Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

could have had ucad rebuys off 3234/5 to 39 so far .........but missed it

as thought cable flicked the 2788 to stop out scalpers ...looking to sell it now ...N

couldnt get cable under 2782 ....really frustrating .......market has been turning over now .....GBP coming north hard now so been happier to buy it

later
N

cracking run up from 2780s to the 2920s from cable ...worth waiting for

jees it was painful today before that !

:confused: where does your gang hang out :cheesy:

around 300 online subscribers to my website blogs and 200+ on youtube members .........plus about 1000 in my database from contacts and e-mail exchanges over last few years .......

obviously "hindsight" does have an audience......;):smart:

(this was an older communication but i thought I would straighten that out as well whilst we were on the subject)

cheers
N

Last edited:
freshened up and trading the Dow opening session now on Forex ....

GBP initially came off a little and Cable has been worth selling .....usd now under pressure so im on ucad sells .......reselling from 3220s down to 3190s so far ......

GBP can wait re more reselling ...wouldnt recommend chancing it above 2864/65 levels really

this is not hindsight trading ...I'm just stating what going on in the G8 dynamics and why i am on certain pairs ...........

N

ucad offered a decent resell at 1.3200 levels .....spiked down to 3187 so far

market is lean guys ....ZZZZZZZZz

ok relatively quiet today so far ......no drama

markets are in the Black friday holiday weekend period anyway

tiny opps to scalp cable and EU and EJ bull post 6am but hardly a pip fest

personally i would prefer to see Europeans selling and go that route into morning....

2870s will be good place to resell cable if offered
1415s approx decent resells on EU
128.80s for reselling ej

be patient
N

ok Cable spiked to 2876/77 offering half decent scalps down to 2863 now ....

slow but sure trading guys ....

ok Cable spiked to 2876/77 offering half decent scalps down to 2863 now ....

slow but sure trading guys ....

ok 8am bar ........watch the fakeout signals ....its 50/50 what direction most pairs are going at moment

well im still working the cable sells ......that structure is holding ok .....need more of a major move though to get the party really started

ok relatively quiet today so far ......no drama

markets are in the Black friday holiday weekend period anyway

tiny opps to scalp cable and EU and EJ bull post 6am but hardly a pip fest

personally i would prefer to see Europeans selling and go that route into morning....

2870s will be good place to resell cable if offered
1415s approx decent resells on EU
128.80s for reselling ej

be patient
N

ok .....

Cable been to 2830s so far ....
EU to 1370s
EJ to 128.30s

tell me you are making money ...please :smart:
N

heres my Lance Beggs email this morning and something i keep banging on about as well to all the traders I work with .....

Start with a strong defence !!!

Trading is a totally brutal and unforgiving game.....absolutely no quarter is given by the market .....it may look great in hindsight ....but thats hindsight....in the moment its as confusing and tough as it can be ....

a lot of traders talk to me about their projected win ratios 2:1 , 3:1 and so on ..........

seriously ? ...you waste time worrying about that ?*

heres what you worry about ..........

your win / lose ratio.........and more importantly ......your % of incorrect executions

thats it ......dont worry about hitting the ball out of the ground .........lets just start by hitting the damn ball a few feet ....ok ?*

in other words ....i want you all ONLY taking the best trades and executing them well

is that hard ?

No in theory ........but 100% yes in practice............*

Defence Defence Defence ..........worry about the rest later*

Start with a strong defence !!!

Hi Lance,

I heard this recently while watching football.

It's not how many great plays you make, it's how few bad plays you make.

I immediately emailed this to myself because it is so applicable to trading. I know where the good places are to trade, but the key is waiting for price to get there and not "forcing" a trade.

Here is the full quote I found online:

"Like I always say, it's not how many great plays you make; it's how few bad ones you make. I know fans, and even some losing coaches, are enamored with long pass completions or the great run plays, but that doesn't offset the interception or the fumble."... Jimmy Johnson

Last edited:
this morning was all about conservative plays and being tight ..until the doors opened and we got the real moves

an inexperienced trader will have lost a few pips trying to hunt cable until it was ripe ...i did warn people earlier .....

then the markets opened and offered up a brief period of good good trading .......

so the experienced trader moves in and hits it hard !!!

then steps out again and puts the defensive shields up until the next opportunity arises

it is much much cheaper to not take a trade in the first place than suffer a foolish loss and then have to get 2 1:1 winning trades or a 2:1 return trade to get you back to B/Even !

play the odds into your favour .......you dont HAVE to trade !

ok .....

Cable been to 2830s so far ....
EU to 1370s
EJ to 128.30s

tell me you are making money ...please :smart:
N

cable been down to 2800s
EU ran nicely down to 1330s
EJ ran nicely down to 127.90s

so been a nice session today ....once the mist cleared !

N

Good day in markets ...

Euro and GBP both sold off solidly ........USD and Yen have been nicely bull plays all day

have a good weekend
N

hey all

euro going well this morning off the weekend shenanigans....im on EU and EJ buys