Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

aah the joys of Technology

work have installed some new Explorer software / Firewalls

I now need to bribe my IT guy to get my remote home/screens access back around the system

talk amongst yourselves today .........
N

Last edited:
hmmmmmmm

not going well.........I wont be accessing today and need to take a look at home computers later

if anyone wants to post a 15m TF FXCorrelator & Dow for the day so far we can all take a look .......otherwise I am pretty stuffed today re access

N

Finally back home....

well thanks for the help guys.......

look at what I was missing .......2 huge Yen sells ........:eek:

boohoo :cry:
N

Attachments

• easy street.jpg
    easy street.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 101
Apologies, NVP - missed the call to action. For future reference I know how to use the Word7 Snip tool on my desktop but after that... anyway perhaps I can practice?

Apologies, NVP - missed the call to action. For future reference I know how to use the Word7 Snip tool on my desktop but after that... anyway perhaps I can practice?

Hey Hamish / all

I have nearly 500,000 views on this thread so I can assure you i was not just targeting you regarding yesterdays activities ....I have a few other interested followers ;)

I really encourage everyone to throw comments and charts onto this thread .....the only current reason it remains sustainable is that I use it as a record of my own trading journey - and I can see what was happening if I need to refer to a day or week etc in the last few years

please everyone feel free to use this thread ......I have never ever meant it to be such a solo act as it usualy appears to be :cool:

also - all the guests we get here are 1000% welcome ....but you will never become a trader (or anything in life) if you stand on the sidelines.....so join up and get involved ! :smart:

N

Last edited:
heres the week.....

see how Yen got hammered yesterday of the Dow rises.....its a volatile SOB at the moment ..........in fact the Euro and Yen are hogging most of the G8 volatility at the moment

clue - whilst individual currency direction is important (obviously) a lot of my focus is always on relative volatility in currencies (and in fact the G8 combined).....I watch for this and respond accordingly on increasing volatility curves off of any recent lows.....

anyway I am figuring the Dow has to now prove if It can take out that recent high yesterday ........Traders will watch this test closely & adjust Stops to protect the weeks gains :smart:

so thats the key as usual........ i am watching the Dow for clues

good trading (y)
N

Attachments

• the week.jpg
    the week.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 137
thanks to Hamish again for the recent correspondance and help to me .........Hamish please please feel free to post and contribute here as your knowledge of Trading is very very welcome here !

in the last few years I have been very fortunate on this thread to attract some very very good Traders to comment and help at times

N

Last edited:
heres 2013 Gold (See my Free system in the signature area)

I do tire of the experts market commentaries ........gold is this.... .indians bought that .......the chinese stockpiled that ......Gold is a commodity and not a currency...zzzz:sleep:

chart it , watch it , trade what you see .....thats it ..,,,

leave the rhetoric to journalists and Economists and Crystal ball gazers ....(clue - its what they do to earn money - your money !:cool:)

anyway 2013 is swings and roundabouts ......the ticks show where this very simple 20ma default version was signalling to trade.......you attack when gold gets more volatile than any of the G8 AND if USD is opposing it.....(is that cross correct ? - is that last tick questionable ?.......what could you add to the system to overide the USD's strength?)

Trading is not rocket science - work hard to get a solid consistent system , get the Execution 100% right 100% of the time and then knuckle down to achieving the (large) sample size of Trades required to generate the consistent profitability ........

later :smart:
N

Attachments

• 2013 gold.jpg
    2013 gold.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 182
nothing on the 15m's at the moment .......and my volatility meters tell me its still pretty quiet .....going to step away for a while

N

what is the Swissie doing ?...

it disconnected a little more overnight from euro peg ....

ok its disconnected since about the 8th Jan but whos counting ?

Attachments

• divorce.jpg
    divorce.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 151
I suppose the Swiss cant believe their luck.......jees they've bought enough Euros previously to start a new EU !

N

heres the week.....

anyway I am figuring the Dow has to now prove if It can take out that recent high yesterday ........Traders will watch this test closely & adjust Stops to protect the weeks gains :smart:

so thats the key as usual........ i am watching the Dow for clues

good trading (y)
N

well here we are .....the vertical lines were around the time of my earlier comments above

Yep - the Dow did not go further north and we got some nice sells on the Europeans

I went as soon as I saw the big 15m Bear bar on Dow and Yen and USD got north.......if you had waited for the Dow to get back below its 20 sma you were waaaaay to late for the party :cool:

N

Attachments

• moves since 730 ish.jpg
    moves since 730 ish.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 168
more Dow attacks ....Europeans still coming south nicely

N

Attachments

• Dow still under attack.jpg
    Dow still under attack.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 134
First of all can i say that its a very interesting thread and actually very similar to what i am doing. I have been looking at your correlator for the past few days and it looks good. Today is definately a day for shorts against the yen and usd but i also notice what seems to be a signal to get long, which would have cost you. At 13:30 there is a bullishdow bar that closes above the ma. At the same time the usd joins the yen south of the 0 line and the euro & aud closes above. surely a signal to go long several possible pairs. Would you have taken this?

First of all can i say that its a very interesting thread and actually very similar to what i am doing. I have been looking at your correlator for the past few days and it looks good. Today is definately a day for shorts against the yen and usd but i also notice what seems to be a signal to get long, which would have cost you. At 13:30 there is a bullishdow bar that closes above the ma. At the same time the usd joins the yen south of the 0 line and the euro & aud closes above. surely a signal to go long several possible pairs. Would you have taken this?

Hey M

thanks for the kind input.........(y)

firstly this thread only touches the edges of what is possible using Strengthmeter trading techniques and dynamics combined with inter-market correlation

the 20ma default FXCorrelator setting + Dow correlation system here is very very basic and for introduction purposes only for readers .......

it is fairly robust but clearly as you point out there will be many false or unproductive signals as part of the game .......

I would urge people not to just look at % win rates on Trading signals here (and on any Trading system) but to also incorporate very robust mm and risk strategies to ensure the losers are cut quickly and the winners are left to run and run .....as thats the secretto longer tem profitability

I would love you to share as much knowledge here with us as you can ......although we will undertand that some things are confidential and proprietry (as I must confess of the many things I do not share either here)

Regards :smart:
N

hi guys, i am new in that forum but i am totally lost in that strategy. i dont know where to start because i am not able to find any instructions, indicators or anything.
in that forum FXCorrelator - Scalping system - Page 2 @ Forex Factory
i saw that post and thought there must be given some videos with explanation but the link given there isnt working. can pls. anyone help me out here?
thanks a bunch.