Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

ok lets see what I missed

15mTF (right chart) market were on best behaviour London AM....there was a nice buy on E/U and E/J whene Dow rallied

This afternoon again the markets went a little astray....Dow rose alongside the Yen and USD .....so only trading "Naked" on the USD and Yens correlation (ie ignoring the blessings of the Dow) would you have made money

such is life...........chose your parameters and live with them
N

Attachments

• am pm differences.jpg
    am pm differences.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 154
Good evening, NVP.

I am rather perplexed about something which I have noticed before.

When I compare your 15M 20-1 to mine (even though later in the day by a couple of hours) I see that there is a difference in angles and relative positions of eg USD and JPY also EUR and GBP. Is this because I am using a different criminal (OaNdA) perhaps?

Answer is probably blindingly obvious but ...

Thanks for your observations on this niggle.

H

Attachments

• 15M 20-1 23Jan13.PNG
    15M 20-1 23Jan13.PNG
    38.2 KB · Views: 139
Japan hits back at currency critics
By Jonathan Soble in Tokyo FT.com

The Japanese government has dismissed criticism that it is trying to revive the economy at the expense of the nation’s trading partners by intentionally weakening the yen, a policy that some foreign leaders warn could lead to a damaging spiral of global currency devaluations.
Akira Amari, economy minister, hit back against admonishments this week by Jens Weidmann, the president of Germany’s Bundesbank, and other German and UK officials who have raised concerns about the new Japanese government’s assertive efforts to loosen monetary policy.

In an interview with the Financial Times on Wednesday, Mr Amari rejected Mr Weidmann’s characterisation of Japanese moves as “alarming infringements” of central bank independence that could lead to “politicisation of the exchange rate”.

“Germany is the country whose exports have benefited most from the euro area’s fixed exchange rate system. He’s not in a position to criticise,” Mr Amari said.

Shinzo Abe, Japan’s new prime minister, has piled pressure on the Bank of Japan to take more aggressive action to tackle the deflation that has plagued the economy for two decades. That effort is seen as a primary cause of the yen’s 10 per cent drop against the dollar and 14 per cent tumble against the euro since November, when the election that brought the new government to power was called.

On Tuesday, the Japanese central bank succumbed to the political pressure by extending indefinitely its programme of buying up government bonds and set a target of achieving 2 per cent inflation, strengthening what had been a flexible “goal” of 1 per cent.

Mr Amari denied that the recent Japanese moves were designed specifically to weaken the yen. He said they were aimed at boosting the domestic economy and reversing the mild consumer-price deflation that has dogged Japan since the bubble burst.

“The market is in the process of correcting on its own from an excessively strong yen,” he said. “We aren’t guiding it, we aren’t doing anything.”

Michael Meister, a senior member of Germany’s ruling Christian Democratic Union, responded to the Bank of Japan decision by saying Germany might seek support from fellow G20 nations to pressure Japan to reverse course. Sir Mervyn King, Bank of England governor, also warned of the risk of competitive currency devaluations – dubbed “currency wars” since the US adopted unorthodox measures to ease monetary policy in 2010.

when asked for comments NVP quipped "People in Glass houses"..........

I wish I would have read this before I decided to take a short on GBP/JPY.. lol

hey dude...TRADE WHAT YOU SEE

if it was a good signal and you are confident in your system then stay with it ......all systems incur losses at some time or another as the markets have untradable periods .....all the time

I am sick of Marketeers and Millionaire traders telling us their wonder systems provide profitabity 24/7.....jees what a farce

the best any robust and profitable system can provide is adequate protection keeping you out of those periods of chop and low volatility.....but thats avoiding losses and not generating positive pips as these millionaire traders wonder systems claim they can do

all hot air gang ......and believe me I have looked at them all over the years !

read the many many threads here at T2W where people offer up questions regarding the latest training acadamy or system ......and learn from the feedback well ....even if the old crusties (like me) do not heap scorn immediately on the product, Trader or service we will certainly tell you to step away, do your own (Freeish) research and take the time to find your path......

no one will do it for you .....you are not a Bank or Hedge fund with millions at your disposal to do it !

and if you are.....please contact me at [email protected] as I could do with a new job ......hahahaha !

N

Last edited:
mornin all

well the Yen is retreating now considerably (left chart 4Hr TF) and in fact we have the NZD in the main ascent there......as one would finally expect given the recent continued Dow rise

meanwhile last/overnight the CAD got clobbered and we see that collapse of the Yen .......more recently I like the look of the Euros rise.....hmmmm

still offline during the day .......so trying to sort later
N

Attachments

• euro ascent.jpg
    euro ascent.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 140
for example the volatility of the G8 finally hit acceptable levels for me from 6.15am this morning ........(after a break since peaking around 2-3am) and has risen nicely so i am in combat mode ....

why trade if the volatility isnt evident in the Market ?........dont throw the bait in till the fish arrive

N

Attachments

• volatility picks up.jpg
    volatility picks up.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 149
nope - tried everything this morning including loading firefox at work.........

so no trades/comments here until I return home tonight

N

Hi composer

I think I saw your Request for where to find instructions and guidance

1) go to the signature area below and you will be guided to the basic strategy and document
2) this thread pretty much comments on the same settings/Strategy every day

20ma delta 1 FXcorrealtor
dow jones with a 20 sma line

these are simple rules that can be adapted to your own ideas .........I am a big fan in teaching people some basic ideas and then letting them loose.......we are all different and I am not you and you are not me .............we all have our own little paths to walk in trading and i am just offering some ideas on one area - using forex strengthmeters and simple intermarket correlation

also go to my Videos on youtube....(FXcorreIator.com channel)

I need to get a few more in there.... but I am pretty much doing the same now on this thread as the videos from last 2 years ......and I am going to drop some videos in from My VIP course last year as a bonus soon....

