Continuously losing :(

so your telling that you have already spent a lot of time and still holding on because of it
i get it now. but it took too long. professionals have other professionals to draw on ..share ideas/inside info etc

as retail sitting in a room all alone...no one but yourself...well this better be an obsession as it it with me..i've put THOUSANDS of hours/days/weekends into this.

i get it now. but it took too long. professionals have other professionals to draw on ..share ideas/inside info etc

as retail sitting in a room all alone...no one but yourself...well this better be an obsession as it it with me..i've put THOUSANDS of hours/days/weekends into this.
so are you satisfied with your results

I opened my account in April and im already down 33 % , losses are pretty consistent, occasionally i will make 3 , 4 % profit , im consistent with my strategy and rarely trade emotionally , i observed that i hit the sl and lose the trade often but if i move it lower i will risk more than 3 %
per trade , how can i fix this ?

What broker are you using? Are they trustworthy?

i think the point is taking money out of professionals mouths is very difficult

you aren't a professional, right?

why do you think you have a leg on up professionals? you are the quiet genius or smthg?
what gives professionals advantage over retailers (im new i dont know )

havent forex being trending lately ?

They haven't been following long-term trends lately. Looking at last week's bar on a 3-month length chart, most of these shown on the 28 important pairs charts overlapped with more than half the consecutive preceding bars in the 3mths. Less than half the 28 pairs have traded in accordance with their 50EMA on the weekly chart over the last 3mths - i.e. a weekly close above the 50 being followed by a price rise a weekly close below the 50 being followed by a price fall.

On the short-term I have only been following GBP/USD. It shows a tendency over the last 10 weeks or so to reverse 2, 3 or even more times between the London open and the new York open.

This is all a bit detailed and maybe subtle but its certainly not normal.

I've heard this, but is it true? if it is why would high net worth individuals place ANY money in their hedge fund hands if they are losing all this money?

Some extremely high net worth individuals place their money with "family offices" that pools money. Even some of them don't do well, just as a decent amount of hedge funds also don't do well that accept lower ones. Just because someone has a lot of money does not mean they are smart or intelligent or even if they are maybe they placed money based on a recommendation of someone else , willing to accept the risk since they have capital to spare, maybe put money in just to say they are involved, overconfident, lack of research or etc. I mean we could list tons of points and probably even some better ones, but the point is I think you're giving them too much credit. And of course everyone who has a lot of money doesn't mean they will automatically win.

Why do people start businesses? Most businesses especially on your first try often fail.

Also, responding to your other comment "trying to game professionals out of their money". This is not really true, unless you're trading really big size, trading is mostly just a game and a battle between yourself. People over complicate it and fall victim to all the information out there. Sure, it may be correct that trading is hard for retail, but there are people who make it. A lot of retail fail though because they believe the "common knowledge". Things like "algo's will get you" "big money has too much advantage".

You choose when to enter a position and you choose when to exit a position. You have more control over the market than you think. Of course I can't be certain because I don't know you or your exact situation but more than likely you are losing money because you are losing the battle against yourself, not professional traders or algo's. Being profitable rarely takes some master plan or incredible lengths with some perfect strategy. It's about being consistent, not having the pressure to make a certain amount each day and not trading so big that your emotions take over.

It's difficult to explain both of these things exactly how I wanted to and really long winded, but hopefully it's some what clear what I am trying to say.

Some extremely high net worth individuals place their money with "family offices" that pools money. Even some of them don't do well, just as a decent amount of hedge funds also don't do well that accept lower ones. Just because someone has a lot of money does not mean they are smart or intelligent or even if they are maybe they placed money based on a recommendation of someone else , willing to accept the risk since they have capital to spare, maybe put money in just to say they are involved, overconfident, lack of research or etc. I mean we could list tons of points and probably even some better ones, but the point is I think you're giving them too much credit. And of course everyone who has a lot of money doesn't mean they will automatically win.

Why do people start businesses? Most businesses especially on your first try often fail.

Also, responding to your other comment "trying to game professionals out of their money". This is not really true, unless you're trading really big size, trading is mostly just a game and a battle between yourself. People over complicate it and fall victim to all the information out there. Sure, it may be correct that trading is hard for retail, but there are people who make it. A lot of retail fail though because they believe the "common knowledge". Things like "algo's will get you" "big money has too much advantage".

You choose when to enter a position and you choose when to exit a position. You have more control over the market than you think. Of course I can't be certain because I don't know you or your exact situation but more than likely you are losing money because you are losing the battle against yourself, not professional traders or algo's. Being profitable rarely takes some master plan or incredible lengths with some perfect strategy. It's about being consistent, not having the pressure to make a certain amount each day and not trading so big that your emotions take over.

It's difficult to explain both of these things exactly how I wanted to and really long winded, but hopefully it's some what clear what I am trying to say.
so true most traders lose due to their own issues but they tend to blame the market