Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Hi Neil, I hope all is well. I want to ask you if there is a fxcorrelator version for exotics and cryptos. Thanks

Hi Neil, I hope all is well. I want to ask you if there is a fxcorrelator version for exotics and cryptos. Thanks
Hey J

not at this time - sorry .....im sure theres stuff out there though.....

N

Forex Diary Week ending 1st July 2022

Bulls
Brown CAD, Grey CHF , Yellow JPY , Green USD all at times ......

Bears
Yellow JPY (both sides) , Red GBP

on the 1 HR TF FX Powerscanner (left indicators) we have a Bear GBP dominating top 7 pairs ....

on the Fix start indcator (right chart) we saw the currencies mentioned above all hitting alpha bull and bear status at various times .....

a great weeks trading .....if you follow the right currency pairs !

N

Attachments

• forex Diary 1 st July 2022.JPG
    forex Diary 1 st July 2022.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 103
Forex Diary Week ending 8th July 2022

Bulls
Orange AUD, Turquoise NZD, Green USD all at times ......

Bears
Blue Euro, Yellow JPY early in week

on the Daily TF FX Powerscanner (left indicator) we have a Bear Euro dominating the top pairs ....

on the Fix start indcator (right chart) we saw the currencies mentioned above all hitting alpha bull and bear status at various times .....

was a decent week if you followed the relative momentum in the market

N

Attachments

• fxcorrelator.JPG
    fxcorrelator.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 80
Forex Diary Week ending 15th July 2022

Bulls
Green USD, Grey CHF, Turquoise NZD all at times ......

Bears
Blue Euro, Red GBP then Yellow JPY later in week

on the 4H TF FX Powerscanner (left indicator) we have a Bear JPY dominating the top pairs ....

overall a decent week if you followed the rules and watched market structure.....

N

Attachments

• forex Diary 15th July 2022.JPG
    forex Diary 15th July 2022.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 85
Forex Traders !

if youre not selling yen this year.... then what planet are you on ?

heres a Yen index vs. my popular Fix Start indicator .....patterns look familiar ?

with a fix start of 1st Jan 2022 - by mid march the Yellow JPY went Alpha Bear against all other currencies and its never looked back

sure the Red GBP is trying ......(cant imagine why its bear as well) ......but JPY is absolutely getting destroyed so far this year

(oh yeah and that Greenback USD seems to be the Alpha Bull so far)

but for how long ? ................how the hell do i know ? - i just trade it !

N

Attachments

• JPY 2022.JPG
    JPY 2022.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 81
Forex Diary Week ending 22nd July 2022

Bulls
yellow JPY , Brown CAD , Blue Euro all at times ......late run on JPY was a huge swing

Bears
Green USD then Yellow JPY later in week.....see huge swing play above on thrursday

on the 1H TF FX Powerscanner (left indicator) we have a Bull JPY dominating the top pairs ....telling my traders where to be ........

on the Fix start indicator (right chart) we saw the currencies mentioned above all hitting alpha bull and bear status at various times .....

overall a decent week if you followed the rules and watched market structure.....just be consistent in your trading - thats the secret .......no BS

N

Attachments

• forex Diary 22nd July 2022.JPG
    forex Diary 22nd July 2022.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 63
I will not EVER use indicators again. They simply are not needed to trade any market. EVER!

ok S......good for you ......all traders are different ....as long as you are making money its all good ....22 years in forex and ive seen people making consistent money with some amazing systems ...all different ........thats why trading is so interesting to me ...... im always learning new stuff every day from my traders and others I follow

Forex Diary Week ending 29th July 2022

Bulls
yellow JPY , Red GBP ......late run up on JPY was a huge swing

Bears
Yellow JPY earlier in week....see huge swing play above on wednesday
Blue Euro ...then Green USd on friday

on the 1H TF FX Powerscanner (left indicator) we have a Bull JPY AGAIN dominating the top pairs ....telling my traders where to be ........(see last weeks post)

on the Fix start indicator (right chart) we saw the currencies mentioned above all hitting alpha bull and bear status at various times .....

N

Attachments

• forex Diary 29th July 2022.JPG
    forex Diary 29th July 2022.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 55
Forex Diary Week ending 12th AUG 2022

Bulls
Yellow JPY, Turquoise NZD, Grey CHF , Orange AUD all at times ......

Bears
Green USD the main player ....

on the Daily TF FX Powerscanner (left indicator) we have a Bull NZD dominating the top pairs ....

was a decent week if you followed the relative momentum in the market

N

Attachments

• fxcorrelator.JPG
    fxcorrelator.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 63
I am not sure about correlation. In the past I used to worry about it too much, made sure that the pairs I trade were maximally uncorrelated. But recently I changed my mind. Forex Market is a whole. Any pair can only be temporarily uncorrelated with any other. The relation can change at any time. I think the only way to make our trading portfolio uncorrelated is to mix forex as a whole with other markets.

Forex Diary Week ending 26th AUG 2022

Bulls
Orange AUD, Brown Cad , Turquoise NZD ......

Bears
Blue Euro , Grey CHF the main players ....

on the Daily TF FX Powerscanner (left indicator) we have a Bull GBP and a Bear USD dominating the top pairs ....

on the Fix start indcator (right chart) we saw the currencies mentioned above all hitting alpha bull and bear status at various times .....maxxing out at 100 pip levels was pretty lightweight for a weeks action

BUT it still was a decent week if you followed the relative momentum in the market

N

Attachments

• forex Diary 26TH AUG  2022.JPG
    forex Diary 26TH AUG 2022.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 70
Forex Diary Week ending 9th Sept 2022

Bulls
Red GBP, Blue Euro , Grey CHF ....

Bears
Yellow JPY .....Huge Bear !!!

on the Daily TF FX Powerscanner (left indicator) we have the Bear JPY dominating the top pairs ....

on the Fix start indicator (right chart) we saw the Yellow JPY hit -400s in pips this week ...astounding selloff !

it was an awesome weak selling JPY in most pairs

N

Attachments

• forex Diary 9th Sept 2022.JPG
    forex Diary 9th Sept 2022.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 55
Forex Diary Week ending 23rd SEP 2022

Bulls
Yellow JPY, Green USD ......

Bears
Red GBP.....

on the DAILY TF FX Powerscanner (left indicator) we have a Bear GBP starting to dominate the top pairs ....

N

Attachments

• forex Diary 23rd SEP 2022.JPG
    forex Diary 23rd SEP 2022.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 41