Concept FX

Well GMP,
As far as im concerned, my deal is that I WANT TO MAKE MONEY ... just like you and many others on T2W.
I dunno anything about FX ... never traded it... only do DJ and FTSE and gold and oil ... not even company stocks...
So I know a bit about sprd betting... simple charting techniques... etc... so I perfectly got what that guy was trying to put across... its a (relatively) small group of people trying to market something thats proved itself... in the very recent past.
He explained me some of the reasoning behind the software updates and some of it seemed some very basic support resistance, fibs, even trendlines and that sort... obviously he didnt disclose the deeper ones... for back-checking and probability assessment.
I, personally was sold about everything except the price... coz for someone in my situation 5k (even 4k) is quite a heavy task ...

Yes, me too. That's why I'm so suspicious of these things, and why I'm interested in seeing how Andy's experiences pan out.
As you say, a system that's proved itself in the recent past isn't necessarily something that's always going to work in all market conditions. I think I'll probably always stick to my own methods in the final analysis, seeing as I'm happier to learn from my own mistakes rather than take a punt on a system I don't know the ins and outs of.
Still, never say never!

Yes, me too. That's why I'm so suspicious of these things, and why I'm interested in seeing how Andy's experiences pan out.
As you say, a system that's proved itself in the recent past isn't necessarily something that's always going to work in all market conditions. I think I'll probably always stick to my own methods in the final analysis, seeing as I'm happier to learn from my own mistakes rather than take a punt on a system I don't know the ins and outs of.
Still, never say never!

Well... having said RECENT PAST ... their results thing has been going on since 4 years... and i guess the world has seen quite a few varying crazy financial conditions in that time... where they managed to get 3000 into 25000 and then making crazy profits !!!
The only drawbacks for me are
1. THE BL00DY PRICE !!!
2. The fact that you have to go online EVERY SINGLE DAY to see if you have anything going on ... every day ... thats a lot !! What if you're flying to Australia ?? What if ur sick for 4 days ??? Romantic Dinner with Mrs. ??? "Oh no wait daahling.. its 8:30 ... gotta go .. run my SOFTWARE !!! " ... oooh ... i can already feel her 5 inch heel'd shoes in my face ... and its not pleasureable !!!
MATTER OF FACT: 8:30pm EVERYDAY is possibly the most uncomfortable time and its sooo irritating coz the actual job would not take more than 10 mins I would imagine (run the damn update and place your bet if any)... but its just sooo intrusive in ur personal life !

Dont Panic mr mannering

Well... having said RECENT PAST ... their results thing has been going on since 4 years... and i guess the world has seen quite a few varying crazy financial conditions in that time... where they managed to get 3000 into 25000 and then making crazy profits !!!
The only drawbacks for me are
1. THE BL00DY PRICE !!!
2. The fact that you have to go online EVERY SINGLE DAY to see if you have anything going on ... every day ... thats a lot !! What if you're flying to Australia ?? What if ur sick for 4 days ??? Romantic Dinner with Mrs. ??? "Oh no wait daahling.. its 8:30 ... gotta go .. run my SOFTWARE !!! " ... oooh ... i can already feel her 5 inch heel'd shoes in my face ... and its not pleasureable !!!
MATTER OF FACT: 8:30pm EVERYDAY is possibly the most uncomfortable time and its sooo irritating coz the actual job would not take more than 10 mins I would imagine (run the damn update and place your bet if any)... but its just sooo intrusive in ur personal life !

calm down dear its only a commerical...the truth is effem...you can run ur updates at 8.30 in the morning if you like coz these alerts arent a buy now scheme...they make u place orders and it can be 3 or 4 days before they trigger...but if u really want to check ur updates at 8.30 let me take ur G/F out instead ;-)..lol

[QUOTEif u really want to check ur updates at 8.30 let me take ur G/F out instead ;-)..lol[/QUOTE]

Heheheheheh!

Yes, the craziness has kicked in this past 12 months but otherwise, since 2003, market conditions have been pretty calm overall by historical standards, and any fool can make money in a rising market (as someone wiser than me once said). The choppy waters kicked up by the credit crunch and fuel/food price rises are the sort of thing that inevitably crops up sooner or later, so if a system can't cope with them you might as well just stick with a simple momentum indicator and hope a long term trend develops again!
Mind you, crazy market conditions I can just about deal with - girlfriends armed with high heels are a whole different ball game!:cry:

calm down dear its only a commerical...the truth is effem...you can run ur updates at 8.30 in the morning if you like coz these alerts arent a buy now scheme...they make u place orders and it can be 3 or 4 days before they trigger...but if u really want to check ur updates at 8.30 let me take ur G/F out instead ;-)..lol

Oii !!! Mr. annDDy26 !!! OVERBOARD ALERT !!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Yes, the craziness has kicked in this past 12 months but otherwise, since 2003, market conditions have been pretty calm overall by historical standards, and any fool can make money in a rising market (as someone wiser than me once said). The choppy waters kicked up by the credit crunch and fuel/food price rises are the sort of thing that inevitably crops up sooner or later, so if a system can't cope with them you might as well just stick with a simple momentum indicator and hope a long term trend develops again!
Mind you, crazy market conditions I can just about deal with - girlfriends armed with high heels are a whole different ball game!:cry:

ohhhh dont put such vivid thots in my head..lol...Gmp..just on the point of choppy waters ..have u seen how much money they have made this year alone?...and historical figures show the last 6 months to be the best....concept now have to live trades on the go at the moment..one up 123 pips..and one down 60 pips...when they close i will post them on my spread sheet.

just on the point of choppy waters ..have u seen how much money they have made this year alone?...and historical figures show the last 6 months to be the best....