I have a website - FXcorrelator.com but a few issues with developers at the moment so apologies if it shows up with malware issues (long story)

ask questions here !
N

hey all.....(y)

well well well ......the indicators went ballistic around lunchtime eh !

Explosive Divergence on Euro/GBP........everyone else was sat in the middle of the scrap :eek:

if I had been trading (I am stuggling at the moment re screen access) I would have gone E/J buy as it was following the Dow climb......yes I know the USD was still a little bullish but the Dow / Euro and Yen were playing fair......

remember I said this recently ...the Yen is the player at the moment ....it is rocking on a daily basis so go with it when it moves .....:cool:

and no - on the 15m TF I dont advocate trading non USD/Yen pairings but thats me ........higher Timeframes I do with some of my Basket style systems but not 15m ....its too fast and furious so I keep it to 1-2 pair trades on max .....

later
N

Attachments

• pow.jpg
    pow.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 104
hey all

well heres the Week on the 1hr 20ma setting.....

I see the dow holding/climbing every day so far and adding over 100 points to the tally.....
I see the Yen acting like a roller coaster.....
I see the Euro as the other currency this week rocking and rolling....and always opposing the Yen
The Correlation of USD and Yen continues to dissapoint......

Todays action

Check the Economic releases

outside of the aboves impact I feel that :-
Dow may consolidate today into the weekend (watch tests of 13,800 level)
If so we will see sells on E/J as traders take profits...

until then the Dow bull march continues so trade what you see on 15m's

later :smart:
N

Attachments

• the week on the 1hr TF 20ma.jpg
    the week on the 1hr TF 20ma.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 120
if you were trading more longer TF heres the 4hr on a 20/3 setting....

you would certainly be short Yen and long Euro ......and no sign of that divergence easing yet .......

Dow is piling north still........look at that dude go !

again the correlation on USD and Yen is very dissapointing ......but I never said rules last forever .......i like Yen and USD together as a tag team ...but I would have been sitting on my hands for the last 2 weeks waiting for that marriage...

But when correlation returns it will be very profitable on that pattern

N

Attachments

• 4hr signals.jpg
    4hr signals.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 107
Gold is a one way ticket to the stars isnt it ?

thats what every other junk e-mail says from the gold bugs and market experts ....right ? :whistling

what about treating it like any other market and trading what you see ? :sneaky:

I see bearish activity in last few days ......only Yen has been weaker than "absolute" Gold (4hr chart), and with USD so strong its been a 100% sell signal on XAU/USD for me ....

heres the Free Goldmeter (4hr and 1hr charts) see the signature area for how to use it :smart:
N

Attachments

• goldmeter.jpg
    goldmeter.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 115
  • sell gold.jpg
    sell gold.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 142
hey all

well heres the Week on the 1hr 20ma setting.....

I see the dow holding/climbing every day so far and adding over 100 points to the tally.....
I see the Yen acting like a roller coaster.....
I see the Euro as the other currency this week rocking and rolling....and always opposing the Yen
The Correlation of USD and Yen continues to dissapoint......

Todays action

Check the Economic releases

outside of the aboves impact I feel that :-
Dow may consolidate today into the weekend (watch tests of 13,800 level)
If so we will see sells on E/J as traders take profits...

until then the Dow bull march continues so trade what you see on 15m's

later :smart:
N

ok - Dow futures marched right up to recent highs and the e/J is still in Bull mode

on the 15m (Below) with USD below the Zero alongside the Yen it is a no brainer still chasing those Euro buys .......and the grey Swissie today

GBP's GDP (eh !).......was pants ... (n)

no surprises there , but selling GBP into a bearish yen and USD dont pay the rent....the Euro is the buy currently in all timeframes (see earlier posts)

lets see what happens now as we head towards US opening...

gonna be interesting today :smart:
N

Attachments

• watch the Dow line.jpg
    watch the Dow line.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 112
I see I have 30+ viewing today .........thanks !

welcome all....hope the comments deliver you a few ideas and at least keep you out of bad trades

join T2W and then feel free to ask questions here....someone will always be around to help you as I have a lot of experienced traders who pop in from time to time and provide good commentary and advice alongside my ramblings .......

N

Good Euro buys on on the 15min against both USD and JPY this morning. Bit before i get to the computer unfortunately.

Good Euro buys on on the 15min against both USD and JPY this morning. Bit before i get to the computer unfortunately.

ive been having trouble all week accessing screens to trade .......better today though :smart:

N

ive been talking E/J for a while this week......

heres the 4hr TF on a 20/3 setting......

anyone get near to calling the top of the Yen ?

hats off if you did .....thats class !

N

Attachments

• calling the top.jpg
    calling the top.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 114
Ej still coming .......

Attachments

• E J still coming.jpg
    E J still coming.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 114
hey all......

as proceedings for the week start to close out it would seem that
Dow Resistance line is holding firm...

as mentioned earlier today I really suspect that the Dow will soften into last few hours and we get a little action buying YEN and USD

but as I always say .......trade what you see ..the above is merely conjecture

have a good evening
N

Attachments

• dow holding.jpg
    dow holding.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 125
hey all.......

15m TF (20/1) right chart
4hr TF (20/3) left chart

well the Dow didnt falter into the night.....but the USD and Yen did hold north as promised

CAD took a major hit into that last session if you were looking for a trade

is that the Yen faltering on the left chart.....will it go as deep as the 9th Dec's plunge ?

I dont know.....no one does ....thats why just trade what you see and dont bother spouting hot air on big predictions (unless someone is stupid enough to pay you to do it :cool: )

N

Attachments

• USD and YEN held.jpg
    USD and YEN held.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 134