Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hey all

its Friday .....the clock is ticking....NFP's today as well

pressure on and the ball is passed to you .....

what your Gameplan ?

N

Attachments

• the clock is ticking .jpg
    the clock is ticking .jpg
    89 KB · Views: 133
hey all

hmmmm.......looks like we have the Dow on march north again.....sell usd and yen

watch those support levels though as they will bounce or at least wobble

N

Attachments

• 1 hours.jpg
    1 hours.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 220
hey all

predictions are the enemy of good Trading techniques........

I just trade what I see

and i see this recently on the 15 m charts

waiting for the usd and yen to start falling again...may be a while now !!

N

Attachments

• end of trend .jpg
    end of trend .jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 243
but aud was down yesterday after the the Q3 CA balance came more negative than predicted....:eek:
China is collecting cash after the real estate prices went downhill...:cool:

what do you think will be the picture today? dja is up by 52.3...

AUD/USD was down slightly yesterday/overnight, but the overall outlook remains quite positive as seen in the chart below.

12.7.11aud60.png

The only real wrinkle is the S&P's, we see two scenarios. If the rally higher is not yet complete, then prices should push higher towards 1280+

12.6.11SPX60min.png

25+ S&P points is plenty of room to navigate longs in AUD/USD given the very tight correlation between the two.

However, as of this posting, the S&P's are under a bit of pressure and as long as 1267 is not breached, a correction lower is in the works before another leg higher unfolds.

12.7.11sp10min.png

Under this scenario - AUD/USD longs do not make sense in the immediate hours ahead.

Just wanted to share how wave counts, correlations and tape reading combine to offer a road map.

Hmmm

whats a pair chart ?..............I only follow individual currencies and trade off of that :p

(just kidding) ;)

also - guys I am having a few system issues with my own website servers so apologies

VIP Crew trade the rules as usual :smart:

N

Traders, thought this posting would be a solid example of using correlation and inter-market analysis in terms of identifying short entries in USD/NOK - or even crude oil if you happen to trade commodities...

Still seeing signs of a future risk rally. It may not seem like it with everything that's going on this morning, but it's so important to trade one level about price action. It's important to watch and listen what's going in the intra-day price action, but take one step back and you'll see a market that is still in a healthy uptrend with higher price levels to come.

This USD/NOK chart shows that a 3-wave correction would unfold into 5.85 resistance while WTI crude tests $97. 00-area support. Should these technical levels hold , a healthy risk rally led by commodities should get underway.

12.8.11NOK_WTI4hr.png

hey guys

very interesting ..............

I think its time to spread your wings here and start your own thread on T2W.....theres a lot people
can learn from you ......:cool:

N

hey all

apologies to my followers and VIP crew :rolleyes:

I am posting my updates directly to the VIP crew at the moment and will get both sites capable of receiving posts and updates again once we resolve the server issues

Best Regards
N

Hey all

firstly all I apologise again for the site blips yesterday……Californian server means it takes a little timezone
issues to fix !

to everyone I say this with total honesty and hope that it helps

Trading IS NOT EASY……sorry you need to be an expert at trading to make it pay……ask yourself what expert means and apply it to another field like being a doctor…..

an expert Doctor ? – what does that mean to you in terms of experience, training, skill, dedication, ability , knowledge…..

Right well thats what you have to be to be a profitable trader………..!!

the VIP site provides a robust approach but I cannot make you an expert trader ….only you can and dont believe the hype out there and pay thousands of dollars to someone who promises you they can do it for you !

this is a tough and ruthless business so get real everyone and you will be better traders for it...

lecture over…………sorry but life is tough enough without kidding yourself trading is easy…its not

Respect to all who continue to follow me here and elsewhere – its appreciated

and get well soon sylvie…..I am missing you !!

N

Last edited:
Where is VIP site ?

Hi NVP!
Thanks for site and indi and extensible information.
I want to know/learn depthly you way of trading.
I read a lot of messages in this thread but I do not have clear when enter and when exit.
I remember last months that I visit this forum that you was building a new website.
Where is ?
Thanks in advance.

Re: Where is VIP site ?

Hi NVP!
I read a lot of messages in this thread but I do not have clear when enter and when exit.
I remember last months that I visit this forum that you was building a new website.
Where is ?
Thanks in advance.

Alberto I assume from your bad spelling and lack of grammar that you are not English. This could be why you do not understand. Perhaps you could try reading the thread a few times which may help you to grasp any undestanding that you have previously missed:)

Hi Neil, thanks!
Yes, spanish is the principal language here. Sorry.
Please help me on this, which/where can I read the principal rules/ideas about 80/20 ? Also do you have a website?
Thanks in advance.

:)

Alberto I assume from your bad spelling and lack of grammar that you are not English. This could be why you do not understand. Perhaps you could try reading the thread a few times which may help you to grasp any undestanding that you have previously missed:)

Hi NVP!
Where is ?
Thanks in advance.

go to my home page here for site.......... I use my indicator called the FXcorrelator.....................just google it

N