Ever the hypocritical cynic, I'm wondering if most of that profit has come from the plummeting dollar? I probably ought to shut up and just watch your results though!

another trade finished thru the this morning making ..this was their original figures of their entry stop loss objective ..the second last figure is my exit ..concept trailed their stop last night to 1.5565..so i beat em by 25 pips..lol..to date £459 profit in 3 weeks

EURUSD 20/06/2008 sell 1.5640 1.5715 1.5430 1.5535 0.0105

Hi Guys
I am entering this thread late, but have been reading all the way with interest. I have followed Andys lead and just invested in Concept FX 'Software' although I did grill them on it, and they did admit it was not a software appliction, but a membership to receive triggers. They can not email or publish them under FSA regulations.

The system works purely on Technical analsys, so will not read the news, or see trends on US labour market, inflation, and interest rate drops. The truth is that anyone can probably come up with the same results if they can spend the time applying lots of TA, and rules to all the markets, but I dont have the time for this, and at this stage the knowledge. Given time, who knows.

I am sure there will be losses as well as gains, as Andy has shown us, but as long as there are more winners, I will be happy.

You can call me a fool if you like, and will also update you all on my experience with the 'software' and how Concept respond to any questions I have.

Hi jason

it would be nice to have another fool to confirm the results..lol..I really havnt any questions for them
but one point id like to raise....On their results page their figures are slightly misguided as there is no allocation for the spread!! ie if i buy at 1.900 my account takes 3 pips off and my bank goes straight into a minus...then they close at say 1.9050..they would show (1 pip= £1) 50 profit..my account shows £47 profit....just an observation

Yeap !! Sorry forgot to mention this on the thread... I asked them at the expo whether there is a software provision to account for spreads... and the answer was NO. Simply coz different brokers have diff. amounts of spreads...
You should be careful about your entry level also... coz it might reach just below the entry level and go the other way but it might trigger ur trade if ur spread is big enough.

Well done Jason... I might follow ur's and AnDDy's lead soon... there have been quite a few attempts to make these kind of software packages... this one seems to work even in severe market conditions.

Spreads are a pain, and Concept did say that they used to recomend CMC, as they had tighter spreads, but my experience of them is that they just wanted you to start an account no matter what, so I ignored them and the free gifts. I now use IGindex, who may not have the best spreads, but I am pleased with their platform, and able to access it on my mobile phone.

The only concern I had about meeting with Concept was their office In Luton. Very nice, but it is a deserted, and they claimed they are moving people there soon. The company is only small in numbers, so not sure what I was expecting. I hope to get the pack this week and then start waiting for the alerts.

Spreads are a pain, and Concept did say that they used to recomend CMC, as they had tighter spreads, but my experience of them is that they just wanted you to start an account no matter what,

OOOOOOOOOOH !!! Another dissappointed CMC man !!! Dyu know how they actually do trading ? They have traders looking at both new and exp users and they do the opposite of what the newbies do and do the same thing as the experienced ones... so (since stats show that 80% of newbies are wrong)... they win big ... and if a newbie starts getting good... they dump him in another group and start copying his trades !!!
IG has some really cool features nowadays ... wit all that trading from the charts and stuff... its really Ace !

well concept did it again!!! they took 205 pips on GBPUSD,,,i didnt how ever i took 162..because i medeled with the system...Thats the last i medle!!.

and the spooky thing again is they exited 13 point below the high of the day!!...i am personally 514 pips up for this month so far they are 554 i would say...one trade live just now and 40 pips to the good!...

at this moment in time ive nothing but praise for this system...i used to chase and panic over 10 pips ..now im letting 200 and 300 pip trades run for 3 or 4 days

7 completed trades 4 winners and 3 losers 514 pips up.

I myself have decided to take the plunge with Concept FX. Been running around a month or so, and not too bad so far. There's been a couple of howlers (EURGBP) that lost both time rapidly, and a few others that I didn't take (thankfully) because they didn't make sense (ie system already long EURUSD, and telling me to short GBPUSD). I missed one good entry because I couldn't be arsed to setup my platform on a Sunday night, and the entry was trigged at 7am on the Monday, when I was still asleep. One trade is open at the moment. Been negative all day, however in the last 15 mins it has just about turned positive.
I'll personally be giving this system 6 months, but so far so good.
One very frustrating point is Concept seem to take an age to update their results page on the website, so I'm still a little dubious about the results. However time will no doubt tell.

well concept did it again!!! they took 205 pips on GBPUSD,,,i didnt how ever i took 162..because i medeled with the system...Thats the last i medle!!.

and the spooky thing again is they exited 13 point below the high of the day!!...i am personally 514 pips up for this month so far they are 554 i would say...one trade live just now and 40 pips to the good!...

at this moment in time ive nothing but praise for this system...i used to chase and panic over 10 pips ..now im letting 200 and 300 pip trades run for 3 or 4 days

7 completed trades 4 winners and 3 losers 514 pips up.

Obviously far too early to judge the whole(for me anyway) but I am impressed by these huge pip gains. Tenner a pip would test the fidelity of your SB firm, especially if the hit rate continues! (Need a big deposit to cover that though...)
Mind you, first month of the footy season often sees some surprises at the top of the table, but they don't hand any silverware out til the Spring!:(