Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

12234...........key number as we enter the last decent trading week

crack that Dow ceiling and the yen/usd dynamic duo may consider falling south

spooky eh ?.........all this correlation and relative strength stuff may just work perhaps.... ;)

N

Attachments

• 12234.JPG
    12234.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 147
  • 12234 crack.jpg
    12234 crack.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 144
Re: I want to be vip member on fxcorrelator page

How can I make this ?

Thanks !

Hi there

sorry my VIP site subscription membership is closed presently due to membership levels... ..I may open it again next year or possibly develop it further with the other systems I use

To be perfectly honest though - I do lose a lot of personal trading time (and money) running it so I may phase it out and just put that time back into my own trading to boost the profits .....teaching is fun but money is more fun ;)

will make decisions over xmas and new year :smart:

N

How can I make this ?

Thanks !

its my FXcorrelator Indicator (available in the thread here somewhere or on my free site)

use a 500ma setting or higher (up to 1500 if your platform can do it) ....higher ma the better

N

Thanks, then only one chart on 500ma? I left 80ma and 20ma ?

The problem is not indicator even how to interpret it .
I see videos on free site but I will continue to research on this thread.
Thanks so much for your time.

its my FXcorrelator Indicator (available in the thread here somewhere or on my free site)

use a 500ma setting or higher (up to 1500 if your platform can do it) ....higher ma the better

N

hello all.. Nice to be in a new forum.. It's almost like a breathe of fresh air to see a 1k+ page. It's also great that you are all making pips using these correlations and strength/weakness systems.

I come from the forex factory where I first started learning relative strength not too long ago.. (less than a week)

But I can see that it has improved my trading 100 fold. I barely even get excited when I see all those pips float my equity up to a new level it hasnt seen before.:clap::clap:

I am incorperating the faizumi v2.2 system with the ccfp indicator to place my trades. I only take trades based off of the daily correlations and the rules of faizumi, so at 5pm est. I get a new daily bar, the version of indicator I have places +'s, and -'s for the strong and weak currencies. I then wait for the first 4 hr candle to close since it's not during a strong session and take my +'s and -'s and insert them into a spreadsheet which tells me which pairs offer which trades. IE. Eur offers a - (which it is right now) usd offers a + (same as right now) etc. etc. so on this spreadsheet the EURUSD would be highlighted red with a sell. I place a basket order of all the pairs that are in line with both systems then I set a 100 pip stop per trade and let it run over the london and us sessions, If my faizumi system tells me to keep the trade on then I do so and let it run over the next day or whenever I feel like the market is going to start turning. +30 pips in and I set my SL to BE. I've seen traders posting that they use this system on the 4Hr and they take a new basket every new 4H candle, but the 4HR is still missing the daily picture if they just take every trade that the 4HR is offering, Hence the reason they're losing pips on a huge drawdown that's got them shaking in their boots. I take a trade only off the daily but yet it still offers me 24 hours to get in the green and set my SL to BE.

I have a 1k live account so I place no more than 10 different trades in a basket with a 100 pip SL using 10cents/pip so if I were to lose the entire basket (which isn't likely) I would be down 10%

I have only been trading live since sunday and I am in the green by +140 pips with 380+ floating as we speak.

Some of you may have read the article based on the growth of the trader where they go through different stages. Well I've been through all of it, buying indicators/systems/subscriptions/theworks....Well after stumbling upon relative strength I feel like I have graduated to the next level of trading. I place my trades with confidence and let them ride until either my SL is hit or I am in the green by a massive amount to set my SL to BE and let her take a ride over the next couple days.

I know i will see some losses along my way but I can't stress how much MM and R:R are important. It took me 9 long grueling months of seeing my demo accounts fail time after time before I realized I was over leveraging and doubling up my lot size to see huge gains. But that's not how I wanted to trade live so I feel like demo is just a setup to see decent traders lose their shirts because the live market isn't like demo.

Slow and steady wins the race (y)

Just wanted to share the story of my progression since March of this year. I have been working extremely hard to learn as much as I can and it has really paid off. (not really but you know what I mean) Maybe one day I can say it has paid off.

and to only think I'm just 21 years of age with a huge strive to succeed. That's all it takes really. I even taught myself to use photoshop and now I run a clothing company.. If you're willing to put in the work, you can do anything you set your mind to. Yes I know it's cheesy (n) but I know school didnt teach me to code a website or design something that catches somebodies eye. :smart: THE INTERNET IS SO ABUNDANT WITH INFORMATION one would be a fool not to take advantage of it. Well besides the videos of people busting their balls trying to skate off of a roof :eek:

I wish you all good fortune!!

Cheers,
Kyle

Thanks Kyle, can you share the link for your system ?

Also, can you provide further info about your way of trade?
Thanks...

All this talk of systems - why the infatuation?

