Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

UJ killed me ..........

ok later gang ....all fine tuning at present .........higher TF's are a little easier ..and i'm paying over 2 pips a round trip on everything on this platform ......not great

N

Attachments

• dammit.jpg
    dammit.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Indeed it is and thanks for inquiring! Here in Hong Kong the Chinese New Year break is drawing to a close. I am very glad to see that you are still robustly promoting your FX Correlator and the "Introduction" thread is very good indeed.

Many thanks, also, to Jedster who is as inspiring as he is diligent and knowledgeable.

I have been rather diverted by researching CoT, Order Flow (reading Darkstar's book) and KG's Relative Strength/Basket Trading. The indomitable Steve Hopwood is very impressive. All these concepts appeal to my sense of curiosity and, as with your approach, are rather beyond the ken of the average Small Speculator. And we know what happens to them.

If there are any other followers, who happen to be in Hong Kong, might I please take this opportunity to invite them to get in touch? We ought to meet for a beer and a chat.

I intend to set-up on my own quite soon. With the resources of the Internet, self-discipline and kindred spirits it should be better than teaching English to Muppets = which is definitely not my true calling. The cut and thrust of FX certainly is.

More anon, and Trade Canny.

Hamish.

whatever you do it will work Hamish .........you are in the land of opportunity there ! (y)

N

already been in AU once as as buy ...damn should have let it run..........

sorry about that ............dammit had a phone call - got distracted .............need to scoot now ........later

sorry all .............other duties called ...........may not get much chance this week to play due to work issues

until tomorrow
N

mornin all ....again I have had to get to work early re site meetings .......hopefully can play tomorrow

N

hey all

sorry things have been crazy at work !!!!

heres the 1hr on a 20ma

I see that over last couple of days its really been sell sell sell the Green USD .......nothing too wild re moves (you rarely get the USD swinging around like the Yen or the GBP for example) but enough to trade it against some nice currency trends

Yellow Yen , then orange aussie D , and now more recently the blue EURO have all traded nicely as buys into the USD for want of a better pairing

later
N

Attachments

• bear USD.JPG
    bear USD.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 134
hey all

heres the week (most of which I missed)......:(

usd got short and some big air from buying AUD and Selling GBP though the week ....

just been delayed watching the snowboarding ......how good was that !!!!

N

Attachments

• the week.jpg
    the week.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
mornin all....

Usd has been bearish but easing at the moment ........wait for a bar to start falling again to confirm selling recommences..............or wait the crossover and go bull

N

Attachments

• usd under bull pressure.JPG
    usd under bull pressure.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
mornin all...........well I may get into the saddle today but not till this afternoon

on the standard indicator (available for free below in links) 20ma setting on a 1hr TF ....

I see the Green USd bouncing along generally south .........so I am trying to focus on sells when they present themselves .......wait for the Green line to be below the Zero and DIVERGING

N

Attachments

• selling usd.JPG
    selling usd.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
and for anyone not sure .....divergence signal is when a line is moving AWAY from the Zero line ....................up or down

If you ride a signal with a currency diverging away North (buy ) and pair it with a Diverging currency going South (Sell) .........then congratulations .......youve just made a winning trade

N

Attachments

• divergence.JPG
    divergence.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 124
people tell me its not easy to find and ride these divergences............

ok............have I ever told you it was easy ?

who told you it was easy??..... ..those nice guys at

"pay me £2000 and I will show you how to make £100,000 a year as a currency trader" ?........

really ? :)
N

Last edited:
heres that hourly chart again

the brown CAD was the buy .........plenty of divergence and you immediately look to offset it against falling currencies ......

see the 3 options ?.........Yen , EUR and its twin the CHF..........I've shown the EURCAD sell move over those few hours .........

90 pips there......but truthfully perhaps 30-40 pips based on when you get in

luck ?..........skill?...........probability ?............who cares ..!! :cheesy:

all I show here is you have an indicator that gives you the basics ........telling you what currencies are showing rising tendencies and what are falling

I am not a magician.......... and certainly not a Trading master ..........I leave that to the guys charging you £2000 for all those magical secrets ..........they are masters all right....but not necessarily at Trading ? :cool:

later
N

Attachments

• EURCAD signals.JPG
    EURCAD signals.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 131
  • riding the moves.JPG
    riding the moves.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
open up and use the free indicator below in the links .leave it on the default settings ........and watch the moves over time ............also I recommend you read up about MACD indicators .......what I have here is a macd for individual currencies ........

and on this 20ma setting dont panic to much if a diverging currency starts to converge a little ............thats normal ...........it doesnt necesarrily mean the actual price is falling ....just momentum is falling .....natural in any trending situation

practice practice practice ......and read this thread from day 1 and my other thread linked here :smart:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex/179468-forex-strengthmeters-basics.html

N

Last edited: