Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Ouanda has always had spread issues like this but people like them

horses for courses I suppose

N

Apologies NVP - just realised it was totally off topic in this your thread. I just followed on the original sub-conversation which started quite naturally from what had gone before. Please delete any or all of it as you wish.

no worries at all...........you might like to start a new thread or add to the ones about these Brokers

and hongbin sends his love .....

N

no worries at all...........you might like to start a new thread or add to the ones about these Brokers

and hongbin sends his love .....

N

I was going to add it to the reviews section but that facility is not available it seems.

I was going to add it to the reviews section but that facility is not available it seems.

Feel free to start a thread somewhere else and re-post your transcript. I'll repost my experiences and*then we can see if anyone else joins in with thier own experience. I suspect though, like any other UK broker, you'll get people with both good and bad experiences.

J

Feel free to start a thread somewhere else and re-post your transcript. I'll repost my experiences and*then we can see if anyone else joins in with thier own experience. I suspect though, like any other UK broker, you'll get people with both good and bad experiences.

J
Sorry Jedster, I didn't mean it to come across as an attack on your brokers - just the damn fool they let loose on me. I'll not muddy the water with any review as I hardly think this one instance can be representative and certainly no match for your long experience with them which you say has been excellent.

As I think about this spread differential and spread variation during high volatility, although as you said I don't have the speed or infrastructure to take advantage of any price anomalies between the various brokers, there are some that do - acres of computing power at their command. So any arb opportunities would be exploited by someone. In which case, would it be reasonable to assume that all brokers (SB-ers included) must offer similar spreads at similar times? If that is the case then the shopping around for best spreads would be pointless.

Sorry Jedster, I didn't mean it to come across as an attack on your brokers - just the damn fool they let loose on me. I'll not muddy the water with any review as I hardly think this one instance can be representative and certainly no match for your long experience with them which you say has been excellent.

As I think about this spread differential and spread variation during high volatility, although as you said I don't have the speed or infrastructure to take advantage of any price anomalies between the various brokers, there are some that do - acres of computing power at their command. So any arb opportunities would be exploited by someone. In which case, would it be reasonable to assume that all brokers (SB-ers included) must offer similar spreads at similar times? If that is the case then the shopping around for best spreads would be pointless.

Not at all, I have no ego to bruise. They are just a broker that I use at the moment. Trust me - as soon as I find another broker that offers me something better, I will move.

I do think, if you post your experiences on the brokers forum, I'll follow up with mine, and then you can see what others post. I don't mean that to be competitive, just purely to try to eek out some opinions from other people. Then you can make an informed decision. After all, if your first experience with a company is poor, you are not going to change your opinion based on the views of just one individual...

No that isn't the case. Each broker generally has access to their own liquidity providers, and they pass on that liquidity to their clients. When the liquidity dries up, the spread increases. Different brokers have different liquidity providers, so the liquidity that they can offer to the clients will be different.

Of course, during events such as the NFP, depending on the reaction (and especially if it was not anticipated), then you might see an overall depreciation in volatility across all providers.

J

No that isn't the case. Each broker generally has access to their own liquidity providers, and they pass on that liquidity to their clients. When the liquidity dries up, the spread increases. Different brokers have different liquidity providers, so the liquidity that they can offer to the clients will be different.

Of course, during events such as the NFP, depending on the reaction (and especially if it was not anticipated), then you might see an overall depreciation in volatility across all providers.

J
I don’t suppose there will be too many instances of one broker’s Bid being higher than another’s Offer for the same asset – or if there is, it won’t last too long. But there must be algos out there searching for precisely that sort of anomaly and hitting with as much size as it can before it flattens. And while I suppose this could happen at any time, it’s more likely in the fast moving volatility driven frenzies around big news – which presumably only serves to increase the volatility?

J

being the devils advocate (and an ex bookie in my youth) .............would everyone be happy(er) if brokers closed out all trades and stopped offering trades during high volatility periods ?

N

morning all

well the usd and Yen train still rolls south........keep on them

N

Attachments

• the week.jpg
    the week.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 143
being the devils advocate (and an ex bookie in my youth) .............would everyone be happy(er) if brokers closed out all trades and stopped offering trades during high volatility periods ?

N
They pretty much close out my trades as it is during those times.

Hi NVP I have tried twice to download your Forex Correlator and Norton have informed me that there was a malicious attack on my PC ??

strange ?? ............was that from the attachments here or elsewhere

if here at T2W we may have a generic T2W issue and nothing to do with my standard uploaded Mt4 files :sneaky:

N

hey all...........

here we are ............Dow steady as she goes ........Yen getting spooked a little and AUD dumping now .....

USD holding south so far and GBP looks worth a buy punt as it hits the lead buy on that right weekly chart (on a 1 ma)

later
N

Attachments

• the week.jpg
    the week.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
strange ?? ............was that from the attachments here or elsewhere

if here at T2W we may have a generic T2W issue and nothing to do with my standard uploaded Mt4 files :sneaky:

N

Hi NVP it was here at T2W.Strange thing is that it has happened twice over the year - not only with Norton but also with Bull Guard .

Hi NVP I have tried twice to download your Forex Correlator and Norton have informed me that there was a malicious attack on my PC ??

Yes got to second above , thought I would have a nosy a while back same issue about malicious attack so when I see that its get out of here quick , hope you are not trying to spread some winter flu virus Mr. P. (lol) time you got that sorted .
ps the link to download was from this site