Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hey all.......

15m TF (20/1) right chart
4hr TF (20/3) left chart

well the Dow didnt falter into the night.....but the USD and Yen did hold north as promised

CAD took a major hit into that last session if you were looking for a trade

is that the Yen faltering on the left chart.....will it go as deep as the 9th Dec's plunge ?

I dont know.....no one does ....thats why just trade what you see and dont bother spouting hot air on big predictions (unless someone is stupid enough to pay you to do it :cool: )

N

hy imjust found this tread and i like that. i want to combine with my strategies basic on pricing , i just want to ask what u mean "dow up = sell USD and YEN" that mean we must sell pair USD/XXX like USD/CHF, and XXX/YEN like EUR/YEN, sorry, :):eek:

in here i want to search the trigger make the market sideways, i think using correlation currency it can help and revealing the market, where it will be move,, like this week, in EUR/USD , monday until thursday market is sideways, and yeah, ith hard to make a decision. sorry my enlish is not good, im just try what can i say :cheesy: im trade using metatrader, and im using timeframe H1 and H4 for compas

sorry i cant read your previous post because is so many 1000 post oh god :D, my time.. and i think discuss with u is better :D
can you help me? :D

Last edited:
hy imjust found this tread and i like that. i want to combine with my strategies basic on pricing , i just want to ask what u mean "dow up = sell USD and YEN" that mean we must sell pair USD/XXX like USD/CHF, and XXX/YEN like EUR/YEN, sorry, :):eek:

hey P (y)

When the Dow is rising sell the USD and YEN against rising currencies....dont trade USDJPY.....buy EURUSD or EURJPY ...(for example)....assuming Euro is rising

I am saying that USD and Yen are moving in the same direction south, and you trade currencies that are going north against them :smart:

N

Last edited:
in here i want to search the trigger make the market sideways, i think using correlation currency it can help and revealing the market, where it will be move,, like this week, in EUR/USD , monday until thursday market is sideways, and yeah, ith hard to make a decision. sorry my enlish is not good, im just try what can i say :cheesy: im trade using metatrader, and im using timeframe H1 and H4 for compas

sorry i cant read your previous post because is so many 1000 post oh god :D, my time.. and i think discuss with u is better :D

ask any questions here my friend.........also perhaps look at some of my videos on youtube (FXCorrelator channel) as well if it helps

and the document links are below in the signature area :smart:

N

sorry - it takes a long time to become a profitable Trader prisma....I know you are in a rush (we all are) so you want to know everything about Trading in a matter of minutes ......but it never seems to work that way :cool:

take your time and dont trade until you have a decent level of confidence in your chosen system (whatever it is) ..and keep evolving over time

I got involved in Trading in the 1980's with my first Job at Shell international Trading in London....and I am still rushing through things now thinking I never have enough time to learn it all.........and I never will :smart:

N

thank a lot neil for replay, :)
i know need much time to be profitable trader but i believe that i can do that
i work hard to make chance on my self, (y)
wo since 1980?/ its long time :)... do you know im just 5 month learning forex hahahah its a little time, so im so corious and want to know abouty everything
im using pivot point and camarilla also EMA period to predict the price..also im using your price corelation to know propability market,, and where the price will go?? and to know when the market will be sideways,, im trying in demo to know everything..to combine all of that :)

and i agree with u that USD and JPY is the masterpiece pair to open all the pair movement:clap:

lets discus everything we know neil thank so much(y)

mornin all

we are on the brink of a 13,900 Dow.......wave the flags and all praise to the worlds Economic geniuses for delivering us from evil.......

Go back to Sep 2007 and we actually beat 14,000 in that month..(see chart below)

2007 was also notable as following that 14,000 high we all witnessed a systemic 8,000 point fall over the next year or so ........how the mighty fell and how we all weeped as the end of the World beconed.....

and now Money printing and Bond bubbles are taking Global equities through the roof.....theres nowhere else for the "Quan" to go (my nickname for global money flow)

sooo - as my mother used to tell me "there will be tears before bedtime".......we just all need to work out when that is my friends ...and then start trading what we see :sneaky:

N

Attachments

• history of time.jpg
    history of time.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
i'll see if I can trade today through remote screens - doubtful though

N

thank a lot neil for replay, :)
i know need much time to be profitable trader but i believe that i can do that
i work hard to make chance on my self, (y)
wo since 1980?/ its long time :)... do you know im just 5 month learning forex hahahah its a little time, so im so corious and want to know abouty everything
im using pivot point and camarilla also EMA period to predict the price..also im using your price corelation to know propability market,, and where the price will go?? and to know when the market will be sideways,, im trying in demo to know everything..to combine all of that :)

and i agree with u that USD and JPY is the masterpiece pair to open all the pair movement:clap:

lets discus everything we know neil thank so much(y)

Hi Prisma

sounds like you are experimenting which is great (y)........most people go through years of using too many indicators and ideas until they start to fine tune and streamline their core strategy (I did)

you have to learn and play and load things up till you are ready to strip it back again...........but the playing and experimenting is needed as that how you learn what works for you.........

