Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

morning all

unfortunately an early start in office today so tied up all day ..............

happy for someone to put up a 1 hour Chart with the FXCorrelator 20ma (standard) setting on it and I will comment ............

otherwise have a good trading session and remember the basic rules I preach here every day or in the documents below linked

cheers
N

Hey all

Well I missed most of this week...........such is life ......busy busy at work .......

ok soon we will look at the week on my Free FXCorrelator indicator ....(see links below)

I also have some ancient videos on Youtube (that need refreshing /updating :) ) but at least it gets the raw message over regarding what I do and where my head is when I trade strengthmeters ....

and you get 28 paircharts on 1 FXCorrelator !

N

Last edited:
and last but not least ...

heres one of the videos (in 2012) to support the 80/20 system in the links below which also utilises the Dow's position.........

Its one of literally thousands of ways you can use this fantastic strengthmeter

(but I would say that after 14 years using them :smart:)

N

heres the weeks moves using a 4hr 20ma setting .......

Green USD was very flat so we had to work hard to make money trading off of it ........

AUD fall was the move of the week....the other moves were very poor seconds

N

Attachments

• the week ending 25th april 2014.JPG
    the week ending 25th april 2014.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 100
heres yesterdays action ..........some nice sells on USD through the Asian session

Yen , AUD and NZD all offered some nice pips

later
N

Attachments

• friday 25th april 2014 early hours action.JPG
    friday 25th april 2014 early hours action.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 101
Mornin all ..........

heres something that may strike a chord if you are passionate and really want to succeed in trading...........(or anything in life)

what are you doing right now at 9.13am GMT sunday 27th april 2014 ?

are you already active in that particular passion / vocation / business you claim above ?

have you been active for a few hours already ?

if not why not ..........?....

ok ok - I will let you off if you were late to bed last night because you were working late on your passion :cool:

truth ?..........if the answer is NO to above - you're a shamateur....... and always will be in this dream of yours untill you seriously step up the pace ..............

go hard or go home ................:(

jees.........some tough love NVP ?...........you bet !!.......its not a game .........this is real life and the clock is ticking............you know its in you ..............so start now and go get it ........ :smart:

later
N

Last edited:
I was watching a video by a motivational speaker this morning (Brandon Burchard) and he quoted this to me ...........

it struck a real chord with me and i've also put it on forexperians threads for a few people who naturally are allowed to negate his efforts (thats free speech) ........but they never ever seem to be providing any positive value or messages elsewhere at T2Win either

We need more people posting at T2W who genuinely believe in what they do and want to help others by sharing them..................good , bad indifferent ..........sharing is good

who cares what people think ?

just step up and be counted ..............the members here at T2Win wont bite and will support all people truly trying to make a difference and help their own and other peoples trading

if you dont share you dont learn yourself - trust me !

N

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Theodore Roosevelt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 21:41:37 +0100
Subject: Great Interest in FXCorrelator - Scalping System
To: [email protected]

NVP

I have just found your threads on www.[XXXX] and I have found what I have read very interesting.

Please can you advise how to go about using your system?

I have been a Professional Trader for just over 15 years, specializing in Fixed Income. Given the continued exceptional low volatility concerning Interest Rates I am now looking for other areas to focus on.

I am sure you are inundated with similar requests and appreciate any assistance you can offer.

Many thanks in advance
XXXXXX

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi XXXX

Thanks for your enquiry ...and yes I do get a lot of people asking for more information and help in the fascinating world of Forex Strengthmeters......in fact this reminds me to place a comment on my T2W and FF threads regarding what I am trying to do later this year (see later) :)

sorry - I cannot offer any magic bullet or holy Grail black box solution to consistent and profitable Trading .........all I can offer is you take a look through my trade2win thread and also load up the links in the signature area where I have some basic advice......... I also post daily at T2win so hopefully will see you there where you can ask questions

also why not take a look at some of my FXCorrelator Videos on
youtube ?........

https://www.youtube.com/user/FXCORRELATOR

##WARNING ## ....they are a little raw and amateur in format these days ...... but I assure you they are 100% professional in the messages they give and previewing the awesome power of the FXCorrelator when you start to practice and use it in your own preferred ways .........

watch this space as I am hoping to launch some training/mentoring programmes later in the year - when I am finally free from my current Full Time job in Finance

best regards
Neil
(NVP)

morning all

WOW !!!...........most explosive opening to a week ive seen in a long long time ! :eek:

look at that 1hr chart on the standard FXCorrelator 20ma setting ........ive attached the indicator to G/U pairchart to emphasise the move :cool:

jees it went big time .........50 pips over 3 hours to date as USD folded (alongside other currencies as well)..... and GBP went ballistic (y)

later
N

Attachments

• explosive opening to the week.JPG
    explosive opening to the week.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 95
I have FX Correlator setup on a Daily Chart. Here are my thoughts for what they are worth, assuming I have understood the process

Short AUD is a gimme (what I mean by that is that given AUD has been positive since roughly Mar14th it would not be surprising that the negative readings continue??)
Long EUR,CHF and JPY, not sure which to do , but given JPY is nearly back to zero I favour this as can obviously apply a relatively tight stop
Short CAD
Putting this all together I favour -AUD+JPY, and a small dabble -CAD/+CHF ???

