Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

It's been many a moon since I posted on this thread. Where does the time go? (Rhetorical question!!):)

I'm delighted to see that the thread continues to be well supported and Neil is still, unselfishly, helping others to try and profit from the forex markets, using Corrie. All who have subscribed to this thread, over the years, should be grateful to Neil for sharing Corrie with us. It's not the HG but, it is a very useful trading tool. Imho, it is more effective on the longer tfs (1 hr+)

hey Alan

thanks for the best wishes my friend (y)

hope all is well with you and the handicap is going down......:p

for readers of the thread you will see the many valuable contributions Alan made back in the early days .....

Respect
N

well so far 60 pipes on GBP/CHF NOT BAD STILL RISING ON 1 HR CHART wowwwww since the morning incredibable

B you sly dog you......:cool:

on higher TF's more combo's are possible although I restrict myself to trading the usd and Yen on the low TF's I teach here :smart:

N

Jees......

those asian sessions always deliver........(y)

N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 161
I missed some big trades at 9am on the G/U as I was travelling to work. Oh well there is always next time.

second phase in london morning session of buying the usd and yen happening...... (y)

Nice steady morning on the FXcorrelator 80/20 system :smart:

N

Attachments

• lunchtime.jpg
    lunchtime.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 134
It looks like the AUD/USD is lining it self up for a convergence trade soon

hey At

check out my comments from page 775 onwards

heres my view on the 5 min charts using a 500ma setting

Sure - Aussie D is certainly tanking south and now in oversold area for me

but its only registering a 2.5 bandwidth deviation to usd so not really on my radar............its at 3.5 for yen but even so I prefer 4 bandwidths minimum to check out any convergence plays

thats not to say they wont though......just my opinion looking for high % trades

also if dow starts rising soon I may eyeball those pairs again :smart:

N
obo

Attachments

• touchdown aussid.jpg
    touchdown aussid.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 126
heres an example form last week

not perfect as it was over the weekend so I would not have traded it

N

Attachments

• convergence trade.jpg
    convergence trade.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 117
and they are very very tempremental.........:whistling

N

Attachments

• convergence trade.jpg
    convergence trade.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 135
heres another painful hunt on GBPCHF in june :smart:

it went to 5+

I havnt checked but I would be looking for dow falls to fuel that particular
convergence trade

N

Attachments

• gbpchf convergence.jpg
    gbpchf convergence.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 139
I suppose I shouldn't be to hasty, hopefully the DOW rises and that should put me in

wow have you see the NZ so far 60 pipes still raising wowwww what a day, last nigth was USD/CHF 202340847 2011.06.01 13:55 sell 1.00 usdchf 0.84506 0.83635 0.00000 2011.06.07 22:23 0.83635 0.00 0.00 -3.47 1 041.43
unbelievable men you the best no one can bet you with they $ 5000 crap method thanks again men we need too drink champagne.

overnights :smart:

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 173
wow have you see the NZ so far 60 pipes still raising wowwww what a day, last nigth was USD/CHF 202340847 2011.06.01 13:55 sell 1.00 usdchf 0.84506 0.83635 0.00000 2011.06.07 22:23 0.83635 0.00 0.00 -3.47 1 041.43
unbelievable men you the best no one can bet you with they $ 5000 crap method thanks again men we need too drink champagne.

hey B

wow .............if you got that trade I salute you (y)

N

Attachments

• yesteday.jpg
    yesteday.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 132
heres the 1 hour charts

I talk a little here sometimes about if you can take a less that 100% signal

there are 6 signals we need to trade a 100% correlation 80/20 signal :-

Dow verses its 80sma and 20sma
USD verses its 80 and 20 ma
YEN verses its 80 and 20ma

excluding the opposing currency pair trade

But you could take a 5 from 6 signal if you want and you can see on the attachment those 2 (80%) trades were devastating ones........and if you look you will also see the pure 100% signal was a 80% signal and profitable before it activated !

why ?...............because actually in some situations the 80% signal gets you in early and not when the final 100% signal arrives when things can be very quickly mature and start breaking up

this is not unique to the FXcorrelator and is a generic issue re any trading signal

Risk more chop or possibly miss the party ?:smart:

N

Attachments

• 1 hours.jpg
    1 hours.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
ok gotta scoot............5 mins are in combat mode with 100% signal (y)

N

Attachments

• in combat.jpg
    in combat.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 155
hey b

wow .............if you got that trade i salute you (y)
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
N

yes i did was just getting too bed the check it before falling a sleep wowwww bingo just got it on time the did step up reverse living the pc on wake up then another 25 pipes you are a genius cannot wait the new version too paye no problems the my worry over many thanks
gilbert