Concept FX

Hi All,

First time post.

I decided to buy in to Concept FX without reference to this forum. I had previously bought into Tradewin last year. Believe it or not , although I signed up to Trade2Win some time ago, I did not read any relevant thread here before buying Concept FX. After I had bought it occurred to me that maybe someone on here would have started a thread!!! That's what I'm like.

In the first 3 months of using Tradewin I was definitely well in profit, and was projecting forward to the day I would be a millionaire (as you do). However I was plotting my trades against those posted on their website and found that my profits were only half as good. The problem was quite simply that alerts were triggering at any time of the trading day, and it simply was not possible, no matter how promptly I opened or closed trades, to catch the ever moving prices. So slippage was causing me big problems, and I also realised that in losing periods I would be very vulnerable, and I did eventually find that my bank was slowly wasting away, when the Tradewin record was still showing a profits coming in, albeit more modestly. So it was slippage that killed it for me. Also no assistance with money management, which was always rather a tortuous calculation to be done before sizing the trade. Overall it was a very disappointing experience, and I resigned myself to never being a millionaire.

Nevertheless, having met the guys at Tradewin, I had determined that they were pretty straight. There is a problem in dealing with any "Blackbox" merchants however, and that is you just do not know what is going on under the bonnet. Issues like curve fitting, rigging the record etc are just not open to discussion.

Then recently I got their email offering Concept FX. Of course I was very sceptical! However I did quite a comprehensive MS Excel analysis of the published "results", breaking down the record in various ways, and of course graphing the equity curves for each currency pair. And I reviewed a percenatge of the trades to check they stacked up, and that the supposed record matched up historically. This record is actually much more persuasive than the Tradewin system record, because the chance of any significant slippage is much much less. This is because all trades are opened and closed as Limit/Stop orders set in advance, and they must normally trigger the trades on the alert price.

My analysis showed that the win/loss ratio is almost exactly 50/50, but the losses are limited by the stop loss method, and the profits are allowed to run (by whatever method they use - I haven't yet sussed that out). The currency pair that has the ugliest equity curve is the EURJPY, and it also has a large majority of losing trades, and also many fewer triggered trades. This pair has overall shown a very good profit, but I would be inclined to not trade it on the system because the records shows a few huge profits in some trades are balanced by bad losing periods. If you were to only trade the EURJPY with this sytem, I think you would very likely get blown out by the draw downs.

I have seen that the profitability of the system is been very markedly improving with each year, not just because the stakes have been higher. The profitable trades have shown a marked improvement. Maybe just the market "personality", but maybe they are tweaking the system somehow. I would love some independant reassurance that the results were actually obtained using the system, but I have had to simply take it on trust.

Everything depends on the consistency of the alerts, and as it is a black box, there's nothing to do but either trust them or not buy in at all. And of course one has to trust that the system providers will not suddenly evaporate and leave one high and dry.

My first alert came in on 4 July, and others have followed. But none have as yet triggered an actual trade, and I am kicking my heels! Its driving me crazy, but hopefuly a trade will eventually trigger!

As a post script, I would just say that I am determined to stick rigidly to the system, both as regards the trade entry and exit levels, but also as regards the money management. I have been trading for 4 years now, using various and flexible "methodologies"and am very much out of pocket as a result of failing in both these respects! Also as a result of overtrading, and I think developing a rather damaging gambling mentality, with a low boredom threshold! In short I have been totally consistent only in the numerous and constant mistakes I have made! There is not a mistake I have not been guilty of repeatedly. Most people think I am a very intelligent man, but you would be right to suggest I am a fool, and should not be in this game at all! But please do not comment! I have already told myself everything that needs to be said.

What I need now is confidence in the entry/exit method, good money management and no overtrading. If the system helps me, it will be a big step forward. The big step back is that it makes me a "dependant trader" which is not attractive as a concept, but then my history shows that as an "independent trader" I have been a disaster!

So, this time it really has to work.

GMP...i actually asked concepts permission ifthe minded me saying things on a forum..They HATE forums as they are made up of guys who dismiss and misrepresent them...i told them i was going to print my results as i have them and if they differ from theirs then they deserve to get shot down....They did say how ever if i send them sales they would offer me £250 as a commision for referring people...i have never mentioned this in the past as it may look as if i am touting for them...trust me im not!! i think 4k for a bit of software is a bit much..but given the possible results worth it..The beauty about these forums is they are mostly genuine people interested in the same goals..to make money...I am no different..i want to make money..and if a 4k investment assists me..(and if you can afford to loose 4k) then its an investment worth its merrit.

Right, if I'm convinced in a year's time and decide to hop on board I'll do so via a referral from you... mind you, if the system's successful enough to convince me, £250 will be peanuts to you by then!

Hi Sandy,

Very interesting post!!