Attachments

• fxcorrelator 280414.png
    fxcorrelator 280414.png
    111.8 KB · Views: 125
Hey there

thanks for posting .......

ok this is a Daily chart on a 20ma so longer term trading rules apply re slop losses , Targets etc etc and we are talking holding positions over a few days here

cant disagree with your calls ...all logical :smart:

NZD sell is the play for me ..........its retraced in last couple of days and is coming south fast .......(its also the only Trade showing on the dailys from my own bespoke systems)

plenty of buys on the Europeans ..........Euro would indeed be the call (GBP now may be overbought)

USD will fly neutral so you can use it to play as the secondary currency or go full out on the E/N buy

I dont play to much at this level so will be interesting to see ......the week has certainly started fast so lets see if E/N flies by friday

1.6229 it seems would be the entry when i called the chart up ..as you can see it got a lot of action overnight already so we are probably a little late to the party today

N

Attachments

• buy EN.JPG
    buy EN.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
yen is moving south fast so add that to the equation for the next few days against the europeans

E/J naturally springs to mind and above 142 would seem to be a reasonable punt if the FXCorrelator signals continue to support it at that time

N

Attachments

• buy EJ above 142.JPG
    buy EJ above 142.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
morning all

WOW !!!...........most explosive opening to a week ive seen in a long long time ! :eek:

look at that 1hr chart on the standard FXCorrelator 20ma setting ........ive attached the indicator to G/U pairchart to emphasise the move :cool:

jees it went big time .........50 pips over 3 hours to date as USD folded (alongside other currencies as well)..... and GBP went ballistic (y)

later
N

well a few hours on re the 1hr TF and the (green) USD has certainly lost momentum on its fall......technically if you are following the 1hr 20ma rules you sit on your hands .....still hunting USD sells on lower TF's until that dude finally get north of the Zero border on the 1hr .............frustrating to watch but thats trading and rules are rules .......you have to have rules

unless you change the rules - clearly ! :cool:

for me i'd be now selling N/U on lower TF's .........the NZD fell south alongside the USD earlier so it wasnt the best trade to call then .........but has really moved on lower TF's

N/U is also one of the potential calls now made for the daily TF earlier ...........nothing like a little congruence to make us feel happier ...............but dont get tooooo happy ...........markets are always changing :innocent:

Attachments

• sell NU.JPG
    sell NU.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
been a great hour for selling the AUD as well ...........the aussies are falling !

Last edited:
well a few hours on re the 1hr TF and the (green) USD has certainly lost momentum on its fall......technically if you are following the 1hr 20ma rules you sit on your hands .....still hunting USD sells on lower TF's until that dude finally get north of the Zero border on the 1hr .............frustrating to watch but thats trading and rules are rules .......you have to have rules

unless you change the rules - clearly ! :cool:

for me i'd be now selling N/U on lower TF's .........the NZD fell south alongside the USD earlier so it wasnt the best trade to call then .........but has really moved on lower TF's

N/U is also one of the potential calls now made for the daily TF earlier ...........nothing like a little congruence to make us feel happier ...............but dont get tooooo happy ...........markets are always changing :innocent:

hmm.....I see N/U achieved 0.8327 before retracing ..........shame as I was hoping for more on this hours move.............see how the USD is going north as I was hoping it would ?.........but sadly so is the NZD now ........grrrr !! :sneaky:

later
N

Attachments

• NU closes out.JPG
    NU closes out.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
the GU has been astounding in last 30 mins or so ..........a great sell as USD goes north .....

the last hour had some great volatility ...........it was almost as good as the early hours of today ...............jees 2 big spikes and its only monday

what a week !

N

mornin all............

no doubt Forexperians scalping thread is calling a lot of trades at the moment ......we are in a period of increasing/spiking volatility ....... as you can see below from the multiple divergence on all currencies

Green USD is the middleman (as usual)......europeans are going north and the others are going south

take your pick........ and trade !!

N

Attachments

• volatitily spikes.JPG
    volatitily spikes.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 92
Last edited: