Conversion between index values and tracking stocks

awoodj

Hi All

Just looking for a little advice, does anyone know what the process/factors are to convert the level in the QQQ's to Naz100, DIA to DJindustrial's and SPY's to S+P500 is (and vice versa)

Or if there is a good web site that explains it then just point me to that.

Basically i am looking to run systems based on the QQQ's etc which use limit orders and i need to convert these to an appropriate value based on the index values.

(PS I know there may be issues because of price divergence etc but i am hoping that with Arbitrage etc going on these will be pretty minimal)

Thanks

Last edited:
awoodj

I don't think that there is an exact conversion factor at any given time. For QQQ : $NDX, according to the Nasdaq site, the conversion is intended to be approx 40. Based on Yahoo closing prices only, the ratio has varied between 42.58 and 39.17 from March 2000 to date, currently approx 40.2

rog1111

awoodj said:
Hi All

Just looking for a little advice, does anyone know what the process/factors are to convert the level in the QQQ's to Naz100, DIA to DJindustrial's and SPY's to S+P500 is (and vice versa)

Or if there is a good web site that explains it then just point me to that.

Basically i am looking to run systems based on the QQQ's etc which use limit orders and i need to convert these to an appropriate value based on the index values.

(PS I know there may be issues because of price divergence etc but i am hoping that with Arbitrage etc going on these will be pretty minimal)

Thanks