Concept FX

Have you considered doing the opposite of concept?
:D Yes, I even posted this a while back. It looked as if this made sense last night. It went close to stopping out and then back up to the trigger point, then I went to bed and it stopped out later last night. Bugger.

Phil

Not sure what benefit the risk bar will be, as if it gives you more winners, but smaller profits, then it may be best to stick with the 50% setting.

It needs to be run for a few days and the resuts recorded with what different trades it gives, with the entry, stop loss, and target points.

Anyone want to apply for this job???

Concept doesn't signal a trade?

Phil

Not anymore. The pairs have trended amazing pip gains for the past week or two. I have made a killing on EUR/USD since the 29th of Sep. I just wish concept would enter a trade and take advantage of the obvious trends.

Not anymore. The pairs have trended amazing pip gains for the past week or two. I have made a killing on EUR/USD since the 29th of Sep. I just wish concept would enter a trade and take advantage of the obvious trends.

Why are you all still wasting your time and money on Concept? Sorry, but you're crazy! You need to get real and "move on". The system has fallen apart, and the option of altering risk level is nonsense! The present market has offered fantastic opportunities and Concept misses every time. Nothing to do with level of risk.

Why are you all still wasting your time and money on Concept? Sorry, but you're crazy! You need to get real and "move on". The system has fallen apart, and the option of altering risk level is nonsense! The present market has offered fantastic opportunities and Concept misses every time. Nothing to do with level of risk.
Well at the moment it's mostly time. As you predicted in an earlier post the trades have dried up and as you and Pvisser point out, Concept has missed some big moves in the recent week or so.

I'm still running the updates every evening as I have only relatively recently put four grand into something that has only lost me money and I suppose I'm reluctant to admit I'm a mug and hoping that things will look up. :confused:

Phil

I knew this question was going to come up. Next year I'm looking to go on holiday a lot. So therefore a system like concept where I only have to check it once a day would be perfect. I won't be in a position to trade like I do now where I can trade my own current trend based strategy. At the moment I only place between 3-5 trades per week but it's still taking up around 4 hours a day of analysing and waiting around. Next year when I am off on holiday I either want a system like concept or an expert advisor that works.

So I'm trying out these ideas for my own selfish benefit. If it doesn't work thats, that. Stop criticising us, we've had it for over a month now and get the point.

... The present market has offered fantastic opportunities and Concept misses every time. Nothing to do with level of risk.

I follow the posted results on FX53.com (regularly updated, with the bad as well as the good) and the open trade on the link above:

061 GBP/JPY 07-10-08 SELL 177.60 OPEN

will at the time of writing have made 502 pips. And not a sound from Concept since
29th sept :mad:

Phil

I follow the posted results on FX53.com (regularly updated, with the bad as well as the good) and the open trade on the link above:

will at the time of writing have made 502 pips. And not a sound from Concept since

Phil

Thank you for that link it looks like a good system with minimal effort. I have just bought another system called ProFX from Forexeasystems - Manual Trading Strategy - ProFx

So far I have tested it on 5 currency pairs and it works brilliantly on three of them.

I have found though that if you buy custom indicators, all you need is an entry. With effective risk management and trading psychology you can produce amazing results. If you do your own analysis (which takes me a long time) and it doesnt work you might be psychologically affected afterwards, but if you just get a simple indicationn from an indicator you can concentrate on your risk management and psych.

I think that should work. At the same time I'm waiting for concept to work

Phil

interesting reading id say...i suppopse they are a trending black box system where as concept may not be...but the results show from july 25th...8 wins and 15 losses...one of the biggest wins was a 15th of aug..did we not miss that by 3 pips and it went into 700 pip profit..which would have made a big difference to our results..

now look at the results prior to july./...nearly the same as concepts..mostly all winners..
i dont think any black box system will work till all the dust settles and im glad concept are not taking trades just now. there are a lot of people making some big money just now...im not one of them..lol im happy to wait till the TA comes back into its own

Graham

I am with you on this. There are many black box systems making predictions, but the markets the past few weeks have been awful for EOD, so am glad concept have not been giving alerts. Intraday has been great if you can get on the run, but until the market settles, I feel concept will get it wrong more than right. It is a shame, as I would have liked to have made all the investment money back before renewal of the service comes up, so I can make the decison whether to do it for another year. At the moment it would be unliklely based on current results. Things may change

Graham

I am with you on this. There are many black box systems making predictions, but the markets the past few weeks have been awful for EOD, so am glad concept have not been giving alerts. Intraday has been great if you can get on the run, but until the market settles, I feel concept will get it wrong more than right. It is a shame, as I would have liked to have made all the investment money back before renewal of the service comes up, so I can make the decison whether to do it for another year. At the moment it would be unliklely based on current results. Things may change
When you boys want to make your money back, come and find me.

You can't miss me, I'll be at the bar wearing a double rig, stetson and drinking old number 7.

Has anyone contacted them and asked why no trades have come up? I know the reason may be the markets are too volitile, but didn't the new version come out for that exact purpose?

Flogging a dead horse

Sorry people, but as a former user who has seen the light, I have got to say it again........

