Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Yes got to second above , thought I would have a nosy a while back same issue about malicious attack so when I see that its get out of here quick , hope you are not trying to spread some winter flu virus Mr. P. (lol) time you got that sorted .
ps the link to download was from this site

Chaps, do you really mean, you got a virus warning when trying to download a text file (.mq4) from T2W?

That probably isn't actually the case. What I suspect you are doing is accidentally clicking a "FXcorrelator" link from either on the forum, or from the pdf that NVP published, which is actually taking you to the FXCorrelator.com website.

Unfortunately, if you try to go to that website, you will get many virus warnings as the site has been infected, and I believe NVP no longer has his admin access to it, or something like that.... I'll leave NVP to explain....

J

Thanks J

as Ive stated before in this thread my IT/partner setup the FXcorrelator.com site (and the VIP site) to help us provide some Free and also fee based services a year or more back

I am an IT moron and was also busy elsewhere so sylvie dealt with it all for me........

to cut a long story short we fell into despute when the Service provider got bought out and the new owner sent us a lot of Incorrect backdated charges and billing with the threat of closing the Domain if we didnt pay (if anyone runs a Website make sure you understand everything that has been contracted for and also the Domain rights if the service provider manages all for you)

We told them to take a running jump and they closed out the Sites with nasty messages

My IT partner is now sadly very very ill and so the despute will continues ad-infinitum.....I may take a look again at some time but in truth its not at the forefront of my priorites ...which I suppose in one positive way shows i'm certainly not a marketeer or trying to flog stuff as a website is the lifeblood for Vendors

apologies again but the MT4 FXCorrelator indicator is available by following the links in the signature area below ....and should not be showing you nasty web virus messages as T2W is clean !

N

Yes got to second above , thought I would have a nosy a while back same issue about malicious attack so when I see that its get out of here quick , hope you are not trying to spread some winter flu virus Mr. P. (lol) time you got that sorted .
ps the link to download was from this site

I will remove all links to FXCorrelator.com from my profile on T2W

N

hey all ............doomed again to not get near the charts due to work

will try tomorrow ......jees I cant remember what a trade is ......think of the money i'm saving !

N

hey all

heres the week..........I've had my sights on selling USD and Yen most of the week (See this weeks commentaries inbetween my website woes !)....and we havnt been dissapointed ....

nice kicker on GBP buys as well

hope you all did ok ...........really ....Trading is not rocket science......find a decent way of looking at the market.......then create an Edge ...... and just keep it simple simple simple

Cheers
N

Attachments

• the week.jpg
    the week.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 142
and if you care to look the GBP has now spent 9 out of the last 10 weeks above the Zero
on the Weekly 1 ma charts

what a run !!!
N

Great results NVP.

When you use your correlator what time frame do you use ? 5 Mins ,1 Hour or longer ?

Do you scalp or swing trade and do you use large stops ?

Many thanks for an excellent thread that has greatly improved my own trading.

Nick.

Hi Nick, Ive found there to be a bit to much noise in the smaller timeframes giving false signals. Just a personal thing, NVP may explain how to trade the m1 and m5 using his scalping strategy. I look at the daily's to see whether a currency been getting stronger or weaker, then pinpoint a pair using the H4 and M30. Once a pair has been identified as a possible trade i then look at its trend,support and res levels, The pair has to meet quite a criteria before i enter a trade. How are you using the correlator,have you had much success ?

Mike , I can't thank you enough for your excellent reply to my post.It confirms my own methodology.

How are you using the correlator,have you had much success ?

Norton will not allow me to open NVP'S link[although it would allow me to open Nigel's detailed PDF on his system] ,so I have been using another free link on the net and coincidentally I have been using the method that you suggest and it has certainly improved my Forex trading this week.

Once again - may I thank Mike and Nigel again - you have both pointed me in the right direction.

Some days the market doesn't have a definite direction, it is very hard to get a trade on in these conditions, Some currencies on the correlator are flicking up and down from strong to weak on the lower timeframe charts.

Ive tried trading at night with the open of the Asia market, not with much success may i add.

Norton will not allow me to open NVP'S link[although it would allow me to open Nigel's detailed PDF on his system] ,so I have been using another free link on the net and coincidentally I have been using the method that you suggest and it has certainly improved my Forex trading this week.

Just look in NVP's footer for the resources. It contains links to posts in this thread that contains all that you need. That is, the pdf, and the mq4 indicator files. If you search on youtube there are a few older videos as well. There is nothing else that you need other than that.

Don't visit the fxcorrelator.com website, it is infected with malware (and is out of control at the moment). There is nothing else on that site, that isn't already in this thread anyway...

J

Mike thank you for the additional information - I appreciate it.

Jedster - thank you for the advice about the FX correlator,but for some confounded reason the links [apart from the PDF - will not open].

Do you have another link by any chance that I might try.If not many thanks for your help.

Nick.

Jedster - thank you for the advice about the FX correlator,but for some confounded reason the links [apart from the PDF - will not open].

Do you have another link by any chance that I might try.If not many thanks for your help.

Nick.

Which link won't work? Post the actual link here. Also, post a link to the forum message where you are getting that link from. You can do that by looking in the top right hand corner of every message. You will see a #number which is actually a link to that message. Right click that number and select "Copy Shortcut" (for IE) or "Copy Link Location" (for firefox) from the context menu, and then paste it into your message. This link will help us track down what you are doing.

Also when you say it won't open, what actually happens? Do you get an error, does it just wait? What actually happens?

J

Hi Jedster - sorry for taking up your time .This is the link

The FXCorrelator - My Indicator & simple system :- http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex/forex/fore...ml#post2172856

Found at the bottom of NVP's post. #11807

When I try to open the link - nothing happens .

Thank you for your help,Nick.

PS just tried to open link , and I got this message

Error 404: Page Not Found

Unfortunately the link you posted is not valid. You have copied and pasted what was in the message, but that is abbreviated (for the sake of the message) so it is not actually a valid link. You needed to right click that link and copy the underlying shortcut, and then paste that, since the link gets abbreviated in the message (one of the beauties of html).

Anyway I was able to work out what you were trying to connect to...

Post 11807 just contains a very quick post from NVP. Other than his footer, it contains nothing else.

However you were trying his first link in his footer. It goes here:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...-basic-ideas-strategies-1460.html#post2172856
(full address is http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex/71854-correlation-trading-basic-ideas-strategies-1460.html#post2172856)

Does that work?

I suspect, you are having problems with either your browser or your T2W settings.

These are just regular http links, you click them and they take you to another page. When you say nothing happens, do you mean that links are not working within T2W pages? Do you see them as actual links? That is, when you hover your mouse over the link, does the mouse cursor change to show you that it is an HTTP link? Do links work normally at other sites? Perhaps you should look at your settings to make sure http links are being displayed properly. Alternatively, contact the T2W support people for some advise as these links appear to be working for the other viewers of this thread. I have also just tried testing from within 3 different browsers and they all worked ok.

J

Hi again Nick, just reading back through the posts, what is it you are struggling to download ? is it NVP's correlator its self ? or something else ?

Last edited: