Competition errors

bertiewhite

There is something SERIOUSLY wrong with this competition now, I've got a portfolio of 6 shares and have gone from around position 70th to 15th and not done anything!!! I am not in this for the prize, just practice for when I really trade, but surely a competition with a prize should be run properly? If I experience too many technical problems, then I shall not bother and I suspect I won't be the only one, as there are other virtual trading sites out there.

Hi bertiewhite,

The competition appears to have multiple order entry problem at the moment, whereby a trade is duplicated even when there aren't sufficent funds to process it. This is strange because we haven't recently updated the competition and it's odd that all of a sudden a lot of members are having this problem.

Anyone who as experienced this bug, can you tell me whether you actually placed two orders by accident, perhaps you clicked twice because the page was waiting to load. Was there two order awaiting to be processed, or just once, hence the problem is something different?

Any errors in the competition I always try to fix the same day, but if LOTS of people are having error, we may need to abandon this competition and start a fresh with the problem resolved.

Well thankfully I don't see the need to cancel this month's competition.

I've fixed the problems with member's portfolio that I'm aware have problems there are:

bertiewhite
maraconi
kevinmcm

I've also devised a more efficient way to correct problems when they arise. Which hopefully won't be for a while! I have noticed a couple of shares not being quoted - apologies if this is causing you disruption, I expect these to be resolved shortly.

To Sharky,

I have logged in and it said please register and I cant view my portfolio to trade it. I wanted to sell IDN Telecom and short Offshore Telecom today.

Kind Regards
Stephen

Sounds like a cookie problem as I've not made any changes to the login process - trying logging out - deleting your cookies and logging back in.