Competitions

kaya75

Hi All,

Just wondered if anyone has signed up for the FXPRO comp running through myfxbook?

I'm in as Kaya75 going to trade position and orders, see what happens :clover:

Peace and Pips All

Hi All,

Just wondered if anyone has signed up for the FXPRO comp running through myfxbook?

I'm in as Kaya75 going to trade position and orders, see what happens :clover:

Peace and Pips All

Was too late to get myself registered there.

What is your current status ? In top 10 ?

Hello Guys,

Normally I don't like to participate in competitions. In my opinion, we always want to win the game even with higher lots and without caring about the risk.

In this case we will not learn then psychological aspects of trading.

Perox

just waiting to be offered a job in Manchester.........been waiting in the wings for 26 years

if not i'll sign up in the competion
N

Hello Guys,

Normally I don't like to participate in competitions. In my opinion, we always want to win the game even with higher lots and without caring about the risk.

In this case we will not learn then psychological aspects of trading.

Perox
I do not agree with you man- it's more challenging where there is competition.any competition that allow us to use any strategies to create profit is really can be a good place to train our idea, strategy, concept, money management and not forget the psychology, without having to worry we will loose any cent. The environment that fill with competition will push our mind to create more reliable analysis which is good for our own skills.

Tried trade1on1 and i hope you will like this approach of trading

Was too late to get myself registered there.

What is your current status ? In top 10 ?

haha, i haven't even traded this comp - the server won't let me log on through MT4.

I'm not big into comps - i just see them as a lucky draw and look for a likely top/bottom then risk the house.

Having said that i ended up 60% up in the oanda one - https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/contest-kaya75/510130 although i left one trade open.

I'm impressed at the profits the top ten do make - i don't even see why they are in the comps... even a small live account at those returns would reward more than the first prize.

One thing about psychology of trading and comps i agree comps can form bad habits if you let them,
Having said that they are a bit more exciting place to test out stuff then the demo accounts.
I wasn't using sl's in oandas really and saw 100% of my completed trades hit a profit - this caused me to look at my stop management on my live account and subsequently study a bit more and broaden my horizons to which ends its had a positive effect.

As far as my comp techtics go i'll stick with psycho poker - wait for a decent entry and go all in - never going to win a comp without compounding though by the looks of the top rankers - its just for fun (y)

just waiting to be offered a job in Manchester.........been waiting in the wings for 26 years

if not i'll sign up in the competion
N

that goes to whoever hold the magic watch :whistling