that dont...........;)

in life however you can usually move away quickly from the people that are sarcastic and rude and unhelpful..........as why spend time talking or dealing with them ?

but here on T2win the moderators allow such people to continually snipe and jibe at all the other members .......as long as they are not outrageously rude or post obscene pictures or comments they are allowed to continue their quest to stop people being able to be here in a fairly friendly environment, and be able to focus 100% on learning about trading with no meaningless interruptions

at best think of them like the disruptive children in a classroom - that take away your concentration and valuable time with the teachers and mentors as they rant and rage and pout in the corner............time wasted by the mentors having to talk to them and pacify them and even argue with them whilst valuable time slips away ..............who truly knows the reasons why these people behave as such but they do ..........its allowed here. :whistling

the moderators watch but don't act..............I think you can block comments by such people online ...but people like F and myself need to keep filters open as we do like to know what they are moaning about day in day out

so focus on the good guys and your trading - its going well ! .....:smart:(y).......we will worry about the crew who drag T2win down

N