Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

jees i missed a brilliant Corrie action day (y)

N :smart:

Attachments

• todays action  .jpg
    todays action .jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 198
Just noticed your post (y)

hey Jason

I use ODL/FXCM in the uk ......i'm a Full account holder so live charts being used not on the the demo platform

we have global followers here and I wanted to confirm

1) where the FXCM platfom is available globally
2) that the main G8 main currencies are available everywhere
3) and who can get the Dow (us30-gbp chart on uk platform) in their repective county

I have some simple charts here for free but have more integrated personal indicators that will need the Dow chart available for followers (futures like the uk) when I decide to finally publish my ideas and indicators in next few months

N

Hey all

I am aware of the number of people that visit my humble thread.......

it is batting 175,000+ views and is now up there with the greats like the 3 ducks system thread (of which I am a big big fan by the way !)

I am also aware of the many many requests I get to finally launch something and get everything is one place to spread the word and help newbies and experienced correlators to increase their knowledge and profitability :-

I am planning a Forum style approach working with a close friend who is very IT literate and will run the shop while I contribute the content...........to include :-

Fully documented Systems/indicators and instructions (the FREE 80ma/20ma is one of many I use)

Market commentaries and analysis (all timeframes and currencies)

Q&A areas for discussions and advancement of new ideas

Video Channel exclusively to Forum members

Guest areas and guest systems (of which I know there are many now using the FXcorrelator)

Alert systems and services

and perhaps one day even a trading room

So please tell me here what you want to see and I will try to incorporate in the planning phase now

thanks to M for kicking me in the butt and getting this moving again

NVP

DONT panic - I will still post here fo free on the T2W forum !!!

Last edited:
heres another butt kicking week from the FREE 1 hour 80/20 system (y)

N

Attachments

• the week.jpg
    the week.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 192
hey all

heres the 4hourly's to see the larger trends ......big push up currently on yen and usd :smart:

and please tell me you see the BIG sell currency ?

NVP

Attachments

• 4 hour TF.jpg
    4 hour TF.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 190
Hey all

I am aware of the number of people that visit my humble thread.......

it is batting 175,000+ views and is now up there with the greats like the 3 ducks system thread (of which I am a big big fan by the way !)

I am also aware of the many many requests I get to finally launch something and get everything is one place to spread the word and help newbies and experienced correlators to increase their knowledge and profitability :-

I am planning a Forum style approach working with a close friend who is very IT literate and will run the shop while I contribute the content...........to include :-

Fully documented Systems/indicators and instructions (the FREE 80ma/20ma is one of many I use)

Market commentaries and analysis (all timeframes and currencies)

Q&A areas for discussions and advancement of new ideas

Video Channel exclusively to Forum members

Guest areas and guest systems (of which I know there are many now using the FXcorrelator)

Alert systems and services

and perhaps one day even a trading room

So please tell me here what you want to see and I will try to incorporate in the planning phase now

thanks to M for kicking me in the butt and getting this moving again

NVP

DONT panic - I will still post here fo free on the T2W forum !!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap:Yipee. Thank you! I'm gonna hang out to see its fruition.

hey all

overnights a little slow but still pippy's were there buying AUD into the tag team :smart:

good ole corrie keeps you in the mix

N

Attachments

• 5 mins overnights.jpg
    5 mins overnights.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Hey all

I recognise that a lot of you want more information and exact rules for the ideas I present here so i am working on that over next few months as a private forum where all we do is talk corrie....and believe me the stuff here on this thread is the tip of the iceberg :cool:

meanwhile in the interim its important to remember that the FREE FXcorrelator here is just a tool for you to study and then adapt to suit your own preferences and trading styles / strategies......thats why I make no apologies for my loose approach to setting exact rules and procesdures....its intensely personal how you must evolve your style

you may find that blind following of corrie MA's is nonsense and prefer to use price action (support Resistance) levels and breaches to trade signals - so use a 500+ ma setting and perhaps my templates for bandwidths

you may decide on other MA or TF combinations that work for you.....80/20 is just my core strategy here and yes I use many other variations based on the prevailing market dynamics or even individual currency dynamics - youve guessed surely by now that the GBP does not behave like the AUD for example (unless its drugged and asleep :p) .

