Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

usd bull peaked at 9.15am in fact ........since then drifting south

took till after 10am to persuade me to start selling it

fxcm charts are GMT (so -1 UK summertime)

N

Attachments

• gmt -1.JPG
    gmt -1.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 159
usd has been net bear today so far ...........London AM session was best for Europeans (no surprise there for me )

have a good evening
N

Attachments

• sell usd.JPG
    sell usd.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 148
morning all

as mentioned yesterday..........

can anyone spot a pattern here for usd this week ? :cool:

Attachments

• usd week.JPG
    usd week.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 163
and still selling .........Europeans easing as bull buys ........shame

Attachments

• usd bear.JPG
    usd bear.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 239
hey all ..............usd finally got some bull action from 11am uk time (10am GMT charts)

plenty of money on those European pairs through the day so far

N

Attachments

• usd rallies.JPG
    usd rallies.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 233
I seem to be suddenly exchanging posts here on T2win more than trading ...........back on Monday

cheers
N

I seem to be suddenly exchanging posts here on T2win more than trading ...........back on Monday

cheers
N
And therein is the rub. If your 'correlation' was any good, you'd not still be posting here after 11 years and certainly not be posting more than you trade. I've got nothing against moving averages, they are the most pristine of indicators, buts that's all you've got. To try to isolate one specific currency from others using moving averages across an aggregation of pairs for which it is base or counter is futility.

If you wait for Yen to be above a certain arbitrary level and Sterling to be below a certain arbitrary level before entering a trade, you'll be too late. By the time the market 'confirms' what you suspected, it is TOO LATE. By the time the market passes or fails a 'test', it is too late. To be paid, you must act upon your suspicions before they are manifested.

Come on, take me up on my offer to show you how it's done. One pair, one day, you set the hours. I'll show you what you can do and you run your correlator thingamyjig alongside and watch open mouthed as I show you how much it doesn't matter. It'll open your eyes.

morning all

in truth I hav'nt the time or the inclination to continue to swop banter / insults with the next in line new resident comedian on T2Win........

jees....... .ive been there and done that far to many times now over the years at this excellent forum.....and tired/bored of it .........seen them all come and go......and would continue to do so if I was bothered .........but I have been around the block a lot here and its always good to make changes .....so time for a break

allocating my daily/weekly T2win time now back on my consultancy work and my trading .......time is always valuable to me .........nothing left to prove here at T2win .........

my signature area and links will remain and I will keep an eye out here from time to time plus keep in touch with Forexperian and a few others

always contactable via my home page here or [email protected]

Cheers all
N

moderators I sent sharky a request regarding my threads

so would really appreciate the assistance

cheers N

And therein is the rub. If your 'correlation' was any good, you'd not still be posting here after 11 years and certainly not be posting more than you trade. I've got nothing against moving averages, they are the most pristine of indicators, buts that's all you've got. To try to isolate one specific currency from others using moving averages across an aggregation of pairs for which it is base or counter is futility.

If you wait for Yen to be above a certain arbitrary level and Sterling to be below a certain arbitrary level before entering a trade, you'll be too late. By the time the market 'confirms' what you suspected, it is TOO LATE. By the time the market passes or fails a 'test', it is too late. To be paid, you must act upon your suspicions before they are manifested.

Come on, take me up on my offer to show you how it's done. One pair, one day, you set the hours. I'll show you what you can do and you run your correlator thingamyjig alongside and watch open mouthed as I show you how much it doesn't matter. It'll open your eyes.

TQ

I have contributed to T2win for many years to help people understand the basics of forex strengthmeters and correlation ........the free indicators I offer here are introductory and basic.......just skimming the surface of this fascinating area of analysis.......a lot of traders are inquisitive of the area and I have received a lot of feedback over the years from people who have found it pretty useful.......that's it :smart:

I have published the drawbacks of such indicators many many times and do not intend to do it again ...........every indicator is lagging .....etc etc.... blah blah

in truth you are demonstating to me a complete lack of knowledge about the area of forex correlation and relative strength...........you are shining a small torch in a coalmine my friend .....as with most people I have dealt with over the years who claimed they understood this area

I don't use these basic indicators in my own personal trading systems.....and have stated that many times here....... .I have moved on in those 15 years (funnily enough) to things that are much more real time and relevant to how/what I trade .....and contrary to your opinion ....I do ok ....and would do a lot more ok if I didn't post so much .....;)

that's pretty much it now for me on my thread here...........taking some time out from posting here to focus more valuable time on the other things that pay the bills - thanks again to TQ for waking me up to the time I was allocating far to much time these days to non value added activities (y)

cheers all
N

Last edited:
that's pretty much it now for me on my thread here...........taking some time out from posting here to focus more valuable time on the other things that pay the bills - thanks again to TQ for waking me up to the time I was allocating far to much time these days to non value added activities (y)

If my efforts have helped you along your life's journey NVP I am delighted. Sometimes the very best guidance comes from the most unexpected sources and in the most unlikely of ways.

NVP
I enjoyed your posts and participation.
Unlike a lot of posters you had a lot to offer.
GL in your pursuits.

hey all

as Forexperian and MM know I am still actively trading - instead of the usual amount of time I spend here at T2win which as already discussed seemed to be becoming very non productive vs making more money trading

anyway will be back at some point ..............got a chance to trade for last hour or so ............making money but not as good as most of my sessions this week so far :smart:

sorry - just realised the 3-4 trades duplicated there (incl $150) so not as much as it seems..but still decent win ratio and money up

later all and respect to the usual gang :smart:

N

Attachments

• trading3.JPG
    trading3.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 311
  • trading2.JPG
    trading2.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 332
  • trading 1.JPG
    trading 1.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
hey all

as Forexperian and MM know I am still actively trading - instead of the usual amount of time I spend here at T2win which as already discussed seemed to be becoming very non productive vs making more money trading

anyway will be back at some point ..............got a chance to trade for last hour or so ............making money but not as good as most of my sessions this week so far :smart:

sorry - just realised the 3-4 trades duplicated there (incl $150) so not as much as it seems..but still decent win ratio and money up

later all and respect to the usual gang :smart:

N

duplicating the trades with a little overlap allows cynics to see the trades are a continuous flow. i may not bother tho anymore

heres just my last hours trading ......had better action earlier on in truth.......and my last post again for a few days .....

just rejecting the mindless cr*p we see here re trolls suggesting that some of the traders trying to help people here at T2win cant make money..........spare me ....go get a life and perhaps trade and post journals and TEACH a little here yourselves....??...........or not ......not mostly of course

inject positivity into t2win and not negative taunts all the time ...and perhaps prove you can all make some money as well .....???

the message to anyone wanting to trade is simple - it can be done

of course you have to find your own path .....and it takes practice ........but it can be done .....and I consider myself to not be in Forexperians league believe me .......

see you all in a while - will dip in and out when time allows in future :smart:

N

Attachments

• hour 1.JPG
    hour 1.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 326
  • hour 2.JPG
    hour 2.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 349
  • hour 3.JPG
    hour 3.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 307