Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

heres the weeks action on my 4hr TF 20ma standard FXCorrelator indicator available for free below in the links ........

the Green USD stayed south all week.........sure it converged north but look at that second half of the week............blazed south and the blue Euro and orange AUD took full advantage by rising fast

nice
N

Attachments

• the weeks action.JPG
    the weeks action.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Hi NVP, I'd like to try utilizing this FX strength indicator in an EA and so far my EA building software says it can't read the indicator. Was just wondering if you had any idea why, or knew of a similar indicator which might work?

Cheers,
nolube

Hi NVP, I'd like to try utilizing this FX strength indicator in an EA and so far my EA building software says it can't read the indicator. Was just wondering if you had any idea why, or knew of a similar indicator which might work?

Cheers,
nolube

hi nolube............I have no idea really on tat one.........poss the syntax.......... if you are capable of programming at EA levels then keep plugging away and you will probably find a solution........

thx
N

Last edited:
hey all

trading can be as hard or as easy as you want it to be ....................sometimes when my eyes cross from testing a stupidly complicated system ........I just kick back and fall on the ole free 20ma default indicator below in the links

run it on a 5min Tf and just watch the action for opportunities to buy and sell the usd pairs

just get in the flow of the market and eventually the opportiunities will come ........

will you win ?...........sometimes ......will you lose ......sometimes ...............but I guarantee the more screen hours you put in the higher the win rate goes up ...............and if you incorporate some decent MM and S/L systems then you should make money

look at below ..........all i am doing is trying to follow the USD action and trading the big movers ..........it takes experience but it will work ...........

Later
N

Attachments

• fast trading techniques.JPG
    fast trading techniques.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
here we are a little later on.............

tell me you have all been feasting on the G/U sells ........I was already eyeballing it for scalps on last post at 6713 !!

yum yum yum......!! :smart:

N

Attachments

• GU sells.JPG
    GU sells.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 142
  • gu more sells.JPG
    gu more sells.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Hey all.

In canaries on holiday

Back next week. Driving the wife mad as bored as a board here......no screens to watch

Hahahahahaha

N

Last edited:
Hey all.

In canaries on holiday

Back next week. Driving the wife mad as bored as a board here......no screens to watch

Hahahahahaha

N

I feel sad for your poor wife having a grumpy old fa-t with her on holiday :devilish::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

hey all

back again .............thanks for the advice and messages .......and I took it ...

hahahahha
N

when i am away from the market for a while it takes me a while to get my eye in ........

in terms of free and available indicators here at t2W (see links below)......I fire up my FXCorrelator and then usually play with a few ma settings and timeframes

500ma on a 4hr is interesting.....I simply draw a line where I need to from my holiday start (11/3) and look at what currencies. rose. . ......what currencies fell and who stayed on the fence

can you see below the results ?

N

Last edited:
when i am away from the market for a while it takes me a while to get my eye back in ........

in terms of free and available indicators here at t2W (see links below)......I fire up my FXCorrelator and then usually play with a few ma settings and timeframes

500ma on a 4hr TF is interesting.....

I simply draw a line where I need to from my holiday start (11/3) and look at what currencies rose , what currencies fell and who stayed on the fence

can you see below the results ? :smart:

N

j

Attachments

• last 10 days.JPG
    last 10 days.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 116
heres the results .......

risers and fallers with USD and CAD pretty neutral overall in the last 10 days

clearly it is also important the VALUES of these moves to understand the real players ........but generally when i trade i'm simply looking to pair a riser with a faller .........especially on ultra low TF's where its more about moving fast on signals

N

Attachments

• risers.JPG
    risers.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 87
  • fallers.JPG
    fallers.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
anything interesting to me ?............not really ...........the europeans all took hits.......Aussie pair have looked good............yen moved nicely ...USd flattish (no surprise).....CAD probably should have been dropped in the fallers

again all my own ideas and strategies are based on thousands of hours eyeballing the FXCorrelator and learning to find patterns and clues for trading individual currencies :smart:

sure i look at all the paircharts.............all 28 of then covering the G8......

but ask yourself how many charts and time you would have needed to find out the real movers .......that I can provide on even just the first chart (8 currencies) regarding movements in the last 2 weeks ?

hmmm?..........its not about just strategies .......you need a decent tool first to see the playing field ..........:smart:

N

Last edited:
Aside from the jokes .....its great to step back from the forex coalface sometimes and consolidate thoughts .......and read a few books i've been promising myself on business and trading

I seemed to end up reading a lot about probability, extreme events , forecasting and crisis management ..........an interesting set of bedfellows.......:cool:

not all of these are immediately useful in trading but many of the books took examples from market meltdowns re Lehman and AIG etc etc

in summary i learnt that

keep it simple............sure life is complex but try to keep it simple .....

why ?.............because simplicity limits damage in bad times and allows you to optimise results in the good times ...........

simplicity reduces decision /reaction time and gets you in front of the markets and the opposition.......it allows you and your team to know what to do instead of reading the 1,000 page rule book (which may be wrong anyway)

also........

1) you cannot predict the future but you can create scenarios and models that anticipate and react to what actually happens .........

2) you can never ever prepare adequately for those extreme and ultra low probability events ...........and most safety measures will woefully fail due to unpredictable chain event sequencing / factors (markets,oil rigs , nuclear power plants)........but good maintenance and training can at least give you a fighting chance.......and some simple rules to handle them

3) always be seeking new information and input across all areas and horizons to optimise your planning and forecasting techniques...................you must anticipate and plan for the future to keep your business alive and profitable

4) nurture and cultivate the information flowing from your front line troops and managers and customers as they truly know the world ..............if possible give them authority to make decisions as well ........ managers sitting in ivory towers know very little ......and will make wrong decisions.... or at least take correct ones too late .......

5) Adapt , learn , reforecast , correct any errors and wrong decisions quickly and move on ............otherwise you are history......

as they say in poker games .........if you have not figured out the "patsie" at the table after a few hands ....you are the patsie....get the hell out before they take the shirt off your back !! :smart:

N

Last edited:
I am still working on some potential forex courses and training for later in the year ................I just need to get my act together re work and my redundancy timetable

watch this space ....

N

morning all

heres the 1hr TF on a standard 20ma

Green USD has drifted north chasing the orange AUD hard.......

buy usd pairs on lower TF's

N

Attachments

• usd rises.JPG
    usd rises.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
hey all ..............USD still holding north for me ...........so stay same signals