Yes indeed with concept FX you don't get any slippage as use to stop or limit orders to open the trades. The results will never be quite as high as the results on the website, simply because brokers close and reopen the trades at the end of the day, so you lose a pip or two in the process. Still it will ever only be a few pips lower than the totals they post.

I've been using Concept since middle of May, and so far its been pretty damn good.

A little frustrating at the moment as we've been waiting for a new trade to open for over a week, but as you say "over trading" is a killer, so its really not to bad to waiting until a proper signal gets activated.

Good luck!

WoW

you must be my long lost twin!!:whistling i have the same problems and am just about to buy the software myself, what sort of size acount are you trading and are you spead betting? I use FXCM as they don't have a dealer desk anymore :clap: for me this is the last option in FX, i want to see that you can actually be profitable before i spend anymoe time reading!! i must say the book( the way of the Turtles ) is a must read to remedy some off the problems you quite bravely admitted. my personal postion is i have recently sold my business and am looking for a better return than the crap 6% the bank give me(n) now property is buggered trying to get more than 6% is a struggle,

Hi All,

First time post.

I decided to buy in to Concept FX without reference to this forum. I had previously bought into Tradewin last year. Believe it or not , although I signed up to Trade2Win some time ago, I did not read any relevant thread here before buying Concept FX. After I had bought it occurred to me that maybe someone on here would have started a thread!!! That's what I'm like.

In the first 3 months of using Tradewin I was definitely well in profit, and was projecting forward to the day I would be a millionaire (as you do). However I was plotting my trades against those posted on their website and found that my profits were only half as good. The problem was quite simply that alerts were triggering at any time of the trading day, and it simply was not possible, no matter how promptly I opened or closed trades, to catch the ever moving prices. So slippage was causing me big problems, and I also realised that in losing periods I would be very vulnerable, and I did eventually find that my bank was slowly wasting away, when the Tradewin record was still showing a profits coming in, albeit more modestly. So it was slippage that killed it for me. Also no assistance with money management, which was always rather a tortuous calculation to be done before sizing the trade. Overall it was a very disappointing experience, and I resigned myself to never being a millionaire.

Nevertheless, having met the guys at Tradewin, I had determined that they were pretty straight. There is a problem in dealing with any "Blackbox" merchants however, and that is you just do not know what is going on under the bonnet. Issues like curve fitting, rigging the record etc are just not open to discussion.

Then recently I got their email offering Concept FX. Of course I was very sceptical! However I did quite a comprehensive MS Excel analysis of the published "results", breaking down the record in various ways, and of course graphing the equity curves for each currency pair. And I reviewed a percenatge of the trades to check they stacked up, and that the supposed record matched up historically. This record is actually much more persuasive than the Tradewin system record, because the chance of any significant slippage is much much less. This is because all trades are opened and closed as Limit/Stop orders set in advance, and they must normally trigger the trades on the alert price.

My analysis showed that the win/loss ratio is almost exactly 50/50, but the losses are limited by the stop loss method, and the profits are allowed to run (by whatever method they use - I haven't yet sussed that out). The currency pair that has the ugliest equity curve is the EURJPY, and it also has a large majority of losing trades, and also many fewer triggered trades. This pair has overall shown a very good profit, but I would be inclined to not trade it on the system because the records shows a few huge profits in some trades are balanced by bad losing periods. If you were to only trade the EURJPY with this sytem, I think you would very likely get blown out by the draw downs.

I have seen that the profitability of the system is been very markedly improving with each year, not just because the stakes have been higher. The profitable trades have shown a marked improvement. Maybe just the market "personality", but maybe they are tweaking the system somehow. I would love some independant reassurance that the results were actually obtained using the system, but I have had to simply take it on trust.

Everything depends on the consistency of the alerts, and as it is a black box, there's nothing to do but either trust them or not buy in at all. And of course one has to trust that the system providers will not suddenly evaporate and leave one high and dry.

My first alert came in on 4 July, and others have followed. But none have as yet triggered an actual trade, and I am kicking my heels! Its driving me crazy, but hopefuly a trade will eventually trigger!

As a post script, I would just say that I am determined to stick rigidly to the system, both as regards the trade entry and exit levels, but also as regards the money management. I have been trading for 4 years now, using various and flexible "methodologies"and am very much out of pocket as a result of failing in both these respects! Also as a result of overtrading, and I think developing a rather damaging gambling mentality, with a low boredom threshold! In short I have been totally consistent only in the numerous and constant mistakes I have made! There is not a mistake I have not been guilty of repeatedly. Most people think I am a very intelligent man, but you would be right to suggest I am a fool, and should not be in this game at all! But please do not comment! I have already told myself everything that needs to be said.

