Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hey M,

what broker do you have ?.. some of them are not providing dow jones, or other indices.. mostly it is called US30, USA30 or DJI30... so open your MT4, press CRTL + M (market window and right click "show all" ... then you search for US30 or something like that).. or click on new chart / indices / us30

now you have opened a new chart window with DOW chart... then you have to set up 2 moving averages:

MT4: instert/ indicators/ trend/ moving average

A) period 20 (yellow or whatever colour you want)
B) period 80 (red)

and than you can start to stare :D

that´s all

K

I use FXDD MT4 and I don't know if they provide this, but you can bet your bippy I'll check. Thanks for the info. Gonna print it out and put it in my mini manual. As always yet another notch up you go. Pretty soon you'll get to the top and I'll have to hurry up and carve out another longer stick so you have more notches to climb, or you'll just topple off the top.

I use FXDD MT4 and I don't know if they provide this, but you can bet your bippy I'll check. Thanks for the info. Gonna print it out and put it in my mini manual. As always yet another notch up you go. Pretty soon you'll get to the top and I'll have to hurry up and carve out another longer stick so you have more notches to climb, or you'll just topple off the top.

JUst checked with an agent. My FXDD account specializes in just currencies and does not provide the Dow chart. He would not reccommend a third party MT4....duh I wonder why not...LOL.

What platform do you use and with whom....I hate to change brokers, it so much to do about it and then I'm without a platform for awhile. Sigh.

JUst checked with an agent. My FXDD account specializes in just currencies and does not provide the Dow chart. He would not reccommend a third party MT4....duh I wonder why not...LOL.

What platform do you use and with whom....I hate to change brokers, it so much to do about it and then I'm without a platform for awhile. Sigh.

hey M,

wait..you don´t have to change your broker... everything you have to do is open a (ie Admiral Markets, XTB etc) demo account. They should have a couple of indices, US30 including. You can watch and check out there US30 and you can make trades via your live account.

Don´t solve easy things by complicated way.

;)

K

:love::innocent:
check this out.. scroll down and you will find there US30

http://www.xtb.co.uk/our-offer/forex

it take a few minutes to create a demo account

http://www.xtb.co.uk/our-offer/open-a-free-demo-account#1

and no.. i´m not a xtb agent :)

btw. don´t forget, fx corrie indicator can be used only on broker who has all 28 pairs (xtb doesn´t - ie nzd/cad is missing)... watch there only US30 chart :)

K
Oh man, you've just fallen off the top of the notches, luckily I caught you and I'll be making you another stick to climb on. Nah forget it! You're my hero. LOL.

:love::innocent:
Oh man, you've just fallen off the top of the notches, luckily I caught you and I'll be making you another stick to climb on. Nah forget it! You're my hero. LOL.

Ok I have a candlestick chart? I can't use the Corrie in here? I'm using the online platform because my pop up blocker isn't allowing me to download. I guess I need to turn that off. But meanwhile as I'm doing this. If I can't put the Corrie in, what am I watching.

I'm inclined to agree with Banawa. These correlations graphs are pretty new for me and I'm still trying to sort things out for myself.

for instance, I've got 2 complete graphs, one on daily and one on 5 mins. The daily tells me to buy € and sell USD or Yen. the 5 mins seems to tell me it's not a very good idea at the moment. Same for AUD. The 15 min AUD/USD is going north at the moment though, so maybe I'll go along with them.

Not very clever what I'm saying , I'm afraid.

but yesterday was a winner eurusd wow i did get 102 pipes thanks men the best unbelievable :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
thanks mr correlator if everyday i become rich?????????

Okay, I finally have all my ducks in a row and watched some videos. I think I fully comprehend what is happening here at last! I have the Dow set up with the moving averages, the 4hr and the 1hr charts set to 80 and 20. Moving avgs set to 80 50 20. Now I can stare at what I should have been staring at all along.

Well done, Banawa. I played AUD/USD and made 98 pips and gold and made 140. Am still in position on both of them. Seems completely miraculous

wowwww congratulations miracle men happen anywhere wont post much going for 3 months in FRANCE going too be busy maybe not much on line all the best guys

oh realy i am french also but retired in the Philippines going too visit family then followed the tour de france?
many thanks

hey gang............internet outages and soccer fever in spain has kept me silent for a while

did I miss anything ?
N

I am happy that my correlation crew is building up confidence and starting to get how my little indicator can rock the house ;)

hes multi-talented and can adapt to whatever you want him to do......

he can give you perspective in your chosen Timeframe by using the 500+ on the ma setting - showing price action opportunites and over bought/sold positions
(PERSPECTIVE)

he can give you ma style signals by using things like my 20ma and 80ma combinations to show strong and weak currencies (POWER)

and he can show what currencies are moving together on the same side of the zeros (POSITION)

all you have to do is be patient and watch..........the market is not a ATM cash machine and will only offer up the opportunities when it is ready........:smart:

N

if anyone has questions post them here - c'mon :smart:

we have people like Petar (a master of his own particular style of trading) who understands the art of the strengthmeter and also Kruspe who is always around to offer insightful comment and observations

Plus commited contributors like Banawa and CaCTrader and Mags who will all soon earn their spurs as Strengthmeter traders as they grow in confidence and ask the right questions

We also have some legendary T2W traders in the background also helping me to help you

but you must take action and post here on the thread - otherwise you spend your life in the shadows

we are now one of the most viewed and followed threads in history here on T2W so ask the questions and people will appear to answer them

hey - I might even chip in as well :p

N

Last edited:
jees the internet coverage is patchy here again - may be it for tonight n

N

guys

here are the tools of the trade..............sure I have a few more the box but these do just fine in making money when the key elements align (y)

N

Attachments

• tools of the trade.jpg
    tools of the trade.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 166
if you can get the Dow loaded it helps you re my main strategy I teach here

the Dow is the chairman of the Equity board for me ....accept no substitutes :cool:

check the periods for when the dow was < or > the 80 and 20 and they will correlate pretty well to those
3 currencies mentioned in the chart

N

Attachments

• mighty dow.jpg
    mighty dow.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 165
Ok, so I'm a bit confused now. I saw the video, I forget which one, where you have several time frames open. An H4, H1, and then the Dow. So I did that. I think the idea is that you wait and watch for Mr. & Mrs. Lime Green (as I call them) to hang out in the same area in both time frames, and hope the Dow either runs up or plops down beneath/above the moving averages of 80, 50, 20. If everything aligns right, then you should make a trade? If not, wait it out. Is this wrong?

But here is my question, if the above is right that is. So in what time frame do you make a trade or do you just open a TF of 5 or 15 whatever, and make a trade from that.

I'm sitting here scratching my head because there is so much to think about.