Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

No matter how you interpret my rules here

you can see that Yen and USD were certainly not worth shorting over the last few hours

N

Attachments

• signals 15m TF.jpg
    signals 15m TF.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 127
hey all

we are bouncing on Dows low from yesterday......nice move developing

N

Attachments

• bounce.jpg
    bounce.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 102
thankyou may I have another .......

Attachments

• nice.jpg
    nice.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 115
nice last hour or so....the e/J was even better

N

Attachments

• usd pairtrades.jpg
    usd pairtrades.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 121
umm.....I know we are having fun on the lower TF's but look at the monthly below

this is sometimes called having a Gorilla in the room........

14,000+ about to be made today ?

see what it takes to get Yen so low again (since 2007) ?

amazing what global money printing (a few Trillion Dollars here and there)... can do :p

N

Attachments

• heads up.jpg
    heads up.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 118
mornin all......

no 14,000 dow hit but it was close.......

that extended Dow run yesterday kept Yen and USD suppressed for sells......and we even see them both now below the Zero on the left hand chart (20ma/delta3 4hrTF)

Expect that to hold if Dow finally breaks the 14,000 this week.....

Personally ?

any chink in that Dow armour and we go hot on seriously buying the USD and also the Yen

i'll hunt with Dow below the right charts horizontal white line (15m TF 20ma/delta 1)

later.......i,m still having issues remote accessing trading screens during the day

N

Attachments

• yen and USD suppressed.jpg
    yen and USD suppressed.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 119
N, a simple question: I know that in the lower TF we must have to wait to bar close, but what about higher TF (bias TF) i.e. 4H or daily, do you wait for close or you take bias "at this moment" and go for lower TF for signal?

In truth I would wait for the close...........each TF really is its own world

n

hey all......

wow today was interesting ........that dow held north for a long time and some nice continued sells on Yen and USD (buying Euro and GPB)

Then when Dow faltered - Nothing !

the Yen and USD held south so less trading this afternoon so far ...

later
N

Attachments

• yen and USD hold south.jpg
    yen and USD hold south.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 141
wow today was interesting ........that dow held north for a long time and some nice continued sells on Yen and USD (buying Euro and GPB)
Then when Dow faltered - Nothing !
the Yen and USD held south so less trading this afternoon so far ...
later
N

mornin all.......:sleep:

well the Dow continued to falter overnight and we finally got our buys on Yen and USD.......AUD took the main hit ....

Quiet a Dow retrace now (80% back vs Tuesdays low) so lets see what happens next....

I am anticipating a bounce north again today but trade what you see ...

N:smart:

Attachments

• Dow falters.jpg
    Dow falters.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 141
hey there......

a few people are asking me regarding my website and the VIP course I ran last year ....

heres an update

1) FXCorrelator.com has malware issues....my long term IT and business partner has been critically ill for the last year or so (now feeling better thankfully and still resting) and I told her recently to forget it and look at it as and when she is feeling better.....its only a website and not important to the grander scheme of things in the universe.....

T2W generally works for me at the moment and you can always contact me here with a post or send an E-mail to [email protected]

2) the VIP was an interesting course of 6 months and I hope the attendees enjoyed it .......I ran it at a loss vs the time / effort / web content etc etc........but also a big learning experience for me

i'll naturally let people know if I decide to do something similar again ...but not in the near future as tied up in a few trading projects and of course day to day work & life !

3) I have a few older videos at Youtube......(FXcorrelator Channel)....I deleted a lot of similar ones to streamline the portfolio....and I will try to put a new one on soon + perhaps some from my "VIP" series once my partner is back in the saddle and able to support me again

cheers
N

Last edited:
sorry all........I see a lot online but I have no Remote screens accessable at present .....

working on it ........more updates tonight
N

thks for good strategy!NVP!

hey there

you are welcome - remember this is a simple introduction to Correlation & Forex Strengthmeters and a very simple system ............

the key is learning the basics and if you are still interested in this approach to then develop your own approach to a sucessful and profitable system (y)

N

Here was a 2 parter I did for the 2011 year..........

The reason I show this is that I explain more about my Correlation strategies (Dow vs G8) and also I use a higher MA here which really shows the Pure Currency moves up and down in the year

the higher MA settings (200ma upwards) allow you to utilise more Price action based techniques for trading Currency signals (support / resistance/breakout signals) which is different to my 20ma default system here which is more trend/momentum based in approach.........

N

FXCorrelator 2011 yearbook part 1.avi - YouTube

FXCorrelator 2011 yearbook part 2 - YouTube