Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Happy to see you are still posting on trade 2 win after so many years, seems like a lot of the "interesting" traders have left the forum, pity because the had a wealth of info to share.

Mike

Happy to see you are still posting on trade 2 win after so many years, seems like a lot of the "interesting" traders have left the forum, pity because the had a wealth of info to share.

Mike

hey mike

yes i'm still here .......no reason not to be as what I do here with strengthmeters doesnt change much and is as solid as the day I launched (I hope) :cool:

the whole Trading business and the dynamics of social media have changed dramatically from the old days .......

I still enjoy T2win and have many friends here so its like a place to come daily for a look see as in any club ...........some great names still out there but a lot of the legends drift off to pastures new or even retire .........

we should look to relaunching some of the classic trhreads of yesteryear as they will be as fresh today as then and would be of interest to all the newbies

you cant beat the classics :smart:

N

Last edited:
hey all

yesterdays late session didnt really change much............USD stayed south and the trades I recommended earlier in the day held to close

N

Attachments

• closeout of week.JPG
    closeout of week.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
ok - we have family and friends over tomorrow and I have orders to clean the house , cut the lawn and then go shopping to sainsbury's to get the mountain of food and booze needed .......

"holiday" really doesnt describe this weekend in my book...........:LOL:

have a good one
N

Last edited:
EMBRACE IMPERFECTION

hey all..........after my marathon shop/clean/cut session yesterday I decided to get the paintpot out and touch up some bits in the house .........

this morning most of the areas i painted look worse than before .......brush marks , gloss instead of silk finish , slight discolouration from diferent batches

wish i'd never bothered ........and i'll get back around to it again soon ............at least I tried

which brings me to trading .......................you have to demand perfection in everything you do ...............but then understand and acknowledge how the markets TRUE behaviour will bend and twist that expectation you have of yourself and your strategies ............and live with it ................:cool:

EMBRACE IMPERFECTION......because its going to happen :smart:

N

Last edited:
Hey there

thanks for posting .......

ok this is a Daily chart on a 20ma so longer term trading rules apply re slop losses , Targets etc etc and we are talking holding positions over a few days here

cant disagree with your calls ...all logical :smart:

NZD sell is the play for me ..........its retraced in last couple of days and is coming south fast .......(its also the only Trade showing on the dailys from my own bespoke systems)

plenty of buys on the Europeans ..........Euro would indeed be the call (GBP now may be overbought)

USD will fly neutral so you can use it to play as the secondary currency or go full out on the E/N buy

I dont play to much at this level so will be interesting to see ......the week has certainly started fast so lets see if E/N flies by friday

1.6229 it seems would be the entry when i called the chart up ..as you can see it got a lot of action overnight already so we are probably a little late to the party today

N

hey all

I posted this a while back.....I suggested the E/N buy based on conditions at the time as I was discussing higher TF's with a member ...........and the Euro is still bullish and above the ZERO (see chart) ...............but the NZD reversed ..big time !!!..............:whistling

it DID put another 50 pips on the move I predicted on the 29th April (next day) .........but then the NZD market changed rapidly and reversed ............

thats the secret to trading........adapt adapt adapt ........run those profits all the way...........cut your losses short ..........no sentiments.......execution and objectivity is all ..........

whether a trader broke even on that E/N call or lost money .....its all about execution in this business .....:smart:

N

Attachments

• NZD rises.JPG
    NZD rises.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
EMBRACE IMPERFECTION

hey all..........after my marathon shop/clean/cut session yesterday I decided to get the paintpot out and touch up some bits in the house .........

this morning most of the areas i painted look worse than before .......brush marks , gloss instead of silk finish , slight discolouration from diferent batches

wish i'd never bothered ........and i'll get back around to it again soon ............at least I tried

which brings me to trading .......................you have to demand perfection in everything you do ...............but then understand and acknowledge how the markets TRUE behaviour will bend and twist that expectation you have of yourself and your strategies ............and live with it ................:cool:

EMBRACE IMPERFECTION......because its going to happen :smart:

N

Post some pics of your handywork :p

Hey TRO hope you are well.............

good to see you again at T2win ............go easy on them all .....please :LOL:

N

Last edited:
hey all

i'm not really supposed to be posting today as we have family over.......(Bank holiday in the UK today)

heres the 1hr TF on a 20ma ..........the Green usd is still below the Zero (sell) ands we have the turquoise NZD and Brown CAD kicking butt north

thats it ...........watch those pairs to trade :smart:

N

Attachments

• action.jpg
    action.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
hey all

i'm not really supposed to be posting today as we have family over.......(Bank holiday in the UK today)

heres the 1hr TF on a 20ma ..........the Green usd is still below the Zero (sell) ands we have the turquoise NZD and Brown CAD kicking butt north

thats it ...........watch those pairs to trade :smart:

N

mornin all

i'm still selling green USD (still below the zero) .......GBP is the buy presently (y)

N

Attachments

• sell usd.jpg
    sell usd.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Morning N

Agree - GU as been such a nice pair over the Asian session - PA as been clean and tidy

Above 6886 and 80 - i am scalp buy bias - but need above 93 to hold any on longer for ago at 6900+

Under 85 and 80 I would be scalp selling for an interim support - to try again

We do news at 9 30 am again on the Pound - so will be worth watching this one for more opportunities

Have a good week

Regards

F

mornin all

i'm still selling green USD (still below the zero) .......GBP is the buy presently (y)

N

Please tell me you are all still selling USD ....

and still buying GBP ?....

it doesnt get any easier than this i promise you ! (y)(y)

N

Attachments

• sell usd.jpg
    sell usd.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 95
Morning N

Agree - GU as been such a nice pair over the Asian session - PA as been clean and tidy

Above 6886 and 80 - i am scalp buy bias - but need above 93 to hold any on longer for ago at 6900+

Under 85 and 80 I would be scalp selling for an interim support - to try again

We do news at 9 30 am again on the Pound - so will be worth watching this one for more opportunities

Have a good week

Regards

F

I will F .............G/U is a peach :smart:

the USD is the gift today ........its very very bearish ....

unusually so....... which is offering up such nice pickings !!

N

Last edited:
U/J getting hammered south .............and it may fire up again .....

yen looks like its shaping for a power rise.....but will USD stay short a while longer .....???

Last edited: