corn mini - starting out - tradability questions

chibiks

So right now, CME mini sized corn has average daily volume of between 150-300 contracts.

I intend to start corn mini trading with $2,500 swing trading - too small? Tick size is $1.25.

Do you think this contract daily turnover is liquid enough for my trading style?

So right now, CME mini sized corn has average daily volume of between 150-300 contracts.

I intend to start corn mini trading with $2,500 swing trading - too small? Tick size is $1.25.

Do you think this contract daily turnover is liquid enough for my trading style?

The biggest problem you'll find in mini-grains is that the lack of liquidity will sting on you fills. Now you mentioned that you'll be swing trading the market which means you'll be looking for more "moderate" sized moves and not so much short daily swings. This is probably a workable strategy since getting hit a little bit on your fills won't kill your profitability.

The other thing you want to make sure of, is that any market orders you place are done during the "pit" session hours. After market hours liquidity in this area is atrocious.