you may think my hypothesis That the Yen and USD moving together is garbage and chose to follow other currency combinations for signals.....thats fine with me (y)

you may think that using the dow as a correlating market tool to the yen and usd is also garbage and that other markets or indeed no market confirmation is needed......please please do so with my blessing :D

so think of this thread and the humble indicators as a platform for you all to show yourself what is possible (with research, practice and experience)as a way to firstly understand the dynamics of the forex market - and then to apply that knowledge and vision to create and deliver profitable Trading strategies

The beauty of this approach is that it adapts as the Markets adapts - something that ultimately kills off most decent trading systems (based on static formulas) if you look back over the years

NVP:smart:

Last edited:
mornings fun....:smart:

n

Attachments

• morning action.jpg
    morning action.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 156
sorry - I may not be posting as much as usual whilst I create the other forum

some of you are really cracking the whip to get me Finally to do this......so thanks but be gentle with me as I have the attention span of a fly and I am easily sidetracked :innocent:

hahahaha
N

we have global followers here and I wanted to confirm

1) where the FXCM platfom is available globally
2) that the main G8 main currencies are available everywhere
3) and who can get the Dow (us30-gbp chart on uk platform) in their repective county

I have some simple charts here for free but have more integrated personal indicators that will need the Dow chart available for followers (futures like the uk) when I decide to finally publish my ideas and indicators in next few months

FXCM can accept clients from most of the countries in the world. The application page has a drop down menu listing the countries that can open http://www.fxcm.co.uk/open-forex-account.jsp. If we are unable to accept clients from a particular country, then it is due to regulations. For example, the US government prohibits us from accepting clients from Belarus, Cuba, Ivory Coast, Iran, Liberia, Myanmar, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, and Zimbabwe. Additionally, we are unable to accept clients from Brazil, South Korea, and British Columbia since their local regulations would require us to be registered with the local regulator in order to accept clients from that particular country/region. Also, residents of some countries have to go through particular FXCM entities. For example, residents of the US have to open through FXCM.com whereas residents of Australia open through FXCM Australia. Whenever you select the country on the application, it will access the proper application. It can get a little complicated due to regulations :)

The only currency we do not trade out of the G8 is the Russian Ruble. Here's a list of the currencies traded with FXCM (in no particular order): USD, EUR, GBP, JPY, CAD, AUD, CHF, NZD, SEK, NOK, DKK, MXN, ZAR, SGD, HKD, and TRY.

The US30 (Dow CFD) is available to anyone except residents of the United States and its territories. This is due to US regulations. US residents could still open a demo with the US30 chart. They just can't access it in a live account.

-Jason

hey Jason - thats verrrry interesting

no wonder my US viewers give me grief regarding the Dow !

N

latest action..........and the europeans were the recent fall guys

chop coming ? :smart:

Attachments

• updated action.jpg
    updated action.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 166
Hey all

I recognise that a lot of you want more information and exact rules for the ideas I present here so i am working on that over next few months as a private forum where all we do is talk corrie....and believe me the stuff here on this thread is the tip of the iceberg :cool:

meanwhile in the interim its important to remember that the FREE FXcorrelator here is just a tool for you to study and then adapt to suit your own preferences and trading styles / strategies......thats why I make no apologies for my loose approach to setting exact rules and procesdures....its intensely personal how you must evolve your style

you may find that blind following of corrie MA's is nonsense and prefer to use price action (support Resistance) levels and breaches to trade signals - so use a 500+ ma setting and perhaps my templates for bandwidths

you may decide on other MA or TF combinations that work for you.....80/20 is just my core strategy here and yes I use many other variations based on the prevailing market dynamics or even individual currency dynamics - youve guessed surely by now that the GBP does not behave like the AUD for example (unless its drugged and asleep :p) .

you may think my hypothesis That the Yen and USD moving together is garbage and chose to follow other currency combinations for signals.....thats fine with me (y)

you may think that using the dow as a correlating market tool to the yen and usd is also garbage and that other markets or indeed no market confirmation is needed......please please do so with my blessing :D

so think of this thread and the humble indicators as a platform for you all to show yourself what is possible (with research, practice and experience)as a way to firstly understand the dynamics of the forex market - and then to apply that knowledge and vision to create and deliver profitable Trading strategies

The beauty of this approach is that it adapts as the Markets adapts - something that ultimately kills off most decent trading systems (based on static formulas) if you look back over the years

NVP:smart:

Well written and well said.