Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

morning all ....

been scalping since 6.30..........interesting so far

euro recovering a little so far .....but will it last the day ?
Happy to sell yen and usd into it ....yen is THE sell though so far

heres the action so far.....ive been working scalps up from 125.50 on EJ and 1540's EU
aside from initial raw breaches ...ive marked the obvious area where many traders came back in for more buys ....loads of systems will have identified an opportunity ....from fibs to RSI's to Ma crosses .....not rocket science

N

Attachments

• euro bull.JPG
    euro bull.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 119
another scalp 1576 - 1582/3 so far on EU .......ZZZZZ
similarly 125.93-126.05 on EJ .......ZZZZZZ

not convinced we will see new highs here now on these pairs ???

im really waiting for a Euro meltdown again today .........but will only trade it if i see it

N

usd driving down hard now .Eu up to 1588 so a decent 3rd scalp of morning on that pair now ..waatching Euro index like a hawk ....i am looking for sells off daily highs

ok going to step out for a while ...

ive had some nice euro buys this morning ...about 6 scalps off the EU and EJ pairs as it has come up from levels below ....50 pip drive off EU and 60 pip drive off the EJ so far .....ok

its not rocket science ........just find a solid and robust strategy , add some common sense and plenty of focus and discipline ...and 100% execution excellence .......

the rest is just then about getting the sample size of your trades up to shift the odds more in your favour .....

you need at least 1000 trades using any proven and reliable system to guarantee profits .....:)

all systems will falter on lower sample sizes ...so give them time

N

Attachments

• euro bull.JPG
    euro bull.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 112
major major tests for the euro bull now .......its faded a lot and under pressure ...

i am really looking to short Euro if the signals hold .....we will see next 30 mins

N

EurCHF is my main potential sell at moment ...im frustrated i didnt hit it earlier as euro faded a little

shouldve been bold at 1490's for resells .........1464 at moment ....will come in on a bounce

N

euro has come back off the floor .....wasnt expecting that.....EJ rebuy was nice

still think this is it for euro so will again recommense looking to short it soon

taken small profits ............its sloooow now in market so im just sniping off easy quick wins

heres the market on a 1 hour 20ma .......

euro has been killing it bull since about 6am BST (8am on my chart)
likewise the yellow yen bombed it as well south

i did ok earlier on these trades

i am trying to be a clever dicky and short the euro in anticipation of a new york selloff....and for other reasons not shown by or from the basic FXcorrelator .......

yen is still moving so no reason to anticipate a bounce buy yet

i am hunting CAD , NZD and CHF buys into the euro .....but on small scalps only

Eurcad offered a handfull of sell pips in last 15 mins and is still running as a decent scalp sell ....Eur chf was a scratch selloff ......i didnt sell euro into NZD unfortunately as its running

N

Attachments

• g8 action.JPG
    g8 action.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 99
EURCAD still coming south ....to 5073 now from 5095 ...i was calling a little later in 5080's though

ok back later ..this is now very much the limbo period before NY open and London is tailing off

the London session has been okish......luckily the Euro Bull and the Yen bear moved enough to make it a decent session ...........Sterling was very much 3-4th place in action which is unusual

expect it to fire up NY session

N

23 mins to NY Bell.....

USD has been bear all morning ...50 pip move since 6.30 BST.....EU offered most opps
Yen solid bear......got to -90's ....excellent action
Euro the bull .....suprised me how far it got north this morning .....to +70 pips but fading at moment

EJ has turned over on the 5mins ...lets see if it holds and we finally get a selloff of Euro
i'll mainly play EU I suspect .....perhaps EJ but i need more selling on yen to persuade me

later
N

watching UCAD resells ........been driftign for a while back now to 2996/7.....will hit it if it drifts down to 2980s

hmmm.cad is running the bear show so far and thats not working for me ......not seeing anything to play it off with a weak/nuetral USD ........yen , NZD bull .....cant be arsed to trade those pairs

im seeing the euro turning over bear ....will hunt EUR sells into primarily
gbp chf NZD and slowly the EU sells may be offering

waiting for some setups to confirm

please gimme a pullback on EJ ...please ....euro and CAD are settling in as the NY session sells ....we just need some setups now gang ...

mistype - CAD spiked north ...just resetting some indicators to trade the big step chnage