Eh. ?

Apologies all. - have never tried to belittle people here

Just encourage some wider reading

-- -i. dont have aall the answers.

No one has. !!

Apologies
N

hey all,

as N said, it is all about encourage (also my "no excuses" sentence should be meaned as a motivational stuff)

K

hey all

will try to catch up later today and drop a few bits in....please ask any questions again on the 80/20 system and I will try to answer them - although I repeat again these will be my own observations and please do not treat these as the diffinitive truth......as the truth is what you see and not what I see

I really really try to encourage experimentation as it is a great learning tool - and everything takes time to research and learn.......(unfortunately)

I have been involved in trading markets (on and off) since the late 70's (albeit as a spotty back office administrator on shells trading floor).............and after my more recent layoff to spend time with family during the early/mid 2000's on my return I revisited everthing I had learnt and attacked the intenet again to look at what was out there.........and I have to say that some of it stuck in my brain and (finally) made some sence.........so for me its taken time and going around the block a few times !

For example - even now I am currently checking some work from an excellent russian guy who is doing some programming work for me and it is freaking me out a bit

why ?..........because I was experimenting with multiple questions and requests and he has provided the answers to me in chart form ..............and to be honest I have no idea if its what I asked for at the moment as I have nothin to compare it to or a reference point............hahahahaha !!

N

:LOL::LOL:
hey all

will try to catch up later today and drop a few bits in....please ask any questions again on the 80/20 system and I will try to answer them - although I repeat again these will be my own observations and please do not treat these as the diffinitive truth......as the truth is what you see and not what I see

I really really try to encourage experimentation as it is a great learning tool - and everything takes time to research and learn.......(unfortunately)

I have been involved in trading markets (on and off) since the late 70's (albeit as a spotty back office administrator on shells trading floor).............and after my more recent layoff to spend time with family during the early/mid 2000's on my return I revisited everthing I had learnt and attacked the intenet again to look at what was out there.........and I have to say that some of it stuck in my brain and (finally) made some sence.........so for me its taken time and going around the block a few times !

For example - even now I am currently checking some work from an excellent russian guy who is doing some programming work for me and it is freaking me out a bit

why ?..........because I was experimenting with multiple questions and requests and he has provided the answers to me in chart form ..............and to be honest I have no idea if its what I asked for at the moment as I have nothin to compare it to or a reference point............hahahahaha !!

N

Hi guys,
I'm reading and reading and there is so many different ways one can go with this thing. I just can't get over it.

How do you decide which method is best for you? I'm trying different things that I've learned, today wasn't such a hot day to try out scalping....lol.... I did do okay on two but then I backtracked in a big hurry. Should have just stopped, but nooooooo. LOL.

I mean as far as different perspectives, you can't really do them all, unless you have 3 or 4 computers going all at once. Does it make sense to choose one way over another? Just wondering.

Oh and btw, no one said anything about belittle. Let's just move forwards. You teach, I learn. Happy to be a student in here.

Hi Maggieo,
i've read and read and read and have never found a good way of winning, be it only occasionally. Corrie is a beautiful tool. I think it's one of the best if not the best. I'm experimenting with it but as with all tools, it's very much psychological. I've found that with time, my confidence has increased as has also my "pain"level.

I went long this morning on Eur/USD cos my daily 80 chart looked OK and the 30 min 20 looked OK too, whereas the 5 and 15 mins looked a mess. At one time I was at - 20 and at the moment I'm at +25;

Just had a wee peep and I've hit my tp level at 1.4597 (+29 pips). Nothing extraordinary but pleasing all the same.

In answer to your question "how do you decide which method is best for you", I've got no answer, except whatever you decide on, you've got to feel comfortable with it. At the moment I use the full daily 80ma chart for direction and the 15 or 30 20ma chart for entering.

hey all

the 80/20 system supported by the Dow moves is only one of a gazillion ways you can probably use the FXcorrelator

and here it is kicking butt this morning on 5 mins

please Post any thoughts and Ideas here and ask any questions....I or someone will try to answer but we are not gurus ......sadly in this profession far to many people claim to be masters when in fact they are just poorly informed students who believe the exams have been passed :smart:

before i clogged the signature area up with links I had a sweet little saying there that really sums it up in my world

the more I learn the less I know :cool:

N

Attachments

• nice start .jpg
    nice start .jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 145
Hi guys,
I'm reading and reading and there is so many different ways one can go with this thing. I just can't get over it.

How do you decide which method is best for you? I'm trying different things that I've learned, today wasn't such a hot day to try out scalping....lol.... I did do okay on two but then I backtracked in a big hurry. Should have just stopped, but nooooooo. LOL.

I mean as far as different perspectives, you can't really do them all, unless you have 3 or 4 computers going all at once. Does it make sense to choose one way over another? Just wondering.