It is no good blindly following Concept, or waiting for it to "come good". The system has gone the same way as Tradewin. Anyone who thinks otherwise is in cloud cuckoo land. If you hope to recover your losses, or your outlay, Concept won't do it!

And those who are now buying in with discounts, staged payments etc are kidding themselves.

If you have psychological problems letting go, I sympathise. But you must just let go. You will feel a lot better once you do, believe me!

Thanks for your input sandy..but as a past tradewin member also i will say it will come back..no blackbox system is really working today.....sandy sounds like u have a trading plan now..good luck to u and hope u do well (concept was good for you in some ways)...im sticking with concept as a long term investment..ive no time to learn or play the markets the way other traders do...

im not looking for concept to make any trades over the next 3 weeks..or even till after the usa elections...the TA is too volotile to read...intraday guy and scalpers are making a killing..postional guys like us are having to wait..and iv got the time to wait.

Thank you for that link it looks like a good system with minimal effort. I have just bought another system called ProFX from Forexeasystems - Manual Trading Strategy - ProFx

So far I have tested it on 5 currency pairs and it works brilliantly on three of them.

I have found though that if you buy custom indicators, all you need is an entry. With effective risk management and trading psychology you can produce amazing results. If you do your own analysis (which takes me a long time) and it doesnt work you might be psychologically affected afterwards, but if you just get a simple indicationn from an indicator you can concentrate on your risk management and psych.

I think that should work. At the same time I'm waiting for concept to work

pvisser,
anddy26,

I like the point about using the custom systems for trade entry, and then exiting using money management and staying cool. That is where I have arrived in my own trading journey.

I have ProFX too. I do think the chart is too crowded with indicators, but as a trend following system it is sound. I also have Sniper, which is easier on the eye, and very similar to ProFX. The system I am most attracted to is FX53, but I am not willing (yet) to layout £700. As for everyday trading, I am now using a fractal breakout method, with the Alligator indicator as a filter, which is simple and easy, with some success. I may try Sniper as the filter instead of the Alligator.

I bought into the Shark EA, but have not had a chance to give it a fair go yet, as I've been travelling. The first few trades it did however were not successful overall because there were too many losing trades. Being a bit of a "system tart" I also bought the Forex Autocash EA, which I have not yet setup to trade because of travelling.

The EAs do pose a problem if you cannot be online 24/365. So I bought into a VPN service on which I will run EAs. Papertrading initially obviously. I am in the process of setting everything up. ForexVPS :: Forex VPS Hosting . Sadly of course the EAs (always assuming they work!) cannot be used for spreadbetting.

I use an ODLS demo account on the Meta Trader 4 platform.

Ah, the Forex Autocash Robot. Almost nine years without a single loss, every trade a winner, said the pre-launch build-up. And then it launched, thus going live. And what happened the first week? Yep you've guessed it!
Ah well.....

Ah, the Forex Autocash Robot. Almost nine years without a single loss, every trade a winner, said the pre-launch build-up. And then it launched, thus going live. And what happened the first week? Yep you've guessed it!
Ah well.....

was that the company formerly known as the Royal Bank of Scotland..lol
at least he walked away with 4.2m a year

pvisser,
anddy26,

I like the point about using the custom systems for trade entry, and then exiting using money management and staying cool. That is where I have arrived in my own trading journey.

I have ProFX too. I do think the chart is too crowded with indicators, but as a trend following system it is sound. I also have Sniper, which is easier on the eye, and very similar to ProFX. The system I am most attracted to is FX53, but I am not willing (yet) to layout £700. As for everyday trading, I am now using a fractal breakout method, with the Alligator indicator as a filter, which is simple and easy, with some success. I may try Sniper as the filter instead of the Alligator.

I bought into the Shark EA, but have not had a chance to give it a fair go yet, as I've been travelling. The first few trades it did however were not successful overall because there were too many losing trades. Being a bit of a "system tart" I also bought the Forex Autocash EA, which I have not yet setup to trade because of travelling.

The EAs do pose a problem if you cannot be online 24/365. So I bought into a VPN service on which I will run EAs. Papertrading initially obviously. I am in the process of setting everything up. ForexVPS :: Forex VPS Hosting . Sadly of course the EAs (always assuming they work!) cannot be used for spreadbetting.

I use an ODLS demo account on the Meta Trader 4 platform.

I have been following EA shark with several different forums and the conclusion on a lot of them is that it doesn't work unless you trade it with FXDD broker. I'm not sure why this is, but I think it's to do with a combination of different spreads, swap, how they execute trades, and obv brokers chose their own way of following the underlying market. So word of warning about EA shark. If you are going to get it do it on FXDD which is the same broker that they use to portray their results on the website.

As for concept. I am going to use it until the 2k I have in the spreadbetting account disappears. Why buy a system for 4k and not even give it a 2k chance? That's my personal view. Don't trade with what you cant lose.

My advice to anyone is that don't buy concept, wait until I come back and confirm a year's fat profit. Or wait until I come back with a fat zero lol. Got a trade on tonight btw