N

mornin all

and now Money printing and Bond bubbles are taking Global equities through the roof.....theres nowhere else for the "Quan" to go (my nickname for global money flow)

N

haha

people are asking me about that word "Quan".........:p

heres where it comes from :cool:

its money/funds flow .........but much more than that ........if you can learn to watch for its movements between global markets like commodities , bonds , equities etc etc then you will be ahead of 99% of the traders out there

N

Jerry Maquire - The Word "Quan" - YouTube

heres the action today.....

2 "PURE"** signals there.........where the dotted line and ticks are

First one was a peach..second was late delayed by waiting for the dow to confirm the move

we are literally on a signal again ..but boy o boy the USD has been flat today

N

PURE = Yen and usd on same side of the Zero and the Dow on the opposing side of its 20 sma

Attachments

• 2 purist signals.jpg
    2 purist signals.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 138
heres the action today.....

2 "PURE"** signals there.........where the dotted line and ticks are

First one was a peach..second was late delayed by waiting for the dow to confirm the move

we are literally on a signal again ..but boy o boy the USD has been flat today

N

PURE = Yen and usd on same side of the Zero and the Dow on the opposing side of its 20 sma

I see another pure signal just after the last one you marked. And as you say we are on one now. Not the best of days today. I think you could have lost quite big overall today. The signal at 13:45 (your chart) would have killed you and the extra one i marked would have just twisted the knife.

Attachments

• w30.gif
    w30.gif
    28.7 KB · Views: 142
I see another pure signal just after the last one you marked. And as you say we are on one now. Not the best of days today. I think you could have lost quite big overall today. The signal at 13:45 (your chart) would have killed you and the extra one i marked would have just twisted the knife.[/QUOTE]

Not if you sold GBP the obvious sell ?....;)

I see another pure signal just after the last one you marked. And as you say we are on one now. Not the best of days today. I think you could have lost quite big overall today. The signal at 13:45 (your chart) would have killed you and the extra one i marked would have just twisted the knife.

yep - the pure signal presented was indeed a losing trade......despite what marketeers tell everyone we do get them in this industry occasionally - haha !;)

if you were overfussy or incorporating additional filters the Yen was getting oversold on that signal so the risk was increasing ......the best signals are when the Yen and USD are tighter coming through the Zero .....or at least that tells me they have more scope to both keep travelling ..... (y)

I tell new traders to not get too dismissive on lower %win ratios when backtesting as when those figures go >70% you are generally backfitting and jeapodising longer term profitabiity in the real world

focus focus focus on cutting losers quickly and squeesing every possible dollar out of the winners

N:smart:

thats good analysis from Mata......excellent stuff so keep it coming .........we are here to help show people what Strengthmeters can do in assisting your trading through watching the WHOLE forex market ....

I am the only Trader out there who uses a Forexstrength-meter to actually generate trading signals - Henry Liu, Asraf, Nigels Hawkeye trader, even Tom Yeoman (accustrength) still only advocate using Strengthmeters to assist making decisions ...to me its all or nothing as adding more traditional pair trading indicators just adds to the confusion .......and generally reduces the profitability

Strengthmeters - go hard or go home......
N

heres today ........

the Yen decided to holiday in the north yesterday .....and it was sparse yesterday as the Dow was also bullish.......overnight we had the usd and Yen trying to fall below the Zero and the Dow held......so from purist signals we finally got some better signals on the 20ma 1hrTF default system after a sparse 24 hours....

the left chart is the 4hr TF....I would have been now out of any Yen Sells by now or Stoplosses would be very very close to activating......

15mTF (other picture) also generated signals overnight on buying Aussies

later
N

Attachments

• yen all north yesterday.jpg
    yen all north yesterday.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 120
  • 15m had nicesells on usd and yen.jpg
    15m had nicesells on usd and yen.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 122
busy busy busy today gang...but always happy to answer questions here

remember I introduce here a simple simple 20ma entry signal system for using a forex strengthmeter

it is the tip of the iceberg and I really recommend if you do decide to start using some of these ideas

Intermarket correlation
Relative strength analysis (follow the Quan)
looking at the dynamics of individual currency strengths/patterns

then this is a good place to start the work...........you will not learn a thing unless you research and ask questions questions questions ...as i do and will keep doing as many mentors have found out ....(teehee)

N

hey all

Gold finally got to top of the foodchain overnight on my 1hr TF goldmeter.......

now thats interesting :smart:

N

Attachments

• goldmeter.jpg
    goldmeter.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 123
just a bit of a heads up all..........

my own proprietry Volatility meters are telling me we really are at low levels in the G8 at present.....from 15m up to 4hr TF's

we need a litte consolidated action before I really want to be diving in anywhere at present

also sells me that the Dow's consolidated charge north has now dried up momentum-wise on the G8 ...

hence why Gold starting to register some volatility in the last post as well...

N