Oh and btw, no one said anything about belittle. Let's just move forwards. You teach, I learn. Happy to be a student in here.

hey M

theres an old saying from my management consultancy days .....

how do you eat a Chocolate Elephant ? - one piece at a time

in other words I present everyone here with 8 currencies plus my ideas on the Dow etc etc , then I throw in comments re divergence , Convergnce charts, (and even sometimes I talk gold and Oil :eek:)

so thats the biggest Chocolate elephant ive seen for a while eh ?

so break it into chunks

1) pick a few currencies only and hide the rest (using the indicators function box)

2) pick 2 ma's maximum - one fast , one slow

3) dont go mad on timeframes - perhaps even just use 1 for starters 1

one bit at a time.......

N

Hi Maggieo,
i've read and read and read and have never found a good way of winning, be it only occasionally. Corrie is a beautiful tool. I think it's one of the best if not the best. I'm experimenting with it but as with all tools, it's very much psychological. I've found that with time, my confidence has increased as has also my "pain"level.

I went long this morning on Eur/USD cos my daily 80 chart looked OK and the 30 min 20 looked OK too, whereas the 5 and 15 mins looked a mess. At one time I was at - 20 and at the moment I'm at +25;

Just had a wee peep and I've hit my tp level at 1.4597 (+29 pips). Nothing extraordinary but pleasing all the same.

In answer to your question "how do you decide which method is best for you", I've got no answer, except whatever you decide on, you've got to feel comfortable with it. At the moment I use the full daily 80ma chart for direction and the 15 or 30 20ma chart for entering.

Personally.....the 5min is good for the trigger entry's

then if I was being honest i would actually step right up to the 1 hour timeframe (using the 80/20 settings) to look for the signals to be aligned - thats a factor of 12 in terms of scaling up but I like the 1 hours

if you want to cheat a little on the 1 hours you can say allow just 1 of the 80mas on the Corrie to be aligned (but both of the 20's) and just the 20ma on the dow aligned to the 5 min action

but in a perfect world everything s/be lined up on the 1hr and the 5min (low % of signals but good ones !)

N

I saw someone mention indexes and the high TF's

heres my 500ma on a 4hr chart.....which I regard as a pretty close match to most indexes out there (like the USD index)

the USD and Yen have been good sell bets with that generally rising Dow (see second chart)...although the collapse of the Dow in march really hit the Yen 9and CHF)hard north....with the usd managing to stay weak

GBP has not been bad actually considering the pressure on it re austerity measures ....and the Euro after a horrendous early Jan fall has been the buy of the year to date...but for how long ? :smart:

Remember as Traders it is interesting to view the markets and surmise where the currencies will finish at key milestones (like year ends) .....but in all honesty our objective is to trade the movements and trends along that path and not the final outcome

N

Attachments

• the year in 500ma index .jpg
    the year in 500ma index .jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 156
  • dow 4h year to date .jpg
    dow 4h year to date .jpg
    44 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
the GBP is looking very very sick at present on the 5 mins

I know its against the play and I s/be seeking the buys on the G6 currencies vs the tag but I'm watching it like a hawk............especially if the dow finally stalls

forget this if you want to stick to the rules ....theres been plenty of pips this morining on the 5mins to call it a day by now

for anyone interested I would definately take the G sells if it got below the Yen and USD lines on the 80ma chart below (it is already below on the 20ma)...and dow finally slowed/retraced a little

I dont talk much about currency Line crossovers here as thats another part of the game .......I just talk crossing of the currency lines on the Zero and Relative strength to keep it simple and straightforward

N

Attachments

• weak GBP .jpg
    weak GBP .jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
sell G/U below 6470 say .............its gonna collapse but It may bounce up one more time before the falls

see how its all turning ?.....well hopefully ...its early days

Attachments

• be patient .jpg
    be patient .jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 132
and for those of you that like to anticipate the moves

sell the first currency that breaches the 80ma and 20ma LINES of the tag team

see below
N

this is like being ahead of the queue and very risky....but you can bag 5-10 pips and be b/e before any problems if it comes off :eek:

and remember theres no buys now on the G6 as the tag team are well above the Zero on the 20ma anyway

Attachments

• advanced strategies.jpg
    advanced strategies.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 144
gbp is below the yen and USD now on the 80m and 20ma

and Dow is trying to fall a little more

cheapest entry you'll ever get today on g/U if the move through now continues

N

not easy is it ?

gbp bounced north again.....but is still trying to fall now again

well....I did say stick to the core basics :whistling

N

cad is looking good......c'mon dammit someone I like to trade to fall please !!!

now very tricky...

the dow could pop up again in a flash and we are back in buy currencies vs the tag team again !

N

tell me what you see

I see the (sleeping ?) NZD about to go north and the tag team about to pull south again

Dow has held the 12500 line

N

Attachments

• nzd is charging perhaps.jpg
    nzd is charging perhaps.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 120