- Placing a basket of trades to hold for a certain time period
- "...tells me to keep the trade on then I do so and let it run over the next day or whenever I feel like the market is going to start turning."

Really - can you quantify market turning? I am not giving anyone a hard time - but you can't claim it to be a system and then say - whenever I feel like the market is going to start turning.

I know systems it supposedly makes it easy - c'mon people, we are all adults here, right? There are no mechanical systems that have staying power (and I am being generous). It is called hard work, experience and discretion. I seriously doubt any of the top performing FX hedge funds are running the systems talked about on forums - they are however, using many of the techniques discussed here and combining them in a manner that works for their own trading style - I know, how dull and boring spending all that time analyzing.

To me though, nothing is more stimulating that analyzing the markets and looking for that edge - it is like a giant chess game.

- "...tells me to keep the trade on then I do so and let it run over the next day or whenever I feel like the market is going to start turning."

Really - can you quantify market turning? I am not giving anyone a hard time - but you can't claim it to be a system and then say - whenever I feel like the market is going to start turning.

I know systems it supposedly makes it easy - c'mon people, we are all adults here, right? There are no mechanical systems that have staying power (and I am being generous). It is called hard work, experience and discretion. I seriously doubt any of the top performing FX hedge funds are running the systems talked about on forums - they are however, using many of the techniques discussed here and combining them in a manner that works for their own trading style - I know, how dull and boring spending all that time analyzing.

To me though, nothing is more stimulating that analyzing the markets and looking for that edge - it is like a giant chess game.

That is quite true. I didn't mean it like that, but following my own exit rules there is no doubt that my routine can't be profitable. To each trader their own. I think i have found my niche in long term trading though. And I cant be greatful enough for actually studying single currencies rather than trying to predict a particular pair.

Cheers!

hello all.. Nice to be in a new forum.. It's almost like a breathe of fresh air to see a 1k+ page. It's also great that you are all making pips using these correlations and strength/weakness systems.

I wish you all good fortune!!

Cheers,
Kyle

welcome

yes FF has many threads on Relative strength and basket trading and I have read them all.....check out ES trader , Dreamliner, Ferrux_fx and the others............all great traders and excellent programmers

dont forget correlation though....thats the final piece of the jigsaw :smart:

N

agreed - i can make a decent living mechanically corrie trading signals and rules , but I rapidly lose my feel and touch for the broader market which is much more important for long term profitability

N

Re: Thanks Kyle, can you share the link for your system ?

Alberto - just as a friendly suggestion - if you are interested in building out a foundation for a process/approach to trading - check out my company's thread here at T2W - the last post allows you to register for a educational webinar tomorrow on our trading style/approach (not system ;)) - and by no means a sales pitch - knowledge only tomorrow!

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex-strategies-systems/139478-fx-analysis-casting-wide-net-3.html

Dave

be careful or the moderators will be paying you a visit soon........

c'mon lets be adults here...why are you giving away free Webinars ? ;)

N

heres Jack Crooks and the Gang talking USD.......

I must admit a rising USD looks an interesting notion.... :smart:

and Count me in if equities dive....

oh yeah..... and bye bye Euro......close the door on the way out !

N

Attachments

• Black Swan Index.jpg
    Black Swan Index.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 197
  • 1 week Corrie on 850ma .jpg
    1 week Corrie on 850ma .jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 171
  • black swan dec 2011.pdf
    563.4 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Re: Thanks Kyle, can you share the link for your system ?

Dave

be careful or the moderators will be paying you a visit soon........

c'mon lets be adults here...why are you giving away free Webinars ? ;)

N

I am being very sensitive to not coming across as doing the hard sell - 99.9% of the posts are all educational in nature. But, many of us here also run FX related businesses, and promotion/education is part of the deal.

as long as you understand that ......

I have been warned twice and nearly banned recently

so can I state here to the moderators at I have no affiliation or links
to the Aspen Trading Group

N

must be that time of the year here on T2w ?

beam me up scotty.....jeez ;)

N

hey all

you can make trading forex as complicated as you want.....

Fractals
fuzzy logic
predictive algorithmic formulas
confluence of multiple indicators
multi Timeframe Dow waves

or you can chant this.........

Dow up, Yen and usd down
Dow Down , Yen and USD up

so in last 2 weeks the Dow falls and .....oh yeah the yen and usd rise........

use my free FXCorrelator (available on this thread) and my 80/20 system .......or whatever ma system you use ....or just trade by watching the simple direction of currencies on a 500ma FXcorrelator !!!

but look at the Indicator..........and apply the chant rules......its that simple

(well not THAT simple...but you see the basic underlying foundation of my system)

happy holidays all !
N

Attachments

• last 2 weeks.jpg
    last 2 weeks.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 165
This thread is way too big. I am a CCfP user and interested to know about using CCfP indicator. Is there any listed links for this thread?