What I need now is confidence in the entry/exit method, good money management and no overtrading. If the system helps me, it will be a big step forward. The big step back is that it makes me a "dependant trader" which is not attractive as a concept, but then my history shows that as an "independent trader" I have been a disaster!

So, this time it really has to work.

I agree, that way of the turtle is an excellent read, if only to get into the habit of not using emotion, dont overtrade, and plan the entry and exit points. Concept do all that for you, as long as you dont mess about, and tinker during the day (we all do it).

From what I have seen and read (and traded), this system will give the returns, and also a good benchmark for understanding the technical analysis. When you see the entry points that they aim for, there is almost a light bulb moment that makes it so simple. Following trends on other instruments should become easier, once the confidence rises, and there is consistent money coming from one source.

Lets hope the alerts trigger soon, so we can start discussing those.

Guys
I got a private message from steve the trader..he was the one discussing making it as a business plan which i dismissed..how ever on his message his plan was to start with a 10 k bank..and within a year have compounded bank of over 200k using concept....steve is a trader and uses concept..but instead of limiting the bank at 5% once you reach 25 k he will continue to compound ie on a 60k bank is £3000 risk per trade!!!!...his plan is agressive but he is 38 and plans to retire at 40!! with 180k tax free income..........sounds too good to be true but!! working on their track records and if they continue to provide the same results very achievable!!

he who dares wins

Sounds good to me. If you can get by without drawing on the trading pot, then happy days. However I should imagine the temptation to draw a little out will get greater and greater as the pot grows!!
I must admit, I'm doing exactly the same so I'm really quite excited about the whole thing at the moment.

Hi All who read my first post!

Thanks for your comments, and also lack of comment! I have a good feeling about Concept FX, but one cannot trust feelings in this game. The test of the pudding will be in the eating.

I am tempted to try and recover my huge past losses by starting with a maxi bank size, but am resisting it. No matter how good a system appears to be, there are always hidden issues which emerge when it is in use for real. I have yet to place a trade, but intend to assume a bank of £4000 and to risk an average 5% on each trade. I usually use CMC for spreadbetting, but they only allow trading amounts in multiples of £1/point. I use an account with Finspreads too, and they are more flexible in allowing fractional positions which would enable the stake to be exactly 5%.

I think it important to resist the temptation to make little adjustments and tweaks of one's own. Either one uses the system or one doesn't. "Trade what you see, not what you think" comes to mind. Also, you don't get a dog then bark yourself.

Sometimes when I was using Tradewin, which usually involved placing trades at Market I would make a tweak here or there, sometimes I patted myself on the back! But sometimes I kicked myself around the room. Tweaking made me lose focus, increased the influence of greed/fear, and on balance it cost me. This system appears to be better than Tradewin, so there will be even less reason to mess around with it. But I can see the tempation is there. Some recent Pending trades haven't triggered but the price has moved in the profitable direction, and one could have made a profit by entering prematurely. Big temptation in the future to enter a trade when it hasn't actually triggered. Once you start doing that where do you stop? You slip into a gambling mentality.

If I were competent as an independant trader, why would I need Concept FX? If I am not competent, and not independent, how could I believe I could better it?

Hi Sandy...i think the lack of comments posted mean we all share your plight..hence why we are concept users!....u say there is an alert getting closer...i wouldnt know.im not looking any more at the screens..BUT its taken a good 5 weeks to get to this stage..Yesterday i lost a fortune on oil..coz i gambled!...i tweaked with concept the first 2 weeks but havnt since..I think everyone who buys it initially will tweak like yourself (and myself)then step back and get on with life or even learn to trade..we should have our own 'failed traders forum' and see where and if we can learn from our mistakes.....i really am keen to learn a couple of simple systems and then wait till the right signals come along.........any one else keen to set something up?

Am I A Fool

I just cant help but think there is going to be high fives on the other end of the telephone when i give these guys £4000 quid, i called them up again to ask some more questions and to be honest there tone was not all that nice!!! and am i a fool to think some off these people on this THREAD dont work for them, no doubt the sale team are on commission and im pretty sure this would be a way to earn it, :|

Hi Andy,

Yes, I started trading oil when it was around $38 a barrel, and gold under $400/oz. I was convinced they would rise hugely. I traded and traded! My trade sizes were huge. I just knew I was going to make it big. But all I have done is lose lose lose all the way. So oil goes from $38 to $146, and I have lost consistently, even with long trades only!! There is no way I can claim to have made any profit. All because my trade size was too big, and I had to keep applying stop losses, which I did too late anyway. When I put in sensible quite wide stop losses as Stop orders spikes in the market took me out every time. I seldom took profits, convinced prices would go on up. But of course they don't go up smoothly. Then I decided I would just stay long in the markets at a low level, but buy more if they dropped, and dropped again. Guess what they just kept dropping and I had to get out with huge losses. Very similar situation trading gold and silver. Actually I was suddenly very well in profit after two years, when everything spiked up in May 2006. Guess what, I decided I would take profits when I was 40% up overall. On the day I was up 38% the markets plummetted, and a few days later I was back in the red, never to recover. And again this year similar situation. It looked like gold would never stop going up. I watched paralyzed as I nearly got wiped out completely when it fell back. I am far too embarrased to quote actual losses, but they really have been ridiculous.

