Complete Beginner

biohazard

I've just registered in the forum and really want to get into trading. I have been reading lots of the guides through the various postings.

Can anyone recommend a good beginners book I can buy for the complete novice?

Thanks

on what subject?

TA
Money Management
Spreadbetting
Market wizards
etc.........

BioHazard I would recommend 'Reminiscence of a stock operator' although its not related to SB it is a great beginners guide to introducing this new world! Hope this Helps!!

Bio,

"New Fibonacci Trader" by Robert Fischer,but pay attention to the caveats he attaches to the use of tools/indicators and indeed his overall opinion of the market and it's movement. The emphasis is on risk and your tolerance for it and the use of tools within that context.

Hope you find it useful. "Stock operator" is good,but read it afterwards and think about the psychology of risk when you do.
Add Ricard Wyckoff to your list and you have a good core to learn from.

Cheers

Thanks for the advice ilia I'll be ordering the book shortly. chump, I've searched for this book and found two titles:

The New Fibonacci Trader Workbook: Step-by-step Exercises to Help You Master the New Fibonacci Trader

The New Fibonacci Trader: Tools and Strategies for Trading Success

Which book did you mean or would both be a good read?

Thanks

Bio,
You can skip the workbook. It's mainly a rehash of the text "New Fibonacci trader". You can always get it if you think you got value from the main text.

I should also say that it will have more value and application if you are swing trading from daily charts.

Cheers

BioHazard be carefull when reading 'Stock Operater' as the man was a very beting person, he did not accept the risk, and lost all his money a few times. I would not recommend to trade by his strategies, but it is a good book because it gives a rough outline about the whole trading world, the scams, the profits, etc.

Good Luck

What about Technical analysis of the financial markets by John Murphy. Grat book to get started with in TA.

Iain