Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

my latest role is in truth not faring as well as I had hoped .................

I had discounted a few promises that I knew would not be honoured and some of the challenges are proving more complex and convoluted than even I had thought as the project details truly unfold to me and the team

workload/deadlines/milestones are a joke (as I have told the stakeholders now in a fairly frank exchange on Friday) ....hmmmmm

watch this space .................I missed the charts last week and the lure of going Pro I must confess is looming larger in the background by the day

N

Hey mate

A new venture in the pharma business with some old colleagues and new partner money .......I'm on commercial/finance side of it

In truth I lead the business case a while back and had asked for way more funding than currently provided.....if it all freezes out then I'll call it a day

Can't work with cheapskates.......

N

morning all

usd is a big fat buy so far .................gbp is the sell having jammed out weak aussies throu the Asian session

N

Attachments

• usd is rising.JPG
    usd is rising.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 133
my latest role is in truth not faring as well as I had hoped .................

I had discounted a few promises that I knew would not be honoured and some of the challenges are proving more complex and convoluted than even I had thought as the project details truly unfold to me and the team

workload/deadlines/milestones are a joke (as I have told the stakeholders now in a fairly frank exchange on Friday) ....hmmmmm

watch this space .................I missed the charts last week and the lure of going Pro I must confess is looming larger in the background by the day

N

As I have already mentioned and will confirm

If you do take the plunge - I will give you support and can be a "soundboard" etc etc during your first few months etc - as well as helping out any way I can

Next 10 days or so though will not be around - but back before end of month

All the best Neil

Regards

F

usd still pouring on the bull pressure since earlier (8.10 was its low ).........Europeans are solid sells when the timing is right ..........on my scaping charts (not shown below) I saw more opportunities around 10.20 to pile in again

fxcm uk charts below are GMT-1

N

Attachments

• usd stll bullish.JPG
    usd stll bullish.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 149
As I have already mentioned and will confirm

If you do take the plunge - I will give you support and can be a "soundboard" etc etc during your first few months etc - as well as helping out any way I can

Next 10 days or so though will not be around - but back before end of month

All the best Neil

Regards

F

thanks F ..............the current role will be acid tested this week as we seek further funding from VC group ..........Pharma clinical study testing is a funny game and very risky....I have a feeling we are going to be told to go on hold ............if so I fall back into firing up my Trading business and finally going for it 10000% after many many years in the wings .........so watch this space and have a great holiday

N

picked up more fast pips below ...........

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/dis...ert-retail-forex-trader-4211.html#post2526398

after probably a year now focusing my strengthmeter systems on scalping I seem to be doing ok - albeit I don't get the screen time needed still..........

timing is all and I will need the experience gathered if I do go fully pro soon .....its not a walk in the park even after 40+ years involved in gambling and Trading with the last 15 of those years fully focused on Forex

not a bad apprenticeship though in truth ...although I do feel like and old fart at times

N

Attachments

• old fart.JPG
    old fart.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 146
hey all

the usd starting fading from around 12pm lunchtime.........Europeans were as good as any currencies to buy

N

Attachments

• usd sells.JPG
    usd sells.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 138
just scraped a handful selling eurousd .......on Forexperians thread ...........i'm pretty happy these days ...my scalping is pretty tight as I now don't give much away and avoid the overaggressive/irresponsible trades ............last hour or so was a little tricky and I didn't give any pips away like the old days .........this allows me no slippage when the market is better like this morning ..........
ive been buying usd waves (See chart)

that's the holy grail for traders...............tight and small losses with good extended winners

N

Attachments

• buying usd this afternoon.JPG
    buying usd this afternoon.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
morning all

the usd is bull ...........euro looks weak

i'm scalping usd buys into Europeans at the moment

N

Attachments

• buy usd.JPG
    buy usd.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 118
difficult to make too much money at the moment as the correlation factors (buy usd sell Europeans) is not as good as it could be ............more opps to sell cad and aussies but I don't tend to chase those usd pairs in London morning session

N

sorry my head is down trading ..........around 7.50 after some falls .....the usd bull bellowed again ..........as stated I am fully committed to usd buying so far in London session

Europeans came off .............and I came back into the market

N

Attachments

• buy usd.JPG
    buy usd.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 130
still making money buying the usd bull phases............thee have been ample opps to sell usd as well recently as market is a little more choppy

but one of the major major holy grail rules of trading is simple

decide if you are buying or selling ...............and stick to it....don't chase the market up and down like a terrier on heat ..like this little fellah below ........you lose money and wear out the carpet at same time !!!!
N

Last edited:
usd has been rising nicely since 4pm onwards ...........the aussies have done well selling

but I try to play the Europeans mostly

N

Attachments

• aussies grab the pips.JPG
    aussies grab the pips.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 132
hey all

ive been calling a few on F's thread today .......... 1 hour on from me going underground to trade the usd buys ........and its been a nice session as I had hoped ..........

usd went bull again ........

hard to lose on any usd pair really

heres all the Europeans mopping up at least 10 pips and the ucad (not shown had 20 pips if you were fast to market

not bad at all

GMT-1 on chart below

N

Attachments

• usd buy phase.JPG
    usd buy phase.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 131
morning all

how you guys doing ?....ok ?

heres the week so far .............if youve been watching the action on forexperians thread you will have seen me popping in and out and grabbing pips when I could

i'm still part time trading at the moment ..........tied up mainly on a consultancy contract

top chart is my version of the usd index ......simple line and no fuss .........its free in the signature links below

below that is my FXCorrelator strengthmeter again free and gratis from the sig links

can you see the phases that usd has gone through ?........

its either going up up or going down .........that's it ........;)

from some analysis and bias that I conduct on my scalping charts I then target the best 2nd currency to trade with the usd ............and then trade

sure I watch the prices of forex pairs ......its what most traders do and use to trade ...........but my world is 80%+ watching the relative strengths......and pouncing when I like the signals :cool:

N:smart:

Attachments

• usd week to date.JPG
    usd week to date.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 152