Rogue trader. Pity it was my own money!!

I wonder what value there would actually be in a failed traders forum?!! Which of us would be able to come up with THE SOLUTION? But I am interested! I think at the moment my contribution would not extend much beyond cautionary tales.

I do still aspire to being a successful trader, and do wish I could find or design a valid methodology, in which I had confidence. That is really what is needed, so that one can stay cool when there are losing runs.

I just cant help but think there is going to be high fives on the other end of the telephone when i give these guys £4000 quid, i called them up again to ask some more questions and to be honest there tone was not all that nice!!! and am i a fool to think some off these people on this THREAD dont work for them, no doubt the sale team are on commission and im pretty sure this would be a way to earn it, :|

Hi Morgan,

All I can say is I personally am not working for ConceptFX or Tradewin. I am simply their customer and I have no commission deal or anything. I do not get any sense that others on this thread covertly work for them either. Sure £4000 is a lot of money. You must only spend it if you feel OK about it in yourself. There is nothing to be lost by holding fire. You could buy some gold bullion on Buy Gold Bullion Today ▷ Buy Gold Online At Live Spot Gold Prices - BullionVault.com in the meantime. And I don't work for them either!

I don't think you will ever get the answers you really want. I think the guys at Tradewin/ConceptFX or whatever are OK, but they are selling a black box, and they are simply putting you on the spot to get a decision from you. It is not a scam. They simply cannot give you a guarantee of results, and they are not prepared to let you look at the innards. The conventional wisdom is that blackbox systems are the wrong way to go, but rightly or wrongly I have always been rather perverse by nature. I have simply put my trust in their results table on the website, which I found persuasive when I broke the trades down. It is a risk I am willing to take, and I will trade as cautiously as is reasonable in my own circumstances. I would have every respect for you if you were not willing to go this way, and would do nothing to persuade you either way.

Many thanks for your words, i am going to sleep on it tonight,

Hi Morgan,

All I can say is I personally am not working for ConceptFX or Tradewin. I am simply their customer and I have no commission deal or anything. I do not get any sense that others on this thread covertly work for them either. Sure £4000 is a lot of money. You must only spend it if you feel OK about it in yourself. There is nothing to be lost by holding fire. You could buy some gold bullion on Buy Gold Bullion Today ▷ Buy Gold Online At Live Spot Gold Prices - BullionVault.com in the meantime. And I don't work for them either!

I don't think you will ever get the answers you really want. I think the guys at Tradewin/ConceptFX or whatever are OK, but they are selling a black box, and they are simply putting you on the spot to get a decision from you. It is not a scam. They simply cannot give you a guarantee of results, and they are not prepared to let you look at the innards. The conventional wisdom is that blackbox systems are the wrong way to go, but rightly or wrongly I have always been rather perverse by nature. I have simply put my trust in their results table on the website, which I found persuasive when I broke the trades down. It is a risk I am willing to take, and I will trade as cautiously as is reasonable in my own circumstances. I would have every respect for you if you were not willing to go this way, and would do nothing to persuade you either way.

hi guys...ok the learning forum now!!.i suggest we pick 2 or 3 pairs in the forex that concept dont deal in and we all have a discussion about where and when we buy and sell....I am more interested in swing trading which is where (i think) we trade like concept..which is picking an entry point ..i would use fibs as well as trend lines then simple s/r levels....we dont have to use money..just demo it..that way we can make money on concept and learn at little at no cost to ourselves.

pairs anyone??

Don't know what TA, if any, Concept FX uses. Certainly isn't RSI, MACD, MA crossovers or any of the other usual suspects. Could be pattern recognition. Anyone with thoughts on this ? Maybe the most valuable input is the money management ratios which appear to be based on ATR.

hi guys...ok the learning forum now!!.i suggest we pick 2 or 3 pairs in the forex that concept dont deal in and we all have a discussion about where and when we buy and sell....I am more interested in swing trading which is where (i think) we trade like concept..which is picking an entry point ..i would use fibs as well as trend lines then simple s/r levels....we dont have to use money..just demo it..that way we can make money on concept and learn at little at no cost to ourselves.

pairs anyone??

I suggest USDCAD and USDJPY

GPB/JPY is a goodie, although a little volatile.

And the ride's back on...concept has had a trade triggered :)