Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

sorry all tied up so far today ..........

gbp took hits at 9.30 and usd rising steadily since 10.30 ............

so I would have been buying it since then if I were at the screens

its falling now on 1 mins though (n)

N

Attachments

• usd rising.JPG
    usd rising.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 195
Hi N

I understand you have been tied up - ( get the girlfriend to untie you before the wife gets home though ) lol

Check out 3 30 pm and 3 39pm

From then on - an opportunity to simultaneously scalps 6 pairs - 3 buys on AU / EU / GU and 3 sells on UJ / UChf and UCad

No - did not take all 6 - only 3 for a short period - and then got 2 with stops in profit

So today 3 21 to 3 39 pm - was a major time window for me

All the best and see you tomorrow

Regards

F

This thread is really long and I only skimmed so please excuse me if this point has been raised already but since the Swissy fiasco throwing the EURUSD and USDCHF relationship all to hell I have found trading the USDDKK and EURUSD to be a good couple to get a similar effect.

Two things - The spread isn't actually as bad as you might think (as I thought).

The bad thing ... The DKK is also capped on the Euro which makes things a touch edgy. FXCM I know for one has discontinued USDDKK trading in the wake of the Swissy almost breaking them.

So, that cap risk is present. A SNB style U turn could really shake up this pair as well.

As a mirror trade though, they work well.

Hi N

I understand you have been tied up - ( get the girlfriend to untie you before the wife gets home though ) lol

Check out 3 30 pm and 3 39pm

From then on - an opportunity to simultaneously scalps 6 pairs - 3 buys on AU / EU / GU and 3 sells on UJ / UChf and UCad

No - did not take all 6 - only 3 for a short period - and then got 2 with stops in profit

So today 3 21 to 3 39 pm - was a major time window for me

All the best and see you tomorrow

Regards

F

yep the usd got real bearish into the evening - see next thread (y)

N

morning all.......

usd got real bear yesterday .............Euro and GBP did well

today its slowly climbing north ............so that's were we focus on scalps

N

Attachments

• the action.JPG
    the action.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 205
market is superb today .........jut be careful

made more than enough pips in last hour .....mainly selling EU (See Forexperians thread for my calls)

need to do some chores now

N

the usd got to work today and has ground almost all of yesterdays the losses back ............now that's impressive ! (y)

N

Attachments

• usd grinds it back.JPG
    usd grinds it back.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 132
morning all

I have a new consultancy contract starting early April and am on holiday from tomorrow

last trading for a while today .......and doing ok so far as usd goes north since 7.43 ........selling Europeans

N

i will be monitoring my thread on holiday so any questions fire away

N

Christ its hard to call and post ..............i recommend any newbie trader at least keep a journal and also post your signals online .............there are always good people around to help and you cannot lie !!!!!

kidding yourself is the greatest challenge in trading

"yeah i shoudlve done this ........i coulve done that ......that loss doesn't count .........excuses excuses excuses .............

be honest with yourselves or you will never improve gang .....it hurts but it works

N

and on a day where i will be disappearing for a while a message to everyone who wants to make make a difference in their own circumstances and in life .........

go hard or go home ............. :smart:

something i have tried to follow most of the time ...badly at times but that's life we are all human and make mistakes at times .............

step up and play .............whatever it is in life ..........just do it ...........otherwise you will regret it later...I guarantee........and never stop trying .......nothing is impossible

N

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhQsk16EKtw&t=43

Last edited:
:LOL:nope ............still hasn't got me on my running machine

N

back later ...............

You can do it

:LOL:nope ............still hasn't got me on my running machine

N

back later ...............
These phrases, such as, "just do it! almost always show a sporting example but rarely a person doing something ordinary such as painting the wall or fixing the car or even a literary slice of rhetoric,
Rhetoric -more uplifting than some sweaty prima donna:whistling

Attachments

• marktwain.jpg
    marktwain.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 136
agreed ..........and a truly superb quote from the father of American literature

sporting rhetoric is a quick fix and ignores the deep and more meaningful examples that life provides

N

jees .........deep eh ?

well on the trading front I see the usd is a wicked siren today .........

usd pair scalping is littered with the quick and the dead ........

are you fast enough ?

N

Attachments

• speed kills.JPG
    speed kills.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 145
heres what I saw at 11.23 .......I liked usd falling and saw a very oversold Euro

euro's rise took the heat out of a jittery usd then they both went in right direction !

the lines are indexes ........such is trading and each to their own systems

N

Attachments

• 10-15 pips on the bounce.JPG
    10-15 pips on the bounce.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 134
usd still falling but more of a ragged set of G7's to try to trade.........so forget it

back later
N

hey all

I just dropped a screen onto F's thread so want to do so here ............just to say don't try this at home but people ask how I can scalp so fast on the slightly delayed FXCorrelator ma settings

well naturally the answer is I don't ...........I need immediate prices

so I use the separate and raw indexes for all of the G8 ...on 1 main screen .........no delay at all on these

difficult ?...................sh*t yeah it is ...........but its all the information I need to detect bias and pullbacks and the pairs to go with ..........

The Free indicators I provide here in the signature area below (links) are very very powerful and useful ..........but please don't think you can use them in isolation and get the immediate returns and profitable trades I try to call here at T2Win and f's thread .........................I am operating something a little more raw and dynamic that requires a lot of practice...........what doesn't ? :smart:

you can see the green usd snaking down the screen from 11.23 the start of the frame .........so I was chasing anything going north through this period.......and see how the blue euro just happens to have gone up from 11.23 ?

luck ?....well I certainly called it early ............but we all make our own luck ..nes pas ?

later
N

Attachments

• G8 raw indexes.JPG
    G8 raw indexes.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 127
back later on dudes .............taking a break and finalising packing etc etc

N