Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hey all - like I said earlier.....just keep following the usd up.....it was just a matter of time....i was right on the USD move above that 20ma Zero line below .....and was pushing to hard to soon...........still was b/e though on those 3 trades before screen time was over for me.....

I hate losing on trades - full stop

Oh for more time to trade :cry:

Never mind - my time will come.....and I will have a look at ZuluTrade and see if I can sign on to trade there....best way for people to follow me in my trades instead of just here ......

later dudes:smart:
N

Attachments

• buy usd.jpg
    buy usd.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Hey all........

Well what a U.S. Session yesterday........:eek:

Bad rumours plagued the us session and the Dow sell was a gift that kept on giving ...and giving ....and giving

and you saw me hunting it here yesterday dudes as it was born.... ;)

so on that 1hr below overall 2 great moves this week for us at FXCorrelator central ......today ?

N:smart:

Attachments

• 2 nice moves.jpg
    2 nice moves.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 145
ok - again i'm busy today elsewhere ........

In truth I need to step back a little from the fun i'm having here at T2W as I need to focus more on my own personal trading for a while to keep fresh, try some new collaboration ideas and naturally top up on my Trading coffers a little..............(and I will try to get onto ZULUtrade)

My Websites are still down I think....but my business partner Sylvie is on the case arguing with the Service provider.........something akin to arguing with your wife when she already has your canolies in her strong vicelike hands

seriously......any questions ask me here on thread or pm me at T2W or [email protected]

as I may not be around for a while soon

regards
N

Last edited:
hey all

The signature area below allows you to load a free system that introduces you to what I do here

try it...and read the thread from start to finish as it will provide a lot of further information, observations and even live action I call every now and again for fun and practice

I am currently easing back my time here due to trading and work comittments but always available for a chat here or at [email protected]

I have a website at fxcorrelator.com but we are rebuilding it at the moment

and a few of my videos are at youtube here

https://www.youtube.com/user/FXCORRELATOR?feature=mhee

Regards
Neil
NVP

Last edited:
heres last week on the settings in the FREE system below

my styrategy is simple...I look for the optimum moment to trade the yen and USD currencies

sure I have a lot more to it in my own versions ....but this is pretty robust for someone new to understand and try ....what have you got to lose ?

4 signals if you decide to add the further rule of the Dow being also above / below the 80ma as well as the 20ma

not bad......not bad at all and thursday was a pipfest !

try it in any timeframe

regards
N

https://www.youtube.com/user/FXCORRELATOR?feature=mhee

Attachments

• system week ending 22nd june 2012.jpg
    system week ending 22nd june 2012.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
boris BK forex

AMEN

but generally, my own style is a combination of analytics and statistics. Having pored over thousands of hours of price data, I've been able to construct pretty robust models of how currencies will trade on an intra-day basis. However, models are models. They always lack context. One of the most valuable exercises you can do is look at that wonderful 45 degree equity curve you've just generated with a backtest and zero in on the drawdown periods. This is something that most traders do not do. They look at the great backtest results and just jump right into the system, more often than not to very disappointing results. That's because winning trades do not matter. They take care of themselves. The key to being a successful trader is to assiduously remove as many losing trades from your system as possible. That's where analytics come in. Basically you spend all your time asking - why did the system not perform. What happened in the market at that time and is the current environment similar to that one?
The better you can answer those key questions, the better a trader you will be.

AMEN

uh hum...

sometimes it gets to easy ......beautiful start to the week
Dow under siege :eek:

Read what I do below....even if you dont get into this style of trading its always important to be widely read and know whats out there.........

N

Attachments

• more monmey more money .jpg
    more monmey more money .jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 135
USD is pretty weak at the moment ..........shame as the Yen is a strong Buy

CAD is the sell it appears....?

N

Attachments

• sell Dow buy yen .jpg
    sell Dow buy yen .jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 147
just a hint...the Euro is very strong ....worth a punt if dow actually rallies at some point

and the USD is getting weaker....

N

I need some Dow retracement but I am closely watching E/U buys above 1.25

I still think a little E/U or G/U buy is coming....we are right on the pivot

G/U now at 1.5563............foolish and bold if you bought (haha)

this is right on the edge of a new retrace .........I advise traders to seriously review their strategy(s) and decide what they want to be doing regarding trading the trends we all chase

Get in at the beginning and chance the full ride
Get in at the middle and get a decent run
Get in late and ride the fading move to the beach

and by the way all of those scenarios are only known post event !!

N

frustrating ...nice buy signals forming on the USD.....all I have is the passive AUD to sell ?