Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

I see that I am nudging 700,000 views for this thread...........amazing.........heres to the 1 million mark !

N

well that was fun today ............USD still stays short on the 1 hr and the GBP went BIG.......euro took hits as well.........

N

Attachments

• sell usd on 1 hours.JPG
    sell usd on 1 hours.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
mornin all.........

USD stays pretty neutral.............it doesnt get dragged north or south much .........(Thats why I like to trade it in the pair as If I call it wrong the volatility is low anyway)

Big air on the GBP yesterday and overnight the AUD got south............i've used this chart attached to show how you do need to understand the skew factor on the 20ma and to not panic too much when lines CONVERGE ....

See the G/U buy ?.............big sweeping push up on the RED line ...but then look at the fall back on the RED line ..........dramatic eh ?

but then look at the ACTUAL G/U price on the main chart.......its not falling much in reality is it ?...................so hit the DIVERGENCES but dont panic too much when the CONVERGENCE kicks in..............you may bail and miss a further run .........

N

Attachments

• the week.jpg
    the week.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
here we are about 10 hours on ...............what do you see ?

well i see a steady eddy sell on Green usd ...........its not really converging yet so a constant momentum is been seen selling still ...

then you try to ride a Diverging north currency ..........not much about sadly .......

look at the blue Euro ..it got big this morning and is slowly converging south ............but again beware the skew .......the E/U is actually rising again as a Pair (right).............

decide on a MA setting for your FXcorrelator then practice seeing what it tells you ......

N

Attachments

• watch the convergence.JPG
    watch the convergence.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Fancy Selling USDCAD ?

when would you have called it on the 20ma Indicator below ?

N

Attachments

• USDCAD SELL.JPG
    USDCAD SELL.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
heres the week

4Hr TF on a 20ma ...............

Green USD has been a solid sell.............so really buying anything above it has been sucessful at times .............

the RED GBP stands out the most .................depends how fast that signal was to allow Traders to get on the move

later
N

Attachments

• Sell USD.jpg
    Sell USD.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
morning all

ok business as usual............I see Green USD as a continued sell until further notice on 1 hrs and lower

i'm off to the canaries in a few weeks time and i am lovvin the GBP action :)

go go GBP !!

N

Attachments

• usd shorts.JPG
    usd shorts.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
I see a lot of people online ....you are very welcome here (y)

go to the links below (signature area ) if you want to see more of what I do .......................or even go to Youtube where I have some ANCIENT videos.... :eek:........(no baftas there :LOL:)

trading is a tough game ......but not impossible ..........just needs time , time , experience , time , experience and developing a few rules to follow that work for you ...........oh yeah .....and did i mention time and experience ?

...........sorry I cant spend more time on the thread at the moment .............but will try to remedy that later this year.......:cool:

Jedster ..I will try to trial the new stuff this week ...looks interesting dude ....!

cheers
N

Last edited:
hey all ...........jees the USD got bullish as soon as I published that last post on the 1 hr

such is life ............hope you all caught some of the the red GBP sell

N

Attachments

• all change .jpg
    all change .jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
at this moment the G/U sell is still screaming at me on my bespoke low TF systems....

USD uncharacteristically active at present

N

on this 1 hour bar the G/U opened at 6722 and now heading for the 00..........(y)

Last edited:
hey all.........

I saw that USD is still holding north on the 1 hrs so stay with it ....hard hard grind though............for example that G/U sell only hit the 6695 and is bouncing...........ZZZZZZZ

later
N

Attachments

• hard work.JPG
    hard work.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
mornin all

ok the action is warming up now (y)..........green USD stumbled yesterday but is back north now (buy)..........and look at the yen getting creamed at the moment this week

over 100 pips on that u/j move since doors opened on sunday night .........ouch ! :cry:

and the GBP is back in the buy zone big time after recent hits in the last 2-3 days ...........

N

Attachments

• todays action.jpg
    todays action.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
hey all .............work is a pain at the moment so Zero time to trade and play .....

heres whats been happening using my indicator (available below in links for free)......

its the 20ma version on a 1 hour chart .........a nice steady setting not too fast and not too slow ....

I see brown CAD got slammed yesterday as green USD fights north again .......and th ered GBP again got big air yesterday .........what a currency to have in your home camp !!!

a little compression/divergence happening at the moment indicating reducing volatility..... but I woould recommend staying on USD buys re lower TF's until further notice

N

Attachments

• action on the week.JPG
    action on the week.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
GBP is nothing compared to the Yellow yens performance so far this year ........

here the 500ma setting on a daily ..........the 500 allows you so see the actual moves without much MA skew ............

Yen has risen and the CAD is getting creamed ...............700 pips off the pair since early jan

ouch
N

Attachments

• the year in 500ma index .jpg
    the year in 500ma index .jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
did the 20ma give a signal on that trade ........???? :sneaky:

is 500 pips on the Daily TF ok ?......... :cool:

N:smart:

Attachments

• 500 pip signal.JPG
    500 pip signal.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
as i leave I see plenty of volatility now warming up .............

europeans (EUR,GBP,CHF) are going south as I speak so go to USD and Yen for buys

later
N

Attachments

• action stations .jpg
    action stations .jpg
    67 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
as i leave I see plenty of volatility now warming up .............

europeans (EUR,GBP,CHF) are going south as I speak so go to USD and Yen for buys

later
N

well the european falls didnt last for long re above post.......you had perhaps another 30 mins or so on GBP and Euro to ride the sells .........and CHF rode on for a few more pips as well against the USD..........

still pips are pips !! ........ (y)

the Green USD has clung to bull status but now looks like really under bear pressure.........a little transitional at the moment and would be nice for any currency to show its hand :smart:

later
N

N

Attachments

• action on 1 hr TF.JPG
    action on 1 hr TF.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 114
Last edited: