Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

see ?.............crazy day :eek:

N

Attachments

• yen madness.jpg
    yen madness.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 141
having said that...........volatility is the oxygen of trading so if you want action then pile on in

just know what you are doing

N

Hey Neil, if you can get those Swiss gnomes to starting flogging their currency, I'd appreciate it! My system went short the CHF yesterday after the news on the SNB - I didn't realise the system was reading headlines - but of course the only move it caught was the retrace. :whistling

hey A

thats bad luck......the move on the swissie was expected but looks like the yen brigade took the high ground and created a wall of money buying into other currencies

and doing well by it actually

the swissie will fall.......(unfortunately as its my buy tip for 2nd half 2011)

N

lunchtime just predow opening

very very tricky......

so the 80/20 system (on 5 mins anyway) keeps us out of the
markets generally :smart:

N

Attachments

• signal.jpg
    signal.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 161
Shame! I thought you had Swiss contacts? ;) I'm still risking a lot on the EUR/CHF and GBP/CHF and CAD/CHF.

I already got stopped out of CHF/JPY and AUD/JPY trades.

I came out evens though so far because the other yen shorts that hit target.

:LOL:?

I think you can move certain code into a .DLL file as decompile protection btw

hey W... all

I'm pm'ing with GG53 at the moment regarding some of his ideas on weighting
the Fxcorrelator (or indeed on his own version)

an interesting approach , and I always like pulling things apart a little to see what falls out at the bottom......which is usually useful (y)

thats his shop above I believe but I have no idea of the settings etc etc or what he is testing....and its only testing I suspect as we all do a lot of the time as researchers

the market is brutal today as I warned earlier so its tough on a lot of systems

The 80/20 on the 5 mins is generally sitting it out (if anyone is using it) although some great sells signalled on the AUD and NZD in last hour or so :smart:

dow is caving caving caving !!!

N

Shame! I thought you had Swiss contacts? ;) I'm still risking a lot on the EUR/CHF and GBP/CHF and CAD/CHF.

I already got stopped out of CHF/JPY and AUD/JPY trades.

I came out evens though so far because the other yen shorts that hit target.

I do visit there occasionally on business but only to support their beer industry by paying £10 a pint :p

N

hey W... all

I'm pm'ing with GG53 at the moment regarding some of his ideas on weighting
the Fxcorrelator (or indeed on his own version)

an interesting approach , and I always like pulling things apart a little to see what falls out at the bottom......which is usually useful (y)

thats his shop above I believe but I have no idea of the settings etc etc or what he is testing....and its only testing I suspect as we all do a lot of the time as researchers

the market is brutal today as I warned earlier so its tough on a lot of systems

The 80/20 on the 5 mins is generally sitting it out (if anyone is using it) although some great sells signalled on the AUD and NZD in last hour or so :smart:

dow is caving caving caving !!!

N

Hi N,

I'm sure GG's idea is valuable, it's just funny to see "amazing accuracy" and a blown up account in the same post :eek:.

Keep us updated,

~WW

Last edited:
Hi N,

I'm sure GG's idea is valuable, it's just funny to see "amazing accuracy" and a blown up account in the same post :eek:.

Keep us updated,

~WW

yep...............we all make crazy statements at times :p

N

like my continued comment over the last year or so that the euro will implode.......

crazy just crazy

N

markets fall .......and the 80/20 calmly picks up some nice trades overnight ;)

N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 157
heres the asian session ...............choppy choppy means the 80/20 does not signal ;)

it really is quite a nice little plodding/steady system and I recommend anyone trialing it to get the first steps on understanding the power of strengthmeters

they are a realistic and unique alternative approach to trading currencies and for me the ONLY way to understand currency dynamics

and its all here loadable for free below ;)

NVP

Attachments

• asian session.jpg
    asian session.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 150
this is how we do it ......and have been for nearly 2 years now

hey all

spooky - I finally got to watch Wall street 2 last night (money never sleeps)

then I wake up this morning and it was not a dream !

N

if anyone has seen it....heres a silly bit when charlie sheen appears as a much cooler and looser bud Fox with 2 women on his arm....or was that just the Charlie from two and a half men ??

hey all

spooky - I finally got to watch Wall street 2 last night (money never sleeps)

then I wake up this morning and it was not a dream !

N

if anyone has seen it....heres a silly bit when charlie sheen appears as a much cooler and looser bud Fox with 2 women on his arm....or was that just the Charlie from two and a half men ??

Hi N,

good question :LOL: .. i think it should be Bud

I know I said the swissie would do well in the second half of the year....but this is getting silly :eek:

look at the 1 hourly's on a 500ma corrie

pace yourself man :mad:

N

Attachments

• swissie power.jpg
    swissie power.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 125