Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

the A/U has been nice ............I havnt been on it though sadly

watch it Aussie D.... the GBP and Euro will be after you soon !

N

Attachments

• sell Au.jpg
    sell Au.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 105
Hey NVP,

Just want to drop in very lightly, and just commend the time and effort you`ve put into this thread.

Think its top quality and certainly something i`ve tried looking deeply into (correlation) before...

Nothing to this extent though!

I`d love to have a play with this indicator and see how it can be integrated with my set ups but cant seem to actually get the indicator working on my platform (IBFX - MT4 - Just coming up as a blank window beneath the PA) I only assume this is because IBFX does not have all the FX pairs required?

Either way, i`ll be playing around with this using FX Pro as thats working just fine and dandy.

Really impressed and am going to spend a little time reading more from the beginning of the thread!

Keep up the interesting work!

EDIT- Just out of interest, how would I add an MA to the indicator itself?

Last edited:
Hey NVP,

Just want to drop in very lightly, and just commend the time and effort you`ve put into this thread.

Think its top quality and certainly something i`ve tried looking deeply into (correlation) before...

I`d love to have a play with this indicator and see how it can be integrated with my set ups but cant seem to actually get the indicator working on my platform (IBFX - MT4 - Just coming up as a blank window beneath the PA) I only assume this is because IBFX does not have all the FX pairs required?

Either way, i`ll be playing around with this using FX Pro as thats working just fine and dandy.

Really impressed and am going to spend a little time reading more from the beginning of the thread!

re: IBFX
If you are using a micro account your currency pairs might have a "d" or "r" or "m" after the pair to indicate micro account/pricing. ie: EURUSDr
The indicator might not recognize the pair denoted that way.

NVP? and ideas?

Peter

If you are using a micro account your currency pairs might have a "d" or "r" or "m" after the pair to indicate micro account/pricing. ie: EURUSDr

NVP? and ideas?

Peter

yep (y)

the indicator has a symbol area where you can type anything that appears after the pairing name so EURUSD could be EURUSDm or x or gbp etc etc

also US and Canadian users cant get a dow on their charts to use alongside the indicator....so usually they ride a seperate platform or web based chart shotgun ......(like netdania)....a real shame :eek:

Last edited:
Hey NVP,

hey D

thanks for looking..........just a little strengthmeter action sprinkled with Dow correlation ......the devil is still in the detail but at least I have the tool to ask the questions !

not sure re the indicator question...think of the indicator as one big arsed Macd .....so the main setting (20ma) is a ma which all the currencies are moving around the Zero on (like a macd)....if you want to add a second ma play with the Delta which is set currently to 1 ....so thats the second ma ...like a Macd Offers

if you try to drag and drop an ma onto the indicator I think it attaches itself to the Euro ......I have a lot of these setups when I need single currecnies on a chart but in truth the idea is to always get the full picture

N (y)

this morning has a trade setting up .....on the settings I provide below

N

Attachments

• 15m game on.jpg
    15m game on.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 139
this morning has a trade setting up .....on the settings I provide below

N

are we having fun yet ? (y)

the GBP buy is a peach

Attachments

• are we having fun yet.jpg
    are we having fun yet.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 112

NVP? and ideas?

Peter

Yeah, good spot Wackypete, thanks.

Cheers NVP, I found the setting and its up and running on IBFX now.

What I cannot figure out is this how to attach this EMA onto the indicator itself? Simply clicking and dragging onto the chart will attach it to the PA. As far as I can see it isnt attaching itself to the EUR? Sorry for being a pain!

Yeah, good spot Wackypete, thanks.

Cheers NVP, I found the setting and its up and running on IBFX now.

What I cannot figure out is this how to attach this EMA onto the indicator itself? Simply clicking and dragging onto the chart will attach it to the PA. As far as I can see it isnt attaching itself to the EUR? Sorry for being a pain!

hey D

the indicator is dragged onto the chart and will only sit below in a seperate window....it will display the 8 currencies on the default setting regardless of the chart picked..thats all it can do ......the chart remains free to be used

try this page and the video ?

http://fxcorrelator.com/corrie2/free-indicator-and-video/

N

hey all ..just a heads up .............I see a weakish dollar on the 15m's

could be a nice move soon

plenty of room on the E/U for retraces now ...G/U does look overcooked on the 1hr

1.25 is in on the E/U....I wish I had more support from all my indicators...so not yet

usd still falling so I like that ...AUD , GBP and EURo are lining up as buys ....hmmmmmm

hey all ...........i've just bagged a few pips buying G/U ...looks like its about 20 pips up now but I have to scoot .see Flash's other thread where I call live sometimes

see...you can make money trading !

later
N

hey D

the indicator is dragged onto the chart and will only sit below in a seperate window....it will display the 8 currencies on the default setting regardless of the chart picked..thats all it can do ......the chart remains free to be used

try this page and the video ?

Free FXCorrelator Indicator & Video |FXCORRELATOR

N

Yeah I know how to add your indicator (not sure if I made myself clear enough) but im actually wanting to remove some currencies from your indicator (which Isnt the problem) and add a 21 EMA actually ONTO your indicator itself and play around....

No worries if you cant, I`ll see if I can figure out a way and let you know if its possible? (thats assuming you dont know already?)

Yeah I know how to add your indicator (not sure if I made myself clear enough) but im actually wanting to remove some currencies from your indicator (which Isnt the problem) and add a 21 EMA actually ONTO your indicator itself and play around....

No worries if you cant, I`ll see if I can figure out a way and let you know if its possible? (thats assuming you dont know already?)

ok so you want a 21 EMA overlay on what the standard 20ma default or perhaps something faster like a 5, 6, 7, 8 ema ?

N